MongoDB Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

MongoDB Software Engineer Interview Questions

40 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at MongoDB (New York, NY).

Interview

Standard phone interview. Recruiter will contact you to set up a time to talk over the phone. Very friendly, but asked me to clarify my graduation date four times. Got back within the week, I got rejected.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to quit your current job to work at MongoDB   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for MongoDB

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at MongoDB (New York, NY).

Interview

Had a phone call with the recruiter, who said she would circulate my resume around the various teams to see if there was any interest. The recruiter got back to me very quickly saying that there was no interest from the team. I found out later that she had also signed me up for a barrage of MongoDB marketing emails, which was very unprofessional.

Interview Questions

MongoDB Response

Dec 14, 2016 – Social Recruiting and Employer Brand Specialist

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts. We apologize you were accidentally signed up to receive emails. If you could visit http://go.mongodb.com/unsubscribe we'd be happy to unsubscribe... More

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at MongoDB (New York, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

Dropped of my resume at my university's career fair. Contacted a couple of weeks later by email for a phone screen with a recruiter. Advanced to 45 minute technical phone interview (online coding). Contacted the next day inviting me to come to MongoDB's office for on-site technical interviews. Three one-hour interviews. One chatting about myself and technical discussion, then the other two interview were whiteboard coding challenges.

Interview Questions

• Standard string and array manipulation problems, (comparable to easy-to-medium difficulty on leetcode.com).   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at MongoDB.

Interview

1. Call with a recruiter, asked why I was interested in MongoDB. Let me know at the end of the interview that her colleague would be reaching out about scheduling a 1-hr technical interview. After talking to friends who also applied, this stage is actually important in determining whether you get a technical interview. Know why you want to work at MongoDB!

2. Highly technical interview: covered CS fundamentals (binary search trees, garbage collection, maps, sorts), operating systems, 3 programming questions on a collaboration site. Lasted the full hour.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between mergesort and quicksort?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at MongoDB (New York, NY).

Interview

Phone Screen, then technical phone interview. easy-medium leetcode question.
    On-site following that. lunch with full time engineers then 3 technical interviews. Mix of design/coding questions + resume questions. They care about culture a lot, on top of perfect answers to tech questions. They want enthusiasm, but it's ok if you've never used MongoDB before.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at MongoDB (New York, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

Process took roughly 1 and a half months. Applied online, had a phone interview and then a technical interview through Skype. Went to NYC for the final round of interviews onsite. Experience was great, the people were very kind and friendly, the technical questions weren't incredibly challenging but a few of them were unique and a little tricky. Definitely got stumped at one point during one of the onsite interviews.

Interview Questions

• Given a collection of coordinates on a 2D graph, find a pair of coordinates that form a line such that the rest of the coordinates are evenly distributed on both sides of that line.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at MongoDB in November 2016.

Interview

Got an email from a recruiter because I submitted my resume to a resume pool during a hackathon. Email inquired if I was interested in applying, then set up a phone screen for a few days later. Phone screen was super simple: asked questions about my resume, side projects, hobbies, etc. Was notified at the end of the call that I had progressed to the next step.

The next step was a 1-on-1 technical interview with a developer that worked at MongoDB. We used an online code-collaboration website, and google hangouts. He asked me questions about the classes I was currently taking, as well as general data structures questions. Then I had one coding question. I was notified a few hours later that I had passed this step as well, and scheduled the final interview.

The final interview consisted of 3 back-to-back, 45-minute interviews with different developers, each from a different team at MongoDB. The interviewers were super awesome and informal; we just talked about different Computer Science related things, before they asked me to answer some coding questions.

A few days later I got a call from my recruiter with a verbal offer, and the official offer was emailed to me the day afterwards.

Tip: From talking to several friends who also interviewed, they seem to base questions pretty heavily off what classes you're currently in; I.E. my friends who are in an OS class get OS related questions, those in Algorithms get algorithms-based questions, et.c.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at MongoDB (San Jose, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

very fast. Connected by HR after applied online. He asked about my resume and MongoDB - likes and dislikes, what database experience I had, etc.Then sent me two questions and another tech interview with one of team member. Easy Question but I move on...

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at MongoDB in October 2016.

Interview

I had a phone screen where they asked basic questions about my background and why I wanted to work there. They asked if I used MongoDB and why I was interested in computer science.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MongoDB (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

Applied online. Recruiter responded in a few days. Went through 2 phone interviews. The on site. Questions were not the difficult. Mostly related the the position I was applying. 4 rounds of interviews.