Cover image for MongoDB

Engaged Employer

Add an Interview

MongoDB Technical Support Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Nov 10, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 5 of over 877 interviews

Applied online20%
3.6
HardAverageEasy

MongoDB

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at MongoDB in Jun 2020

Interview

Moved quickly, arrangement of 1-1 online interview. Interviewer Friendly but asked random set of technical questions, so broad I don't see how someone could prepare for this even if given the heads up. They did get back quickly with some sort of feedback though

Interview Questions
  • what's difference between inner and outer join SQL How would you troubleshoot a Linux service How would you troubleshoot API if it received HTTP 400 error Linux commands questions What is a web-hook
    Answer Question
Be the first to find this interview helpful

MongoDB

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 months. I interviewed at MongoDB in Feb 2018

Interview

It started with a talk with the recruiter which was basic technical questions. Then few phone interviews were scheduled, of 1 hour each, with various team members doing the same job from different office locations around the world. Few more talks with the recruiters and I was then invited to their headquarter in New York for a set of 4 more interviews face to face which lasted about 4 hours. The whole process took exceptionally long as they were doing to internal reorganization of the team at the same time. The entire time the recruiter was very nice and kept constant contact with me to reassure me that everything was still going good. All team members were also very nice peoples and their were no catch in any questions. Even that the process was extremely long, the staff were always very professional.

Interview Questions
  • Most questions were scenarios that they might or not have seen.
1 person found this interview helpful

What people are saying about MongoDB

Join the conversation on
Join the conversation on

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Dublin

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at MongoDB (Dublin, Dublin) in Sep 2017

Interview

Smooth, clear communication, time bound, Difficulty level was up to the mark for my experience, HR was more than helpful during the entire process and all rounds were done within 1 month

Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at MongoDB (Gurgaon, Haryana) in Jun 2016

Interview

I was referred and the process started for a Technical Support Engineer Solution for MongoDB Everything seemed OK. The first interview was set with Rod Adams. He is a manager with an IMPRESSIVE LinkedIN profile. We talked about the company and how they did business and the experience I could bring to the organization. Nearing the end of the interview his technical challenge was how would I build a 1 Petabyte storage system with commodity hardware. He mentioned he likes to ask that to candidates and some of them failed miserably at it. Not intimidated by that, I gave it my best shot despite that not being my background. There was no feedback from him and at the end thanked him for his time expressing how much I looked forward to hear back and hopefully join the team. He said he would evaluate me and I would hear form the Company. My impression was that he was indeed a bright fellow and that in general things had gone well. A few days later got an e-mail from the recruiter saying they would not go any further.

Interview Questions
  • How would you build a 1Petabyte storage with commodity hardware
4 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Dublin

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at MongoDB (Dublin, Dublin) in Jul 2013

Interview

Made it to the second phone interview with 10gen. The first interview was a very chilled out interview and it is hard to judge how well you have done because it doesn't seem as a proper interview. They asked questions about your career and about me. There are no technical questions at this point. The second interview on the other hand is a different story. They ask you questions that are technical but they are the type of questions that you can really only "show" your answers, by this i mean you ideally need to be next to them on a computer to show how to carry out the steps. The questions are convoluted and story-based. I felt it was unfair to expect someone to be able to put across their technical expertise over the phone with these type of questions. During the interview I was told that 10gen have a "ten" interview process. This is ridiculous. Who has time for 10 interviews?

Interview Questions
  • This company is a database company, you should know your database technologies. No unexpected questions, just really convoluted questions and hard to decipher and put your technical expertise over the phone.
4 people found this interview helpful