Monsanto Company Biologist I Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Monsanto Company Biologist I Interview Questions

3 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Woodland, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Monsanto Company (Woodland, CA).

Interview

Panel consists of the supervisors of the involved departments. They take turn asking you interview questions, mostly behavior questions related to your previous work experiences. Then you get a tour of the lab.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle these situations were the hardest for me.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation since it was a contract job

Other Interview Reviews for Monsanto Company

Biologist I Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Monsanto Company.

Interview

Applied online via a staffing agency. Had a panel interview with three senior scientists (my would be managers). They asked me questions about my former research projects. They really wanted me to elaborate on my skills. They all talked about their work and goals while I sat and listened. At times it was awkward and tense because my research was very different than theirs. The only behavioral questions were ones that related to working with others. Everyone has to get along and they really want people who are outgoing and easy to work with.

Interview Questions

• Describe a different route you would have taken with your previous research. What is the organic name for colchicine.   Answer Question

I declined the offer because after the three hour interview I decided that I wasn't the best candidate, even though I was offered the job.

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Monsanto Company (Saint Louis, MO) in February 2011.

Interview

This was a face to face interview, with two different panels, each comprised of two people. It was a relaxed atmosphere.

Interview Questions

• Name a difficult work situation and how you handled it?   Answer Question
    • What was a project/deadline you failed on and how did you handle the situation?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation, this was a contract position