Monsanto Company Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 13, 2017

3.1

127 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Monsanto Company.

Interview

3 stage process. First in person second in person with team and last with HR. HR round was the longest in terms or time. First round was easy and only questions asked were regarding the use of MS Project.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any experience with MS Project and how long have your projects been?   Answer Question

Human Resources Generalist Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Monsanto Company in June 2017.

Interview

I had an initial 30 minute phone screen and the following week a 60 minute phone interview. Both included behaviorally based questions. I also had an informal offsite meeting in person with the hiring manager who was able to provide a lot of detail about the role. The final interview was on site and included three 45 minute panel interviews with two people in each round. The interviewers were both from the business side and HR. All included behaviorally based questions and left 5-10 minutes at the end for me to ask questions. I was contacted a week later and informed that I was not selected for the role. The whole interview process took about a month. Overall, it was a positive experience despite not being selected.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to make a difficult decision. What was the outcome?   Answer Question

Information Technology Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Monsanto Company.

Interview

Got call through career fair, short listed for personal Interview. Interview took place in two phases with group of different interviewers. Interviewer spent a lot of time telling me about the company and about the role for which I was been considered. Interview last around 1 hour, pretty easy questions. Overall it was a good experience.

Technical Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Monsanto Company.

Interview

The entire process took about 6 months. Got a call one month after online application to schedule phone interview. Interview went professional on the phone. About 5 people on the call. They make you feel like you have a job like which department would you prefer.. Then I kept emailing month after month with no response, with a couple of phone calls in between. Then I got an email on the 6th month, not even a courtesy call about having so many talented people applied.lol Sounds like the applicants were more talented..

Sales- Climate Corp Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Monsanto Company (New York, NY).

Interview

I was interviewed by a recruiter and then by the hiring manager. They said I would be contacted within a week of the interview. I tried MULTIPLE times contact of someone in HR about the status with absolutely no luck. I am always disappointed when you devote your time to a company and they cannot respond to a email, phone call, or voicemail-just the standard sorry we are seeking other candidates email.

Interview Questions

• Toughest customer and Best customer experience and how did they turn out?   Answer Question
    • Whats the deepest relationship with a farmer and how did you cultivate that?   Answer Question
    • How do you handle customer complaints?   Answer Question
    • What is a time where you needed to deal with change?   Answer Question
    • Who is the best boss you ever had and why?   Answer Question

Regulatory Affairs Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Monsanto Company (Saint Louis, MO) in January 2017.

Interview

I don't think I have ever been this disappointed in a company before in my life. This was the second interview I had for a position after an internal candidate was selected over me for the first position. I had a half-day scheduled of either one-on-one or two-on-one interviews with various regulatory staff, of which the questions were nothing different from what is stated here (all behavioral/situational questions). It took over 4 months to receive a response after a thank you and follow-up email, and it ended up being an automated rejection. I think I was spoiled from my first interview for another regulatory affairs position here, as the hiring manager was always very responsive and told me that although an internal candidate was selected over me, she would recommend me for another position and gave me pros/cons over my applicant profile. I thought I had fit the job profile, but applying to further regulatory affairs positions has now led to this company sending an automated response stating that they no longer have an appropriate match for my skill set and/or experience at this time. For the series of interviews that I had this with company, I had thought that perhaps there would be some sort of personal follow-up. This has officially made me think twice of ever recommending anyone to apply here---for openly priding themselves on being a respectful organization, they should seriously re-evaluate their departments to see if that respect is actually being upheld. Perhaps Bayer can teach them a few things.

Interview Questions

• Describe why you feel your regulatory experience in a non-industry setting would translate well in a corporate environment.   Answer Question

Maintenance Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Monsanto Company (Madison, WI) in December 2016.

Interview

First Phone screening- professionally conducted, at a corporate level. I received a thank you from them with links to company information. Two weeks latter had in person interview with three individuals and one over the phone. Absolutely no questions on capabilities, all questions were personality and behavior based. Body language from one person told me I was a waist of his time. Puting the previous statements together I assume they were "going through the motions" but they already had a person picked out for the roll.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when had to work with a person you normally would have no association outside of work with.   Answer Question
    • Explain a time when you were the most creative during work.   Answer Question
    • Give an example of a time when you saw something needed to be done and you just did it.   Answer Question

Logistics Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grinnell, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Monsanto Company (Grinnell, IA) in December 2016.

Interview

Phone screen one week. Hiring manager interview the following week. On-site interview two weeks later. Began late October. On site in early December.

My advice, avoid Grinnell, Iowa. Management is a weak representative of the corporation; hopefully is not endemic to the corporation as a whole. Action PASSED is not action TAKEN jerkoff.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your experience and your background and how you feel it would benefit the company at this site.   1 Answer
    • I've heard all I need to hear. Do you have questions for us?   1 Answer

Maintenance Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Monsanto Company.

Interview

I applied online and got scheduled for a phone pre-screen interview. The recruiter called at the agreed time and she basically went through every item on my resume with me. It was easy, since they were all stuffs that I had done. I have not heard back from them yet, I would update this as soon as I get a feedback.

Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Monsanto Company (Saint Louis, MO) in November 2016.

Interview

Recevied a request for a phone interview from HR a month after applying online. The phone screening took about 30 min and it was mainly about my resume and career goals. Hiring mangaer called me two weeks after that for a face to face interview. The interview was conducted by three panels, each panel composed of two people. more than 95% of questions were behavioral based and the rest were technical. To me it sounds that many of the questions were unrelated to the position that I've applied and many of the questions were repeated in every panel. And then after two months I had the result which was negative. I recommend before you go to interview gather information about the team and its dynamic. There are some teams that need someone to work (they need musle) and don't critize or question the status quo.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you forced to change your day-to-day activity in shadow of an organization change.
      Tell me about a time when you missed a deadline.   Answer Question