Monsanto Company QA/TESTING Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.0

1 Candidate Interview ReviewBack to all Interviews

QA/TESTING Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Monsanto Company (Saint Louis, MO) in May 2012.

Interview

Phone interviews were fine. Admin that set up the onsite interview schedule was not there to meet me (drove to St Louis night before); that was quite unprofessional but these things happen. Once the process was under way, it was two panel interviews and one interview with the org lead.

Second onsite interview was interesting. I was asked to walk to another building on campus which meant I needed to cross over the express way via an overpass. Most of the journey was me walking along the road as there were not side walks. Odd. Once the interviews got underway, i spent more time with the folks who had interviewed me prior plus some new folks. My takeaway? There was more interest in knowing how to run a testing team as my sense of it was, no one there really knows how to do it successfully. I wanted to share my experiences but not be pumped for information so they could essentially pick up tools of the trade and offer the position to a local cheaper resource. It's possible I was too vague at times but I started seeing a pattern and determine I was no longer interested but since I was in St Louis I decided to finish up the interview and go to Six Flags.

Interview Questions

• No question was difficult. But from the tenor of the questions clearly there is tension between US IT and development. Plus the org lead was not forthcoming to me when I asked if they have been having struggles with testing (the other folks I interviewed with had already stated they have been having trouble pushing out good product).   Answer Question