Monsanto Company Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 14, 2017

2.9

Data Analytics Co-op Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Monsanto Company (Saint Louis, MO) in October 2016.

Interview

Prepare a presentation about your (academic or industry) project, focusing on data science skills. They did ask me a bunch of questions based on the statistical skills and tools I implemented, as well as the procedures I took before analyzing the dataset. They asked some questions based on the skills I stated in my resume and drilled a little in depth on that.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Monsanto Company.

Interview

Unfortunately was not invited to interview. After speaking with recruiters at the career fair and apply online I received an email a couple of days after notifying me that I didn't reflect the overall qualification of the position. Which would be fine but considering I met all of the criteria listed on the webpage just seems odd. Not sure how I was unable to make it pass the database portion of the application process given I have a very high GPA, professional experience in Supply Chain, leadership experience in multiple organization and really hit it off with the recruiters at the Career Fair.

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Monsanto Company (Saint Louis, MO) in October 2016.

Interview

Interview went well, classic intro. No technical questions unless asking specific to his team. Otherwise entirely behavioral, which I felt was rather guided towards me. This was great because it felt like a conversation. That being said- great overall experience.

Interview Questions

• What is a project you have worked on that had a heavy math background to it?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Iowa City, IA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Monsanto Company (Iowa City, IA) in October 2016.

Interview

Only one round of interviews - met them at a career fair, they almost immediately offered to give me an interview. Had the interview at my university the following day. Met in a room with three of their engineers (Two were chemical engineers, one was electrical. I was applying as an electrical engineering intern). They were dressed down even though they requested interviewees wear business professional attire. Interview itself was fairly straightforward - although they stuck to the basic behavioral interview questions you could tell they really wanted to dialogue with their potential interns, which was nice. Got a job offer from then within 1.5 weeks.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time when you did not meet a project deadline - what did you do to recover?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edwardsville, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Monsanto Company (Edwardsville, IL) in October 2016.

Interview

I was selected from a career fair and given an interview on my college campus. All questions were behavioral, nothing technical. They said they would rather know that you are good at communicating, and asked a lot of "tell us a time where..." questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time when something unexpected happened and it changed your daily life.   Answer Question
    • Tell us a time where you missed a deadline.   Answer Question

SummerOr Co-op Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, MO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Monsanto Company (Columbia, MO) in October 2016.

Interview

All behavioral questions. I think I did pretty good job although it's still up to them since there is no "correct" answer for behavioral questions. The interviewer was super nice and she said that she likes working in Monsanto because of the people she's working with. Still looking forward to their response.

Customer Operations Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Creve Coeur, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Monsanto Company (Creve Coeur, MO) in October 2016.

Interview

The interview consisted of two-three person panels that lasted approximately 45 minutes. Asked to highlight resume, then given behavioral based questions for both interviews. Both groups were very polite and really explained the functions of the job, and what would make an employees exceptional at the position.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you had to work with a difficult person.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, MO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Monsanto Company (Columbia, MO) in October 2016.

Interview

the interviewer is very nice. And all if them three ask me the question. The question is not so hardful. it last about 25mins. And they are very nice. But I have not received the second interview. And they have not give me the email about the decline.

Interview Questions

• If you do not finish the work in due time, what do you do?   Answer Question

Customer Operations Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oxnard, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Monsanto Company (Oxnard, CA).

Interview

Panel interview with behavioral based questions. Typically 1 hour interview per panel interview (different roles have different number of panels between 1-2 panels). Panel can be between 2-5 people. While you answer they take notes and each take turns asking an interview question they have pre-determined in their binders

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to make a difficult decision?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you disagreed with management? What did you do?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you had to work in a team?   Answer Question

Research Associate Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Monsanto Company.

Interview

It took a little while but eventually got contacted for a phone interview which took about 30 minutes. It would have been followed by an in person interview but the position was canceled.