Monsoon Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 12, 2017

2.7

Interviews for Top Jobs at Monsoon

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Monsoon.

Interview

too many hard questions lmao
    however, it was a great interview.
    but - they act nice, and then they act the opposite when you work. so whats the point?
    during the interviews, we should ask them if they are gonna respect us or not. also, when i CAME IN, they said there were no interviews, and sent me to accessorize.
    unorganized and rude, they are crazy!

Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milton Keynes, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Monsoon (Milton Keynes, England (UK)) in March 2016.

Interview

I had to write a cv and hand it in in-store, where I was introduced to the manager who read my cv there and then. She then asked me to return several days later for a group interview with several other girls. It lasted a few hours and it was a mixture of answering questions, doing group activities with the other applicants and then we were watched to see how well we interacted with customers on the shop floor. I got a phone call later that day saying I got the job

Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Monsoon (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in November 2015.

Interview

First I had to apply in store , they had an application form I had to fill out. I filled it out there and then and handed it to one of the girls that was working there.

About less than a week later I got a call back for an interview.

It was a group interview and it was pretty straight forward. There was about 8 of us and one interviewer she put us into two teams of 4, to answer questions on the company and what not. Then out of our teams she gave us a each a profile of a person to find an outfit for, for example :

Mary is looking for an outfit to wear to a party/wedding/babyshower.
    She is a bubbly person and likes to wear short things etc.
    Her budget is 200 euro.
    Find an outfit for Mary.

Then we went back up to the staff room to explain the outfit and why we picked it. I advise you to choose shoes and accessories also just to show that you've thought about it also as it is an outfit. And pay attention to the profile and pick an outfit based on that.

That was pretty much the interview it lasted for about an hour and she told us if we were or were not successful she'd get back to us.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about what you know about the company : founder , when founded , slogan etc   1 Answer
    • How would you approach a customer?   1 Answer

Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Monsoon (London, England (UK)) in October 2015.

Interview

I applied in the store with my cv, they call me after 3 weeks. I had an interview with the store manager, first she put to think at one celebrity/singer/ public person and to go in store to choose the clothes who she will go out Friday night with the girls. After i have to answer for a set of questions

Interview Questions

• My studies, which part of the store I would like to work and some hypothetical situations.   Answer Question

Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Monsoon (Birmingham, England (UK)) in August 2015.

Interview

I applied by handing my CV in store. There was a one on one interview with the manager and I was asked a series of questions. The interview lasted for around 15 minutes. A few hours later I got a call from the manager offering the job :) This is my first job but I had relevant experience.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your education and work history. Tell me about a successful project you've carried out.
      Name a time when you've had to take on constructive criticism. How have you acted as a role model? Why Monsoon?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Monsoon (London, England (UK)) in November 2014.

Interview

Introduction to the Monsoon culture through videos and talks from managers.
    SCENARIO TESTING
    Groups task - we were given a celebrity and 15 minutes to pick out an entire outfit for the celebrity in pairs. Then made to defend why we chose certain outfits.

Interview Questions

• How would you persuade a customer to purchase additional items?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Sales Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Monsoon in September 2014.

Interview

I saw they were looking for applicants in the shop window, so asked for an application form. A couple of weeks later I was called in for a 20/30 minute interview with the manager and the interviewer.

Interview Questions

• What shop on the high street delivers the best customer service?   Answer Question

Branch Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Monsoon in April 2013.

Interview

Applied online, heard back within 1 week, had telephone interview, called in for one to one interview.
    Did a floor walk and had to present findings after an hour on the shopfloor.

Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Glasgow, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Monsoon (Glasgow, Scotland (UK)) in February 2012.

Interview

Interview - very stressful and tense just normal questions are asked but the interviewee makes you feel very uncomfortable.

Hiring - hired me within 4 days.

Interview Questions

• A time where you have had an angry customer and how did you react?   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Monsoon in February 2008.

Interview

I went into the store and asked if there were any positions available, the Store Manager asked me to come in 2 days later for a short, informal interview. Was asked questions like 'would would you build a rapor with customers?' and 'if we didn't have an item that a customer would want what would you do?' got a call a few days later to offer me the job.