Monster Worldwide Customer Service Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Monster Worldwide Customer Service Representative Interview Questions

Updated Dec 8, 2016

2.8

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Monster Worldwide.

Interview

After submitting my application on the firm's site, I received an email asking me to complete a digital interview via RIVS, consisting of two parts, one written and one audio. The first part was quite simple with questions such as responding to a hypothetical email from a customer. The second part though was quite uncomfortable as I had to ask questions given on my screen while looking at myself on video.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Monster Worldwide

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brno (Czech Republic)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Monster Worldwide (Brno (Czech Republic)) in August 2016.

Interview

I applied for the position directly through Monster Worldwide's own website. Shortly after, I recieved an email stating that my application was seen as favourable and that I was to complete a "digital interview" that they provided me a link to. This was not difficult, the inerview consisted of a few written response questions and a few video response questions. There were five video response questions given in text that I had to answer via webcam recording.

A little over a week later, I recieved an email from a person in Monster's London office asking when I would be available for a telephone interview. The telephone interview was conducted shortly after by a recruiter from the company's Prague office. A few days after, I had an in person interview in the Brno office, where the position I was applying for was located.

The entire interview process took the bulk of a month.

Interview Questions

• There was nothing particularly exceptional or memorable about any of the interview questions.

I expected to be put in a hypothetical customer service scenario, but that didn't happen.

There was one question in the digital interview's written response segment that asked me to give instructions via email for making a sandwich to someone who had never made one before. I think that question was simply to test my abilities for giving clear instructions.
      Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brno (Czech Republic)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Monster Worldwide (Brno (Czech Republic)) in February 2013.

Interview

3-stage interview with mock scenario. As I relocated for this job, all interviews where conducted over the phone (recruiter, team lead, region manager). If candidate is local, only first stage is over the phone. The mock scenario serves to see, if person is able to put themselves in the customer's position and able to explain the problem resolution in a simple, clear and effective way.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Monster / as a CSR?
      Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
      Specific scenarios
      Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brno (Czech Republic)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Monster Worldwide (Brno (Czech Republic)) in August 2011.

Interview

well, the interview process was long, something I wasn´t used to in our region (Slovak, Czech Republic).
    First, after I sent my CV, the HR called me if I am still interested and if I want to go through the whole process. And we agreed on a call where she will speak to me in english, because english is a "communication langugage" as there are nations from all over the world (ok, maybe not the WHOLE world, but still :-D).

When this call was finished, she told me right away I did great and that the second step is going to be a second call from a language teacher in german (I was supposed to work in the german team). We agreed on a date and time - one or two days later.

After this call I had another one on the next day with this HR, that I did well and that I will have another one telephone interview - with a native speaker from Austria, who works for Monster.

After that call the HR called me again the next day, told me I did great (so she said) and that the next step (are you starting to have enough? I had too by the way :-D) is going to be a online german grammar test from a language school - in german.

I got the link into my mailbox, had 60 minutes to make the test, made it in about 25 and on the next day the HR called again.

She said I did great at all steps of the hiring process and if I am willing to come to Brno, Czech Republic to have a personal interview. Of course I was.

Few days later I went to monster. I met my future manager and had an interview with - which I didn´t know then of course - my future colleague and a teamleader. A "normal" hiring interview.

I went home and after I don´t really know how many days (it could be the next one, I am really not sure anymore) I had a phone call from the HR person again that they would really like to hire me. And if I am still willing to work for monster, I will be in training for the first month etc.

And that´s it. It´s not always fun, it´s not always easy, but honestly what is? :-)

Interview Questions

• well, I don´t remember any too difficult or unexpected question, for me the whole process was totally unexpected :-)
      a little "funny" for me was as the two future colleagues during the personal interview wanted me to make a "test call" - to play that I am the CSR and they are the client. They gave me a peace of paper with the client´s "issue". Well, after I found out that I have been given whole 10 minutes to think about how to explain to somebody the questions "I created a Word document, how can I save it, how can I name it, how will I find it after saving and closing" I wondered what am I gonna do for 9,5 minutes :-)))
      1 Answer

Negotiation

well, if you know what you can offer, show it. Sometimes people see it from the first moment, sometimes not. And always - not only in monster - the quality of your CV is your first way to get the HR to call you :-)