Monster Worldwide Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.7

38 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Associate Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Weston, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Monster Worldwide (Weston, MA) in August 2017.

Interview

I applied online, then was contacted by a recruiter a few days later. Phone screen with the recruiter focused on my background and how it related to the job opening. Oddly, I had no opportunity to ask any questions.

A phone screen with the hiring manager was then set up for a few days later. This interview was more like a conversation - the manager went over the company and the role and asked a few questions, and I was able to ask some questions as well.

I thought the interview went well, but apparently I was wrong since I didn't move forward in the process. I had to contact the recruiter a few weeks after the interview with the hiring manager to learn that I was rejected.

Interview Questions

• Primarily questions around your background and how it's relevant to the position/product management. No case studies, hypotheticals, or questions of that nature.   Answer Question

Software QA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Weston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Monster Worldwide (Weston, MA) in May 2017.

Interview

There was 2 phone interviews initially. After that I was called for an onsite interview. The interview went well. The next day, HR called me and said that I was selected for that position. As an graduating student, I was very excited that I got an offer in one of the best companies. My background verification also was in process. But later, after a week when I asked them to send me the offer letter, the HR called me said in plain voice that they can not offer me this position as they did not have the budget. I was initially shocked for a moment to hear this as there was no reason I could be rejected after HR called me and told that I was selected. I only wanted to let them know that if they did not have the budget, they should have decided that earlier before opening that position or at least before informing me that I was selected. After all the happiness that was there for a week, they just took it away in 1 minute. I also rejected an offer which I had since they clearly told me that I was selected and they will send me an offer letter. But finally I was emotionally hurt and that left me dejected. I know it happens sometimes but not never seen a company of such stature to decline an offer after informing me that I was selected and when my background verification was in progress.

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Maynard, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Monster Worldwide (Maynard, MA) in August 2016.

Interview

I was contacted via email completely out of the blue -- I hadn't applied for their listing, nor even was aware of the opening. Their HR employee found me on LinkedIn and sent me InMail saying they thought I was a good match for the opening. After a lengthy phone call interview with the HR employee, a call was arranged with the hiring manager. The disappointing part came primarily from the fact that the HR person then emailed me to say the call was for a different position that I was not qualified for leaving me with the impression that he did not understand my role at all.

Interview Questions

• How long have you been in Sales?   1 Answer

Associate Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Weston, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Monster Worldwide (Weston, MA) in May 2016.

Interview

Overall easy/average but lonnnggg and tiring process (took around 2 months).

1) Started with Technical Recruiters standard email
    2) Phone screening with HR
    3) On-site interview with 'Five' managers (1:1)
    4) Was called again for final set of interviews with 3 other senior/director level managers (1:1)
    5) Took another week and half to inform me that they are not moving forward with me.

Pros: Good and relaxed atmosphere! Met some really kind and knowledgeable/smart people. I was told I will be a good fit for this position during the interview (Obviously, do NOT believe unless you get the offer in hand) - they are just nice people trying not to hurt you!

Cons: Recruiter DO NOT follow-up quickly (that was the most frustrating part). You'll have wait for a decade to get the reply from them.

When I reached for the last two rounds of interview on-site -- Most of the interviewers were not available and were swapped by other managers. I had NO clue who I am going to meet next!! That reflected poor management/HR culture at the company.

Interview Questions

• 1) Mostly about my current role, experience and resume!
      2) Behavioural - Why are manholes round etc.
      3) Easy case questions - E.g. design any feature   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Weston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Monster Worldwide (Weston, MA) in April 2016.

Interview

I first submitted an application online and then was told to complete a video interview. After the video interview I was called to come in and do an in person interview. It was with four managers at separate times and the main theme was that they had very very few questions for me so come in with a lot of questions for them. My final manager did not ask me a single question and did not have my resume. She said "I'm sure the others answered most of your questions and since this is the second round of interviews I'm sure you'll be fine. I interviewed on a Friday and was told they would get back to me mid to later the week after. I sent thank you emails to them on Monday to which none responded. Then on Friday I asked where they were in the decision process to which they did not respond. Finally on Friday I was emailed that I did not get an offer in a standard email. It was a very frustrating and extremely unprofessional process.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Monster Worldwide in April 2016.

Interview

There is one Hr round in 20 minutes to describe the hiring process and after that, there are 2 back to back phone screen technical interviews. It was an intern interview so if you can pass the two round phone interviews you could get an offer

Customer Service Representative, Implementation Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Weston, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Monster Worldwide (Weston, MA) in December 2015.

Interview

I applied online and heard from one of their local recruiters. I received an interview right away. I interviewed with two people in separate meetings. Both meetings went really well. The next day, the recruiter sent me an email saying that they are still making a decision but that I am being considered and I would hear more the following week.

The following week came and went with no communication from Monster. I contacted the recruiter but received no response.

I feel that their decision to not follow up with me was both unprofessional and rude. I did everything right. I dressed professionally. I thanked the recruiter and the interviewers, both during the interviews and the following day via email. I followed up with the recruiter to find out their decision and they could not even take ten seconds of their day to send me a quick email back letting me know either way what their decision was.

Based on their lack of professionalism, I am convinced Monster is not a company I would prefer to work for any longer.

PPC Campaign Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Monster Worldwide (Indianapolis, IN) in July 2015.

Interview

First there was a 30-minute phone interview, followed by an in-person interview that lasted almost two hours. Both interviews were conducted by very nice people and were encouraging experiences. The first part of the 1:1 in-person interview was conducted by the team leader, who was the hiring manager. The second part of the in-person interview was with a senior member of the team who was primarily interested in answering any questions I might have rather than asking questions of me.

Interview Questions

• I have been self-employed for a decade and a half, so they naturally wanted to know why I was looking for a job.   1 Answer

PPC Campaign Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

Interview

First there was a 30-minute phone interview with a very nice HR person from the home office in Massachusetts. Then there was a 90+ minute interview with a very nice team leader in Indianapolis, where the position was located. That led directly to another 15 minute conversation with a senior team member who was mostly interested in answering any questions I might have about the company or the job, as opposed to asking me questions.

Interview Questions

• They wabnted to know why I wanted to join their team rather than remain self-employed.   1 Answer

Small Business Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Florence, SC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Monster Worldwide (Florence, SC) in June 2015.

Interview

The interview went well. The person I interviewed with was very friendly. Very focused past sales experience. We went over my resume to see how my past sales experience relates to business to business sales.