Monster Worldwide Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 17, 2017

2.7

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Maynard, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Monster Worldwide (Maynard, MA) in August 2016.

Interview

I was contacted via email completely out of the blue -- I hadn't applied for their listing, nor even was aware of the opening. Their HR employee found me on LinkedIn and sent me InMail saying they thought I was a good match for the opening. After a lengthy phone call interview with the HR employee, a call was arranged with the hiring manager. The disappointing part came primarily from the fact that the HR person then emailed me to say the call was for a different position that I was not qualified for leaving me with the impression that he did not understand my role at all.

Interview Questions

• How long have you been in Sales?   1 Answer

Associate Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Weston, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Monster Worldwide (Weston, MA) in May 2016.

Interview

Overall easy/average but lonnnggg and tiring process (took around 2 months).

1) Started with Technical Recruiters standard email
    2) Phone screening with HR
    3) On-site interview with 'Five' managers (1:1)
    4) Was called again for final set of interviews with 3 other senior/director level managers (1:1)
    5) Took another week and half to inform me that they are not moving forward with me.

Pros: Good and relaxed atmosphere! Met some really kind and knowledgeable/smart people. I was told I will be a good fit for this position during the interview (Obviously, do NOT believe unless you get the offer in hand) - they are just nice people trying not to hurt you!

Cons: Recruiter DO NOT follow-up quickly (that was the most frustrating part). You'll have wait for a decade to get the reply from them.

When I reached for the last two rounds of interview on-site -- Most of the interviewers were not available and were swapped by other managers. I had NO clue who I am going to meet next!! That reflected poor management/HR culture at the company.

Interview Questions

• 1) Mostly about my current role, experience and resume!
      2) Behavioural - Why are manholes round etc.
      3) Easy case questions - E.g. design any feature
      Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Weston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Monster Worldwide (Weston, MA) in April 2016.

Interview

I first submitted an application online and then was told to complete a video interview. After the video interview I was called to come in and do an in person interview. It was with four managers at separate times and the main theme was that they had very very few questions for me so come in with a lot of questions for them. My final manager did not ask me a single question and did not have my resume. She said "I'm sure the others answered most of your questions and since this is the second round of interviews I'm sure you'll be fine. I interviewed on a Friday and was told they would get back to me mid to later the week after. I sent thank you emails to them on Monday to which none responded. Then on Friday I asked where they were in the decision process to which they did not respond. Finally on Friday I was emailed that I did not get an offer in a standard email. It was a very frustrating and extremely unprofessional process.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Monster Worldwide in April 2016.

Interview

There is one Hr round in 20 minutes to describe the hiring process and after that, there are 2 back to back phone screen technical interviews. It was an intern interview so if you can pass the two round phone interviews you could get an offer

Customer Service Representative, Implementation Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Weston, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Monster Worldwide (Weston, MA) in December 2015.

Interview

I applied online and heard from one of their local recruiters. I received an interview right away. I interviewed with two people in separate meetings. Both meetings went really well. The next day, the recruiter sent me an email saying that they are still making a decision but that I am being considered and I would hear more the following week.

The following week came and went with no communication from Monster. I contacted the recruiter but received no response.

I feel that their decision to not follow up with me was both unprofessional and rude. I did everything right. I dressed professionally. I thanked the recruiter and the interviewers, both during the interviews and the following day via email. I followed up with the recruiter to find out their decision and they could not even take ten seconds of their day to send me a quick email back letting me know either way what their decision was.

Based on their lack of professionalism, I am convinced Monster is not a company I would prefer to work for any longer.

PPC Campaign Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Monster Worldwide (Indianapolis, IN) in July 2015.

Interview

First there was a 30-minute phone interview, followed by an in-person interview that lasted almost two hours. Both interviews were conducted by very nice people and were encouraging experiences. The first part of the 1:1 in-person interview was conducted by the team leader, who was the hiring manager. The second part of the in-person interview was with a senior member of the team who was primarily interested in answering any questions I might have rather than asking questions of me.

Interview Questions

• I have been self-employed for a decade and a half, so they naturally wanted to know why I was looking for a job.   1 Answer

PPC Campaign Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

Interview

First there was a 30-minute phone interview with a very nice HR person from the home office in Massachusetts. Then there was a 90+ minute interview with a very nice team leader in Indianapolis, where the position was located. That led directly to another 15 minute conversation with a senior team member who was mostly interested in answering any questions I might have about the company or the job, as opposed to asking me questions.

Interview Questions

• They wabnted to know why I wanted to join their team rather than remain self-employed.   1 Answer

Small Business Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Florence, SC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Monster Worldwide (Florence, SC) in June 2015.

Interview

The interview went well. The person I interviewed with was very friendly. Very focused past sales experience. We went over my resume to see how my past sales experience relates to business to business sales.

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Monster Worldwide (Tempe, AZ) in April 2015.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter via email. We set up a time to talk a few days later. We spoke for about 30 minutes - she asked me questions about my current job, previous jobs and salary expectations. She told me I was a great fit and would give my information to the hiring manager to set up an interview. It then took 2 weeks to hear back and this is what I was told "Although your background and qualifications are impressive, at this time we have identified other individuals whose experience is more closely suited to our needs."

I am really disappointed because I thought I would be a perfect fit. They job is extremely similar to what I do now but pays a lot more.

Interview Questions

• Why I wanted to leave my current job.   1 Answer

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Weston, MO

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Monster Worldwide (Weston, MO).

Interview

Interview Process:

1) A Sourcing Specialist conducted a brief phone interview with me, which was pleasant and informative.
    2) I was invited in for four, 30 minute interviews. These consisted of two interviews with recruiting managers, an interview with a member of the HR team and another with a senior leader on the HR team. All of the folks that I met with were skilled interviewers, very pleasant to speak with, and clearly passionate about supporting their companies key business managers.
    3) I was invited in for a final round of interviews, to meet with two senior leaders on the technology team and the recruiting manager for the product and technology team (i.e. "hiring manager"). When I arrived for these interviews, I was notified that the hiring manager wasn't there, so I sat down with 3 of the recruiting team members in his stead. The technology folks that I met with were fantastic!

Comments on the Experience: Monster has done a lot of work to turn their brand around in recent years, and it was energizing to see that they are working really hard to build out their offerings.

As a recruiting professional, it was very disappointing that the hiring manager did not respond with a quick note to acknowledge my follow up "thank you" emails, nor to acknowledge that he missed our final interview. I completely understand the demands of managing a recruitment function and juggling multiple priorities, but if, as a recruiting manager, you can't get the "candidate experience" piece right, something is wrong.

Four days after my final interview I was finally notified by the staffing agency that they selected another candidate. The hours that I spent interviewing with Monster were very positive experiences, but the lack of direct communication from the individual that I would have reported to ended up souring the entire experience for me.

Interview Questions

• Our corporate recruiting team cannot directly utilize our competitors (Careerbuilder, Linkedin, etc.) services for job posting or sourcing. How would you find candidates?   Answer Question