Monster Worldwide Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 31, 2017

2.8

Software QA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Weston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Monster Worldwide (Weston, MA) in May 2017.

Interview

There was 2 phone interviews initially. After that I was called for an onsite interview. The interview went well. The next day, HR called me and said that I was selected for that position. As an graduating student, I was very excited that I got an offer in one of the best companies. My background verification also was in process. But later, after a week when I asked them to send me the offer letter, the HR called me said in plain voice that they can not offer me this position as they did not have the budget. I was initially shocked for a moment to hear this as there was no reason I could be rejected after HR called me and told that I was selected. I only wanted to let them know that if they did not have the budget, they should have decided that earlier before opening that position or at least before informing me that I was selected. After all the happiness that was there for a week, they just took it away in 1 minute. I also rejected an offer which I had since they clearly told me that I was selected and they will send me an offer letter. But finally I was emotionally hurt and that left me dejected. I know it happens sometimes but not never seen a company of such stature to decline an offer after informing me that I was selected and when my background verification was in progress.

Product Management Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Monster Worldwide.

Interview

Had a call with a Talent Acquisition Specialist, it went well. Was asked my availability for the next week to come in. Came in and had an in person interview with the person I would be working under. Learned about the role, and was asked questions about my past in projects.

The real test of the interview was to see where I took the interview, and the quality of the questions I asked. Those questions were what ended up being most helpful.

After the interview, I asked to speak with the Talent Acquisition specialist from before. When the hiring manager went to find her, the HM told the TA to offer me the position.

On Thursday I did the phone interview, and by the next Wednesday, I got the position.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Monster Worldwide.

Interview

I was referred by an employee, interview lasted for about 2 months; phone interview with recruiter; then phone interview with hiring manager; in person interview with hiring manager, then in person with VP

Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Monster Worldwide.

Interview

The hiring process was long and drawn out. I had 3 two hour interviews. But everyone was very nice and very welcoming. It was what really sold me on finding a home at Monster

Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Monster Worldwide (Tempe, AZ).

Interview

Not your normal interview process. They focus a lot more on the drive of the candidate than actual previous skill sets. Lot of questions regarding personal life and interests besides work. They're not looking for drones that look good on paper. Substance and character is what they were looking for.

Interview Questions

• What was your GPA? Any academic accomplishments? What kind of hobbies do you have?   Answer Question

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Maynard, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Monster Worldwide (Maynard, MA) in August 2016.

Interview

I was contacted via email completely out of the blue -- I hadn't applied for their listing, nor even was aware of the opening. Their HR employee found me on LinkedIn and sent me InMail saying they thought I was a good match for the opening. After a lengthy phone call interview with the HR employee, a call was arranged with the hiring manager. The disappointing part came primarily from the fact that the HR person then emailed me to say the call was for a different position that I was not qualified for leaving me with the impression that he did not understand my role at all.

Interview Questions

• How long have you been in Sales?   1 Answer

Associate Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Weston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Monster Worldwide (Weston, MA) in July 2016.

Interview

Over the phone screening with standard work and education history questions. Was fortunate enough to be called in for a formal, in-person interview. I was interviewed by the 2 Directors of Product Management, a Software Developer, Product Manager, and an HR Representative. Questions ranged from personal habits, to values, to design process and execution of a product plan. Covered vision, design, execution, and optimization. All of the interviewers were very open to answering my questions. I was notified 5 business days later that I was going to receive a formal offer via my email within the week. I accepted.

Interview Questions

• Design an email client that will disrupt the current space. Include all of its features. What is your go-to-market strategy?   Answer Question

Associate Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Weston, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Monster Worldwide (Weston, MA) in May 2016.

Interview

Overall easy/average but lonnnggg and tiring process (took around 2 months).

1) Started with Technical Recruiters standard email
    2) Phone screening with HR
    3) On-site interview with 'Five' managers (1:1)
    4) Was called again for final set of interviews with 3 other senior/director level managers (1:1)
    5) Took another week and half to inform me that they are not moving forward with me.

Pros: Good and relaxed atmosphere! Met some really kind and knowledgeable/smart people. I was told I will be a good fit for this position during the interview (Obviously, do NOT believe unless you get the offer in hand) - they are just nice people trying not to hurt you!

Cons: Recruiter DO NOT follow-up quickly (that was the most frustrating part). You'll have wait for a decade to get the reply from them.

When I reached for the last two rounds of interview on-site -- Most of the interviewers were not available and were swapped by other managers. I had NO clue who I am going to meet next!! That reflected poor management/HR culture at the company.

Interview Questions

• 1) Mostly about my current role, experience and resume!
      2) Behavioural - Why are manholes round etc.
      3) Easy case questions - E.g. design any feature
      Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Weston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Monster Worldwide (Weston, MA) in April 2016.

Interview

I first submitted an application online and then was told to complete a video interview. After the video interview I was called to come in and do an in person interview. It was with four managers at separate times and the main theme was that they had very very few questions for me so come in with a lot of questions for them. My final manager did not ask me a single question and did not have my resume. She said "I'm sure the others answered most of your questions and since this is the second round of interviews I'm sure you'll be fine. I interviewed on a Friday and was told they would get back to me mid to later the week after. I sent thank you emails to them on Monday to which none responded. Then on Friday I asked where they were in the decision process to which they did not respond. Finally on Friday I was emailed that I did not get an offer in a standard email. It was a very frustrating and extremely unprofessional process.

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Weston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Monster Worldwide (Weston, MA) in April 2016.

Interview

The whole hiring process took about three weeks total. Was asked to conduct a video interview first, which was comprised of relatively easy questions, and then in-person interview. Staff that I interviewed with were all very nice and respectful, they just bring you into the office to get to know you better as a person.

Interview Questions

• Discuss a time when you were asked to use your analytical skills.   Answer Question