Monster Worldwide Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 1, 2017

2.8

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Monster Worldwide (Indianapolis, IN) in July 2016.

Interview

Multiple onsite interviews over the course of 60 days. Monster operates in a very unique culture so making sure you're a team player is very important to them. You are typically interviewed by multiple people from the team you will be working on to ensure personalities align.

Interview Questions

• What are your biggest fears?   1 Answer

Associate Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Weston, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Monster Worldwide (Weston, MA) in May 2016.

Interview

Overall easy/average but lonnnggg and tiring process (took around 2 months).

1) Started with Technical Recruiters standard email
    2) Phone screening with HR
    3) On-site interview with 'Five' managers (1:1)
    4) Was called again for final set of interviews with 3 other senior/director level managers (1:1)
    5) Took another week and half to inform me that they are not moving forward with me.

Pros: Good and relaxed atmosphere! Met some really kind and knowledgeable/smart people. I was told I will be a good fit for this position during the interview (Obviously, do NOT believe unless you get the offer in hand) - they are just nice people trying not to hurt you!

Cons: Recruiter DO NOT follow-up quickly (that was the most frustrating part). You'll have wait for a decade to get the reply from them.

When I reached for the last two rounds of interview on-site -- Most of the interviewers were not available and were swapped by other managers. I had NO clue who I am going to meet next!! That reflected poor management/HR culture at the company.

Interview Questions

• 1) Mostly about my current role, experience and resume!
      2) Behavioural - Why are manholes round etc.
      3) Easy case questions - E.g. design any feature   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Weston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Monster Worldwide (Weston, MA) in April 2016.

Interview

I first submitted an application online and then was told to complete a video interview. After the video interview I was called to come in and do an in person interview. It was with four managers at separate times and the main theme was that they had very very few questions for me so come in with a lot of questions for them. My final manager did not ask me a single question and did not have my resume. She said "I'm sure the others answered most of your questions and since this is the second round of interviews I'm sure you'll be fine. I interviewed on a Friday and was told they would get back to me mid to later the week after. I sent thank you emails to them on Monday to which none responded. Then on Friday I asked where they were in the decision process to which they did not respond. Finally on Friday I was emailed that I did not get an offer in a standard email. It was a very frustrating and extremely unprofessional process.

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Weston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Monster Worldwide (Weston, MA) in April 2016.

Interview

The whole hiring process took about three weeks total. Was asked to conduct a video interview first, which was comprised of relatively easy questions, and then in-person interview. Staff that I interviewed with were all very nice and respectful, they just bring you into the office to get to know you better as a person.

Interview Questions

• Discuss a time when you were asked to use your analytical skills.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Monster Worldwide in April 2016.

Interview

There is one Hr round in 20 minutes to describe the hiring process and after that, there are 2 back to back phone screen technical interviews. It was an intern interview so if you can pass the two round phone interviews you could get an offer

Fraud and Compliance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Weston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Monster Worldwide (Weston, MA) in March 2016.

Interview

Loved the place and the interview process was really smooth! Did a phone screening and was invited back within the next two weeks to meet with 4 employees in the Fraud and Compliance and did about a 2 hour interview rotating between the four. They also took the time out to show me what they do because they wanted to make sure that I understood the job since it is unique.Just a heads up that if you get the offer they do a very intense background check following up with all of your employers!

National Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Monster Worldwide (Boston, MA).

Interview

Two calls with recruiters, phone screen with hiring manager, then met Regional Sales Manager while she was in town for work. Then flew to Boston to met with Senior leadership. Entire process to 3-4 weeks. the recruiter that I worked with was actually the best part of the entire process; she was awesome.

Interview Questions

• how do you manage a completely new territory?
      how do you prioritize your day?   Answer Question

Telesales Account Manager II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Monster Worldwide (Tempe, AZ).

Interview

Interviewed face to face with 3 sales manager in one day. Approximately 1 hour total interview.
    Panel style interview. They definitely made you feel like they had something better to do.

Interview Questions

• How to get around gate keepers, How do you reach out to c-level and provide valuable messaging,
      Tell me about a time you lost a deal, what did you learn ? Tell me how you overcome objections.   Answer Question

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Monster Worldwide.

Interview

The interview process is fair, precise and enjoyable. There were no surprises and I was communicated next steps through the process. I learned a lot about Monster and what would be expected of me along with the culture and opportunity for advancement.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about at time where you where challenged and how you over came that challenge.   Answer Question

Campaign Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Weston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Monster Worldwide (Weston, MA) in January 2016.

Interview

Their internal HR/Recruitment team found my resume and called me without having to actually apply. I had one phone interview with an HR rep, then a phone interview with the department head. Once completed, after one day they asked me to come in for an in person interview to meet with three different people (direct report, department head, and coworker). After roughly 24 hours, they asked me to come back for a final interview (same 3 people plus 4 more). The next morning I got a call for an offer.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They offered me more than what I had actually asked for.