Monster Worldwide Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Monster Worldwide Interview Questions

Updated May 31, 2017

2.8

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Monster Worldwide.

Interview

Pretty simple, was referred in, phone interview with recruiter, 1:1 interview with manager. Everything went very quickly after that, background check, application online, negotiation and that was that. Overall it was pleasant experience and not daunting whatsoever. If you know what you are doing you can easily make a good impression. Just be aware that when you start and are in the field your on your own and the learning curve is a bit longer than other companies they compete with.

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Weston, MO

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Monster Worldwide (Weston, MO).

Interview

Interview Process:

1) A Sourcing Specialist conducted a brief phone interview with me, which was pleasant and informative.
    2) I was invited in for four, 30 minute interviews. These consisted of two interviews with recruiting managers, an interview with a member of the HR team and another with a senior leader on the HR team. All of the folks that I met with were skilled interviewers, very pleasant to speak with, and clearly passionate about supporting their companies key business managers.
    3) I was invited in for a final round of interviews, to meet with two senior leaders on the technology team and the recruiting manager for the product and technology team (i.e. "hiring manager"). When I arrived for these interviews, I was notified that the hiring manager wasn't there, so I sat down with 3 of the recruiting team members in his stead. The technology folks that I met with were fantastic!

Comments on the Experience: Monster has done a lot of work to turn their brand around in recent years, and it was energizing to see that they are working really hard to build out their offerings.

As a recruiting professional, it was very disappointing that the hiring manager did not respond with a quick note to acknowledge my follow up "thank you" emails, nor to acknowledge that he missed our final interview. I completely understand the demands of managing a recruitment function and juggling multiple priorities, but if, as a recruiting manager, you can't get the "candidate experience" piece right, something is wrong.

Four days after my final interview I was finally notified by the staffing agency that they selected another candidate. The hours that I spent interviewing with Monster were very positive experiences, but the lack of direct communication from the individual that I would have reported to ended up souring the entire experience for me.

Interview Questions

• Our corporate recruiting team cannot directly utilize our competitors (Careerbuilder, Linkedin, etc.) services for job posting or sourcing. How would you find candidates?   Answer Question

Inside Sales Position Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Monster Worldwide (Tempe, AZ) in September 2014.

Interview

I received a few emails requesting a phone interview. I spoke with a recruiter for about 45 minutes. Beyond that he said he needed to share our conversation and my answers with the hiring managers for the next step and would be in touch with me either way within 1-2 days. That was over 2 weeks ago now and I still haven't heard anything from him after 3 follow up attempts on my end. As a professional, I expect to be treated as such and shown the respect of an answer either way. Leaving a potential candidate hanging shows a real lack of appreciation for their time. I personally sent him a follow up thank you email the same day as our interview and subsequent phone follow up 1 week later.... still, no response.

Interview Questions

• Nothing difficult, typical interview questions for the position.   Answer Question

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Weston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Monster Worldwide (Weston, MA) in September 2014.

Interview

I was found by a recruiter who phoned me about my interest. I then had a proper phone screen with HR. Next I had a phone interview with the hiring manager, and was called in to meet with several team members in person. I also did a video interview with the SVP of the department before being hired.

Mid Market Telesales Retention II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Monster Worldwide (Indianapolis, IN) in September 2014.

Interview

3 interviews.
    First is a phone interview of about 30 minutes. They essentially want to know you can handle yourself well in a conversation. It is real casual and the conversation is easy to flow.
    Second is a panel style interview with about 3-5 Managers. Basically they all ask questions about your resume, but truthfully they are so busy that most of the time, the interview doesn't last very long.
    Lastly, if you make it this far, you will be given a Case Study of a company to review and put together a sales presentation with which you will present to a panel of 2-4 people. They will give you the guidelines ahead of time and what to expect.

Interview Questions

• What will be the hardest part for you if you get this job?   Answer Question

Salesforce Developer Interview

Interview

Well, I had three interviews. The first was a HR interview where I explained my status and what was I interested in working as. The second was a general interview where they interviewed me on my projects and past experiences. They tend to ask alot abt data migration/ VEEVA CRM. Finally I had the big one where I was told abt the project. I was given situations and was expected to deliver on the spot and come up with triggers / classes. Finally they asked my for my 401 certification which I did't have so there we go.....

Interview Questions

• What are governor limits??   1 Answer

PR Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brisbane, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Monster Worldwide (Brisbane, CA).

Interview

Standard process -- the HR manager personally found me on LinkedIn and interviewed me in advance by phone before setting up a personal meeting in the office. The company has a cool atmosphere like an eighties living room with big screen and sound system, leather couches and a store in the lobby that is like a retail display of their product line. It felt more like interviewing to be in retail rather than high tech.

Interview Questions

• I was mostly surprised by how hip the company was -- I was dressed too formally for this interview!   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Monster Worldwide.

Interview

The interview process was very typical of any sales interview. It was not a high-pressure situation, very comfortable. There was no preparation necessary outside of coming in with an updated resume.

Interview Questions

• There weren't any tough questions during the interview process. It was more of an informal meeting to gauge personality type.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiating.

Telesales Account Manager II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 7+ months. I interviewed at Monster Worldwide (Indianapolis, IN) in June 2014.

Interview

Originally sent in as a company referral, but they took over 3 months to reach out to me after my former coworker sent my resume to their HR department. (Even though they were advertising excessively all over numerous job boards.)

Overall, the process is tedious and seems unnecessarily slow. I had a phone interview with a recruiter (that was rescheduled several times) and then was finally brought on site for an in-person interview. Prior to the interview, I given a specific set of people that would be interviewing me (upper level management and the Director of Sales). However, once I arrived, the receptionist seemed confused on who I was meeting with and acted like there weren't any interviews scheduled for that day. After waiting for well over an hour, I finally met with three different people than I was originally supposed to speak with. In this interview, they told me completely different things than the corporate recruiter did-- like only having one position open when I was told they had 14 open. After some fairly consistent questions, they set the expectation that they would be contacting people the following week.

But, after about two weeks--still had not been contacted. So I contacted the people who I had met with and got sent on a wild goose chase. Apparently no one has any idea who actually makes the decisions at this company, because everyone told me that the review from my interview was sent to a different person for evaluation. In the meantime, I was contacted by five other recruiters from the company that wanted to bring me in for an introduction interview. Apparently they have problems with their ATS (even though they own and sell the product) and cannot tell when they have already reached out to people.

In all -- no one ever followed up with me or gave me an answer. The company seems to be poorly organized from the bottom up and their recruiting division is clueless. I get contacted on a consistent basis about coming back in and starting the process over (because for whatever reason they are unable to tell I have already been in). Don't waste your time interviewing for this company.

Interview Questions

• Questions were basic, standard interview questions for a sales job. Mainly asked to talk about my comparative sales experience since I worked for a competitor for several years.   Answer Question

Telesales Account Manager II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Weston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Monster Worldwide (Weston, MA) in April 2014.

Interview

I came in through a recruiter. I had applied for a management position and she suggested I apply for the Telesales Account Manager II position. Once she got me in, the process was very fast and organized, which really made me want to come work for Monster.

One phone interview with an internal recruiter, one in person interview with two Regional Sales Managers, and then a third interview on the same visit with the Director of Sales. Rather than a typical interview, these were more friendly chats where we talked about the wild world of recruitment advertising. I got a writing assignment to complete at home, turned it in, and received an offer very quickly.

My interest in the position was really sealed by the friendly and organized interview process.

Interview Questions

• The questions were easy. Like tell me a time when you had a customer do this or that.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I read in other reviews I would not be able to negotiate, so I committed a traditional faux pas and brought it up in my first (and only) interview with the Sales Director. I don't think it hurt and the offer seemed reasonable.