Monster Worldwide Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 9, 2018

2.8

SMB Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Florence, SC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Monster Worldwide (Florence, SC) in July 2015.

Interview

I was interviewed by a small board. The process has since changed. I would prefer to not be misleading. The managers involved were thorough as one of them would eventually be my manager. The director at the time interviewed me, and he is no longer with the company in that capacity.

Small Business Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Florence, SC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Monster Worldwide (Florence, SC) in June 2015.

Interview

The interview went well. The person I interviewed with was very friendly. Very focused past sales experience. We went over my resume to see how my past sales experience relates to business to business sales.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Weston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Monster Worldwide (Weston, MA) in April 2015.

Interview

Applied through college career fair. First received a call from the recruiter(on call interview). Then had to come and meet the related managers. They were all very friendly. Was given some swag and food. About two rounds of interviews. The managers were very friendly and informative. A tip would be to listen carefully and then ask meaningful questions from the managers.

Interview Questions

• Asked about my resume and background in computer science.   1 Answer

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Employee in Weston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Monster Worldwide (Weston, MA) in April 2015.

Interview

I met a recruiter at my school career fair. She reached out to me a few weeks later saying that an internship was open for a position that she believed I would enjoy. I filled out the online application and was then called in for an in-person interview. I volunteered in a "speed-dating" style with my director manager, her manager, and another manager in the group. Each of the individual 1-on-1's were about 30 minutes each. When leaving, I was told I would be notified in a few days and I heard back from my recruiter in about two days time. It was a very quick, painless process for me.

Interview Questions

• My boss' manager asked me to tell a joke at the end of my interview.   1 Answer

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Virginia Beach, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Monster Worldwide (Virginia Beach, VA) in April 2015.

Interview

Everything was smooth nice and friendly people nice environment at the interview they make you feel like you are chit chatting and having a conversation with you witch avoids awkward moments and makes you feel more confident.

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Monster Worldwide (Tempe, AZ) in April 2015.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter via email. We set up a time to talk a few days later. We spoke for about 30 minutes - she asked me questions about my current job, previous jobs and salary expectations. She told me I was a great fit and would give my information to the hiring manager to set up an interview. It then took 2 weeks to hear back and this is what I was told "Although your background and qualifications are impressive, at this time we have identified other individuals whose experience is more closely suited to our needs."

I am really disappointed because I thought I would be a perfect fit. They job is extremely similar to what I do now but pays a lot more.

Interview Questions

• Why I wanted to leave my current job.   1 Answer

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Employee in Weston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Monster Worldwide (Weston, MA) in March 2015.

Interview

It was a "speed interview." Multiple people were interviewed at the same time, while interviewing with several different Monster managers. We had a nice tour before hand as well, and given a bag of swag at the end

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Monster Worldwide.

Interview

Pretty simple, was referred in, phone interview with recruiter, 1:1 interview with manager. Everything went very quickly after that, background check, application online, negotiation and that was that. Overall it was pleasant experience and not daunting whatsoever. If you know what you are doing you can easily make a good impression. Just be aware that when you start and are in the field your on your own and the learning curve is a bit longer than other companies they compete with.

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Weston, MO

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Monster Worldwide (Weston, MO).

Interview

Interview Process:

1) A Sourcing Specialist conducted a brief phone interview with me, which was pleasant and informative.
    2) I was invited in for four, 30 minute interviews. These consisted of two interviews with recruiting managers, an interview with a member of the HR team and another with a senior leader on the HR team. All of the folks that I met with were skilled interviewers, very pleasant to speak with, and clearly passionate about supporting their companies key business managers.
    3) I was invited in for a final round of interviews, to meet with two senior leaders on the technology team and the recruiting manager for the product and technology team (i.e. "hiring manager"). When I arrived for these interviews, I was notified that the hiring manager wasn't there, so I sat down with 3 of the recruiting team members in his stead. The technology folks that I met with were fantastic!

Comments on the Experience: Monster has done a lot of work to turn their brand around in recent years, and it was energizing to see that they are working really hard to build out their offerings.

As a recruiting professional, it was very disappointing that the hiring manager did not respond with a quick note to acknowledge my follow up "thank you" emails, nor to acknowledge that he missed our final interview. I completely understand the demands of managing a recruitment function and juggling multiple priorities, but if, as a recruiting manager, you can't get the "candidate experience" piece right, something is wrong.

Four days after my final interview I was finally notified by the staffing agency that they selected another candidate. The hours that I spent interviewing with Monster were very positive experiences, but the lack of direct communication from the individual that I would have reported to ended up souring the entire experience for me.

Interview Questions

• Our corporate recruiting team cannot directly utilize our competitors (Careerbuilder, Linkedin, etc.) services for job posting or sourcing. How would you find candidates?   Answer Question

Inside Sales Position Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Monster Worldwide (Tempe, AZ) in September 2014.

Interview

I received a few emails requesting a phone interview. I spoke with a recruiter for about 45 minutes. Beyond that he said he needed to share our conversation and my answers with the hiring managers for the next step and would be in touch with me either way within 1-2 days. That was over 2 weeks ago now and I still haven't heard anything from him after 3 follow up attempts on my end. As a professional, I expect to be treated as such and shown the respect of an answer either way. Leaving a potential candidate hanging shows a real lack of appreciation for their time. I personally sent him a follow up thank you email the same day as our interview and subsequent phone follow up 1 week later.... still, no response.

Interview Questions

• Nothing difficult, typical interview questions for the position.   Answer Question