Monster Worldwide Sales Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 16, 2017

2.9

8 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Monster Worldwide (Boston, MA) in September 2015.

Interview

Long process that was managed well from the HR team. They seemed invested in the process and the results. Very positive process. I bit all over the place in that there was no planned meetings but rather who ever was open at the time.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Monster Worldwide

Sales Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Monster Worldwide.

Interview

The process is generally pretty long with multiple interviews. There will be multiple calls with different levels of management and then usually at least 1 in person interview to be completed

Sales Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Monster Worldwide in October 2013.

Interview

I was lied to throughout the process. The Recruiter and Managers talked up the company so well to mask the underlying issues with the company. I should have heeded the warning signs.

The process itself was simple. A Recruiter contacted me and talked about my past experience. I was then invited onsite for a panel interview with some leads and managers. After, I was invited again for a follow up and presentation interview. Within a couple of weeks, the Recruiter contacted me with an offer.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your past sales quotas and how you performed against them.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Monster Worldwide (Indianapolis, IN) in May 2013.

Interview

The process lasted one week. I was contacted by a recruiter and was asked to come in for a series of interviews with four regional sales managers. I was brought back to interview with the site sales director.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to describe 3 different previous sales cycles, who I originally spoke with, presentation methods, price negotiation, decision maker conversations and customer retention analysis.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiation was based off of my prior experience and needs. The pay was not extremely flexible but in the end I was able to receive a salary and commission plan that I was able to live with that was above the original offer.

Sales Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Monster Worldwide.

Interview

3 interviews, phone screen, manager, and either DM or VP

Sales Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Monster Worldwide in January 2011.

Interview

2 calls and 1 in-person interview. The recruiter was okay but didn't do such a great job communicating. Didn't prep me for interview at all. Person I interviewed with focused more on selling the company to me than finding out if I was qualified or what my career path looked like.

Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Monster Worldwide (Tempe, AZ) in May 2010.

Interview

The interview process was pretty stringent as there was an initial phone interview with a recruiter and then the Sales Manager. A group panel interview took place next with two Sales Manager and then there was a final interview with a VP of Sales and another Sales Manager.

There were many behavioral questions asked as well as role plays.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Reasonable Negotiations

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Marlborough, MA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Monster Worldwide (Marlborough, MA) in March 2009.

Interview

I interviewed for another position within the company as I was considering another offer from another company

A different offer with a smaller company allowed me to learn more about how to operate a company by working closely with the CEO