Monster Worldwide Interview Questions in United Kingdom | Glassdoor

Monster Worldwide Interview Questions in United Kingdom

3.2

6 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Customer/Sales Support Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Monster Worldwide (London, England (UK)) in January 2016.

Interview

You start with a basic phone interview discussing the job requirements and your experiences/skills to see if the 2 are (really) a match.

If ok you go to their office to meet with 2 members of the team (normal interview, normal questions).

(in between you have others calls with the recruiter for debriefing, interviews prep etc....)

If ok you go to their office for another interview with this time the management (account director, head of sales....), and here the tricky bit:

- during this interview people are coming in and out of the room... so every time someone new is coming you have to start over, when someone is leaving the room... well you stop talking because you don't really expect it! (start with 2 persons then 2 comes in and 1 goes out and comes back in).

- you start talking about skills and experience that was not even on the ad description, not mentioned at all in the first interview (with the members of the team), and on which the recruiter asserted it was not required for the position.

- one member of the management was disrespectful in his attitude.

After this pleasant experience you have to track down the recruiter to have a feedback (as they don't contact you), and when it finally happens you learn that you are not selected because you don't have the skills required for the job (the ones that were not mention on the ad description, not mentioned in the first interview with the members of the team...)... brilliant!

Conclusion:

If it was made clear from the beginning on which skills on experience are required for the role I could have save 2 weeks of my time and a rather unpleasant experience.

My advice for you is to avoid this company.
    Don't apply with them, I am sure the position you are looking for is available with one of their competitors.

This is how they treat you as a candidate, imagine how they will treat you as an employee...

Interview Questions

• Why are you leaving your current job?   1 Answer

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Monster Worldwide.

Interview

Hiring process was rather short. phone interview, several face to face interviews. referral checks. but that was 4 years ago... I don't think it's the case today

Account Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Monster Worldwide in January 2013.

Interview

Spoke to a person, the person asked question, I responded, the person then asked some more questions, that I asked some questions, then a person asked some questions, then I stood up and left

Interview Questions

• What would you ask to determine they want a free trial?   1 Answer

Business Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Monster Worldwide (London, England (UK)) in May 2012.

Interview

Two stage process. One interview with the Talent Acquisition Manager, another with the Sales Director. I know that the management team has now changed significantly in the last 3 years so it may be a completely different process. I was surprised at how easy the interview process was but then they had sought outside references prior to my first interview.

Senior Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Monster Worldwide (London, England (UK)) in April 2012.

Interview

I had an interview with two people. First with the Head of Business Operation and they with the Head of Finance. First there was a phone screening and then, more than two weeks later I was called for a personal one on one interview.

Interview Questions

• What is your relevant experience? How do you see yourself in five years from now? What added value and you add for this team?   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Glasgow, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Monster Worldwide (Glasgow, Scotland (UK)) in May 2009.

Interview

I received a telephone call to say they had seen my CV on the site, invited for an interview. Had an interview with three senior managers and offered the job later that day. Friendly people if a little intimidating to begin with.

Interview Questions

• Example of problem solving in previous jobs whereby you got to the bottom of the problem quickly.   Answer Question