Montage Hotels & Resorts Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 23, 2017

3.4

SPA Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Laguna Beach, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Montage Hotels & Resorts (Laguna Beach, CA) in June 2017.

Interview

Phone Call screening Interview, then 2 in-person interviews. One with HR associate, the other with director of Spa. The interview was about 2 hours and after reviewing my schedule, they decided to pursue other candidates.

Interview Questions

• What are some of your personal values, and how do you live them out?   Answer Question

Catering Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Beverly Hills, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Montage Hotels & Resorts (Beverly Hills, CA).

Interview

Applied online and received a first phone screening 3 days later from the hiring manager. Brief conversation, asked why I applied, what my goals were, etc. His assistant called me back that same day to schedule an in person interview with HR. I met with HR for about 30 mins, asking standard questions such as 5 words that describe me, what do I know about the company, etc. Then they had me wait for a bit as the hiring manager was going to interview me next. I met with him for another 30 minutes or so and he gave me a better understanding of what the role was. Then I met with the department head of Catering, this time it was more of a conversation rather than an interview which was nice. After that, he told me the next step would be a panel interview. Come prepared to panel as you will interview with executives and the GM (about 5 people all at once). Overall, great interview experience as they are selective with who they choose but if you haven't gone through a similar process then it may seem overwhelming! Do your homework!

CRM Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Montage Hotels & Resorts (Irvine, CA) in December 2016.

Interview

Initial interview was a phone screening with HR. The primary focus was to get a better understanding of me and my background. There HR department was very busy, and getting a hold of my HR contact was extremely difficult. Although, I believe that has more to do with how much they are asking of said HR person. As such, is not a negative reflection on her.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Montage   1 Answer

Hostess Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Montage Hotels & Resorts.

Interview

I applied online, and was then sent an invitation to complete an interview online. It is like a Skype interview but only with yourself. Start with digital interview, followed by HR and manager interview. Last step is a panel, which is basically a group interview with the executives. Although intimidating, it is not more than 10 minutes.

Food Server Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Montage Hotels & Resorts (Phoenix, AZ) in October 2016.

Interview

Interviewed at a college career fair 1-1, it then took a little over a week to set up final interview with food and beverage. The final interview was over Skype, with two people.

Interview Questions

• Can you take five different types of wine?   Answer Question
    • How many brands of bourbon can you name?   Answer Question
    • How will the classes you've taken in hospitality translate to the work environment?   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Laguna Beach, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Montage Hotels & Resorts (Laguna Beach, CA).

Interview

I filled out an online application, then HR gave me a phone screen. Once passed through I had a one on one with management following a panel with five to six senior managers. It was very thorough and straight to the point, relaxing and very informative. I didn't feel nervous and the HR member made me feel comfortable. I went in feeling prepared. Asked many questions and was prepared to answers questions in regards to the resort.

Interview Questions

• What qualities will you bring to the team   1 Answer

Guest Reception Agnet Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Montage Hotels & Resorts.

Interview

Be prepared for one of the, if not the most rigorous interview process you've ever experienced. Departmental, Managerial, and finally a Panel interview consisting of between 5-10 of the Executives. If you make it through his process and are hired, you definitely have what it takes for whatever job you're applying for. It's well worth the process, because everyone has to go through it. You can rest assured you're working with the best of the best.

Gym Trainer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Laguna Beach, CA

Application

I interviewed at Montage Hotels & Resorts (Laguna Beach, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

4 interviews within 2 days. First with HR, then with dept manager, then a director, then 6 person panel interview of executives. Be prepared to pay for parking and come back on demand.

Interview Questions

• "Define luxury..." ; "tell us about a time you overcame adversity" ; "what are 3 characteristics you could improve on"   Answer Question

Bartender Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Laguna Beach, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Montage Hotels & Resorts (Laguna Beach, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

First had a phone interview then for more interviews from HR Assistant all the way through to dining director they all went pretty good except for dining room director I could sense that she didn't like me right from the start then I have the panel interview with 5 executive I said um to much according to one of the executives then the Human Resources Executive ask me why I didn't put down my last employer I answered I only work there for a season so I thought it would come up as a red flag but my direct manager is at the top of my reference list and during my third interview with the manager I actually told her that I worked there for a season so it's not like I was hiding anything it's just like she thought I was a liar which I am NOT

Interview Questions

• Are you charismatic that was a good question another how would you describe yourself that leaves it pretty wide open especially when you have many talents another so are you a career bartender sort of a put down   1 Answer
    • What is your one year short term goal and where do you see yourself in 5 years   1 Answer

Director Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Montage Hotels & Resorts in January 2016.

Interview

Very intensive process with many interviews. They are selective and have a process that to some may seem excessive but if you are the right person, it isn't anything unexpected.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Very little room for negotiation. I took a significant cut in order to work with these amazing people.