Montana State University Interview Questions in Bozeman, MT | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 8, 2017

1.7

Grounds Crew Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bozeman, MT

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Montana State University (Bozeman, MT) in June 2016.

Interview

Supplied a resume, received a phone call within the day, approached for an interview and was offered the position immediately after being asked about how many hours I wanted to work.

Interview Questions

• How many hours are you looking to work per week?   1 Answer
    • Are you willing to work outside?   1 Answer
    • Are you willing to take out garbage?   1 Answer

Associate Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bozeman, MT

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Montana State University (Bozeman, MT) in March 2015.

Interview

The process of resume and application package submission to interview to offer was lengthy but thorough. Interview was and introductions open to faculty, staff and student body. Questions were applicable, friendly atmosphere.

Interview Questions

• What event planning experience do you have?   1 Answer

R A Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bozeman, MT

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Montana State University (Bozeman, MT) in March 2015.

Interview

There wasn't really an interview for this position, other than a casual conversation with the head of the department before he made research/teaching assistantship assignments. The conversation was fun, and I could tell immediately that I would enjoy the job.

Postdoctoral Researcher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bozeman, MT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Montana State University (Bozeman, MT) in January 2015.

Interview

The interview was quick and easy. It consisted of applying online, showing up for the interview, and then a quick follow up interview. The application was fairly straight forward wanting previous work history and education. The first interview lasted about 45 minutes and was actually fairly informal. The follow up interview was a little more personal and went more into my background.

Interview Questions

• What type of research projects have you participated in?   Answer Question

Administrative Associate II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bozeman, MT

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Montana State University (Bozeman, MT) in June 2014.

Interview

Sent application, resume, & answers to questions through online form. Got a call for an interview within 1 week. Interviewed in front of 3 people for about 20-30 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Do you believe that your education, training and experience have prepared you for this position? If so, please give us some specific examples that illustrate this.   1 Answer

Graduate Teaching Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bozeman, MT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Montana State University (Bozeman, MT) in June 2014.

Interview

I submitted a written application, with a teaching statement and a cover letter. Since all of the reviewers already knew me, and the other applicants, the interview process was solely on the written application, and I was notified that I was successful. My letter covered my qualifications for teaching this particular class, my prior teaching experience, and my experience in developing curriculum, and working one-on-one with students.

Interview Questions

• I was asked questions regarding my teaching philosophy.   1 Answer

Administrative Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bozeman, MT

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Montana State University (Bozeman, MT) in June 2013.

Interview

Cumbersome forms that require extensive answers to simple questions. Many staff positions are already filled and the reviewing process is a formality in order to comply with state hiring regulations.

Same work, different environment. No autonomy. Would be supervised by people who knew less than I did about the position.

Undergraduate Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bozeman, MT

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Montana State University (Bozeman, MT) in March 2013.

Interview

I talked to a professor through e-mail, asked him if he has any available position in his lab for an inexperienced undergrad. A month later he talked to me after the class and said he can hire me for a project

Interview Questions

• asked me if I have worked in a lab before   1 Answer

Student Employee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bozeman, MT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Montana State University (Bozeman, MT) in August 2012.

Interview

Really easy. I just went in and he explained the position. I went over my past work experience and the hours I anticipated working. And was offered the position during the interview.

Interview Questions

• They mostly just asked about my previous jobs and if I could handle the physical aspect of this job   Answer Question

Program Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bozeman, MT

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Montana State University (Bozeman, MT) in August 2012.

Interview

The interview was in person, with the search committee - four people. It lasted about an hour, and was a comfortable conversation. I had worked at MSU in a prior capacity, so I was familiar with the procedures and institutional protocols with which they were concerned. MSU tends to list extensive qualifications for very low paying jobs, which can make the interview and application process stressful.

Interview Questions

• I was asked how I would handle challenging or aggressive students, and how I would handle multiple overlapping priorities.   1 Answer