Montash Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Montash Interview Questions

Updated Jun 12, 2017

2.9

Recruitment Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Montash (London, England (UK)) in July 2016.

Interview

I thought the process was really positive. I met their internal recruiter (Rob) who was down to earth and honest who went through the basics. Then I met the manager who went into more depth about me, my past and my motivations. Finally the Managing Director who has been in the industry for years and has run the biggest IT recruitment agencies but he was normal and humble!! He detailed the vision and strategy as well as taking an interest in my sales process. I felt inspired during the meeting with him!!!

Interview Questions

• Detail your past results and performance   Answer Question
    • Describe the leadership style that gets the best out of you and why   Answer Question
    • Talk me through your day from start to finish and explain why you structure it that way   Answer Question

Montash Response

Jun 19, 2017 – Employer Response

Hi, thank you for the feedback. I am delighted that the interview process was positive. Thank you for taking the time to write a review.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Montash (London, England (UK)) in September 2015.

Interview

The interview the person below had was so similar to my experience that it makes me shudder. I felt insulted, I was so prepared but it was almost an interrogation rather than a chance to highlight my skills. So unprofessional, kept me waiting for 20 mins, made to fill a behavioural test of 80 questions. The interview room was next to a lift so everyone could see and hear you get interrogated in a glass looking room that amplified your voice so much you couldn't even hear yourself speak. The interviewer seemed more interested in getting to lunch than actually giving me a chance. Questions where too personal and nothing to do with actually recruitment or the company.

The questions I asked her where answered in 2-5 word answers! After having waited for 20+ mins interview lasted 10 mins and I was told to leave and would be contacted to see if they would invite me for the second round. On that day so I should not go home! Absolutely awful. If you going to treat someone who has invested time and money to see you then, please have the courtesy to actually want to hear them. Worst interview ever. I left thinking, what a waste of time.

Interview Questions

• What would be your Ideal job?   1 Answer

Graduate Recruitment Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Montash (London, England (UK)) in August 2015.

Interview

I arrived on time and kept me waiting for a good 15-20 minutes, with no excuse why? Then the interviewer came in, it felt more like an interrogation than an interview. She was very brash with her tactics, which is a complete contradiction of what a recruitment consultant should be, as they should have an approachable and friendly personality. She never once asked me why Montash?Also she told me to get a telesales role, which completely contradicts the point of their training academy, as what is the point of offering such an academy, if not to learn from them first hand. Furthermore, she told me that a recruiter is glorified sales role, which it isn't as it's not just selling one product over and over again or cold calling the whole time, but also sourcing candidates and clients, preparing them for interviews as well and building relationships. Completely avoid!!!

Interview Questions

• Why recruitment?   Answer Question
    • Why not try a telesales role, as recruitment is just a glorified telesales role?   1 Answer

Graduate Recruitment Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Montash (London, England (UK)) in June 2015.

Interview

First meeting with their internal recruiter, we ran through some initial questions and then had an overview of my cv. Next some computer based assessments; IQ test and personality test. Next met the CEO. Then asked to get on the phones and start calling candidates to farm leads from then using a fake company name. Then final interview with two of the team leaders which included more in depth questioning and a role play.

Interview Questions

• If I were to give you £20 pounds, how would you make this into £100?   Answer Question

I chose another company.

Interview

Avoid!

Two / three stage interview with HR, two managers, CEO and then a "work sample" also, they make you jump through hoops compared to other companies.

The interviews are long and they try to take up your schedule when they know you have other interviews.

Waste of time.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

The worst part...In the end they offered a maximum of 21k and asked me to sign straight away otherwise "the CEO wouldn't be happy" (?!) even though they knew I had a 24k offer on the table before I went to the interview, they wouldn't match it!

Not sure why I accepted, but I regretted it straight away! Don't make the same mistake. They nasty tactics sum up the company.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Montash (London, England (UK)) in June 2014.

Interview

Boring. Kept waiting for an internal "failed" recruiter to interview me. I nearly walked out after waiting 15/20 minutes. The actual interview itself comprised of utterly inane questions. It was obvious I wasn't keen on them or the interviewer. They never even followed the interview up with the courtesy of any feedback. Poor, unprofessional, insincere and genuinely a miserable place. I think I had a very lucky escape.

Interview Questions

• Can't remember. All I wanted to do was to walk out of the interview.   Answer Question

Headhunter Interview

Interview

The lady interviewing me seemed pre-occupied and left the interview room about 4 times which I think is rude. She also babbled a lot and spoke too quickly and had a nauseating laugh. She made a lot of claims about how fun and awesome it was to work at Montash and what a cool young environment it was. I was let on to the sales floor and have never seen such dissinterested miserable people in my life.

I had 3 interviews, one with the internal HR woman who sounds like a failed rec2rec, then with one of the contract managers who was very young but seemed like a nice enough guy, then with the CEO who acted like a mafia boss. He smelt of cheap aftershave and waffled on about Montash to the point I nearly fell asleep. The questions he asked were pretty standard, asked about where I came from and about my family.

The whole process was very unorganised and their receptionist at the front desk is absolutely oblivious to anything and everything, very rude as well.

On the plus side the offices did look smart apart from the death steel carpet and the messy interview rooms.

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Montash (London, England (UK)) in February 2013.

Interview

Intense as now have assessment days but a good opportunity to understand the business

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Good and fair

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Montash (London, England (UK)) in January 2013.

Interview

Got invited to final stage but accepted an offer elsewhere.
    First stage was with the internal recruiter who oversold the job to me, spoke too quickly and figures did not add up at all. "our staff regularly take home over 20k per month" etc. I know this is typical spiel but nevertheless returned a week later to interview with the MD, who contradicted most of what was said by the IR. Trialled on the sales floor for a few hours, standard resourcing, asking q's to unsuccessful candidates to gather information etc. Asked about financial targets and KPI's but answers were a bit vague. Process was a little rushed. Did not har back for a few days, in this time I done some research via current and past employees and the general feeling was not so great. I went to another interview for a non-recruitment position and was offered, and accepted. I was then called back and invited in for final stage, a presentation I believe. Felt as if I should have gone along just to get perhaps an offer but I don't look back. I'm happy with the decision I made and have enjoyed good success where I am (although not on the scale that the IR at Montash reckoned I could!)

I must add, offices were smart, client portfolio-or so they said- was pretty enviable.

Interview Questions

• N/a - very standard interview questions, was not put on the spot at all! Surprisingly   Answer Question