Montclair State Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Montclair State Interview Questions

Updated Mar 28, 2017

2.6

Student Worker Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Montclair State.

Interview

I was approached by a former classmate at which point they asked me if I would like to join their team and help tutor undergraduates. I had some free time between classes and felt it would be a good learning experience so I accepted the offer.

Instructional Designer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Montclair State in November 2015.

Interview

Being asked by the search committee that contains both staff from hiring department and faculty members from different areas. The questions are formal, which focused on the specific area you are applying for. It would be better for you to carefully go through your portfolio and your key skills and knowledge in your subject area before you attending the interview.

SDCL Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Montclair State.

Interview

Initial contact was through a referral. I went in to meet with the Director. She asked me to set up a time to come in for an interview. We discussed a date and time via email. It was relatively painless. Met with panel from the department. They all asked questions. They were friendly. It was not daunting. They gave me the opportunity to ask questions as well. They were very professional.

Associate Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Montclair, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Montclair State (Montclair, NJ).

Interview

I was brought in and asked questions on administrative tasks and teaching. I met with a panel, then met the group, met with my supervisor, met with their supervisor... Everyone I met with was smart, nice, and friendly. Despite the panel interview, I felt confident in myself afterward.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

This went on for a few days...

Graduate Teaching Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Montclair, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Montclair State (Montclair, NJ) in June 2015.

Interview

they ask you to apply online. you apply, interview is short and questions your availability. it was'nt bad, but they try to match your interest up with a professor in your department

Graduate Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Montclair State in April 2015.

Interview

Simple process to get enrolled for Graduate assistant-ship. Just check the check box in the application form for Masters.
    Then , there was telephonic conversion verifying your information. This is also not done for all. Among the GAs , only I was given an telephonic interview

Interview Questions

• 1.They were concerned more about my past GPA, since I have 3.85 GPA, it was easy to clear the interview
      2. Work experience is also given high priority, especially related to the Masters program you selected.
      1 Answer

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Montclair, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Montclair State (Montclair, NJ) in March 2015.

Interview

mentioned interest on graduate school application. was contacted if still interested. interview date and time was arranged. interviewed by several faculty from department. was informed of hiring a few weeks later.

Procurement Administrator/Buyer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Clifton, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Montclair State (Clifton, NJ) in February 2015.

Interview

The interviewing process was very informative and laid back. I made it to my interview on time. As I met each one of my interviewers, they wanted know more about me as a person then what I did at first. After that, the interview started with me talking about my resume. A dialogue of questions and my responses took place and after that, I was able to ask them questions. After the interview, I thanked them both for their time and the opportunity in meeting them. Before I could get back home, the headhunter called me back with a job offer.

Interview Questions

• Years of experience doing procurement.   1 Answer

Assistant Director, Cooperative Education Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Upper Montclair, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Montclair State (Upper Montclair, NJ).

Interview

Totally unprofessional interview process.

I was called to interview as an assistant director of cooperative education position; the search committee chairwoman, a biology professor, indicated in the e-mail that there were eight faculty members on the committee, so bring enough copies of your handout. She also said I would be meeting with the Dean of the school, after the interview with the search committee.

So I arrived the usual ten minutes early. Fifteen minutes after the scheduled start time, the secretary escorted me to a conference room down the hall. The committee chairwoman was there, and two other professors. The chairwoman said I would not be meeting with the Dean afterwards. Okay.

They asked me to give the presentation first, so I did that. The director of the career center arrived ten minutes later, after the interview had started. After I finished the presentation a couple of the faculty members asked me a question. The others just sat there in silence. The chair asked me if I had any questions, so I asked a few, and they gave their answers. I smiled and tried to engage with them, but these folks were clearly just going through the motions. Then they thanked me and I left.

I never heard back from them, not even an e-mail stating they had selected a final candidate. I found out months later they gave the job to someone who was already working in another office on campus. I don’t think there’s anything wrong with that. What’s wrong is wasting the time of the other candidates who had no chance of being hired.

Interview Questions

• They were just stock questions, nothing unexpected. They weren't very creative or imaginative questions.   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Montclair, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Montclair State (Montclair, NJ) in October 2013.

Interview

Submitted via website. Phone interview followed by in person interview. The in person interview was with the person I was to work for and lasted approximately 1 hour. I felt the questions were reasonable and appropriate for the position and the information presented has been accurate now that I have the job.

Interview Questions

• What attracts you to higher ed?   1 Answer