Monterey Bay Aquarium Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Monterey Bay Aquarium Interview Questions

Education Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Monterey Bay Aquarium.

Interview

There was a phone interview with two educators, and then an in person interview with 4 members of education team. Once the panel interview was complete they toured me around the offices and introduced me to a few upper management individuals.

Membership Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Monterey, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Monterey Bay Aquarium (Monterey, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

My now-boss and supervisor were extremely friendly and amiable and made me feel comfortable and encouraged. Of course it did help that they asked all the questions that I was expecting and had prepared for. At the end, one of them remarked in a genuine tone that it was a great interview, and the other literally told me I'm awesome. Even if I hadn't later been offered the position, I still would give this interview a double thumbs up.

Interview Questions

• The question was something along the lines of, "What is the most important quality in your supervisor?"   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Monterey Bay Aquarium.

Interview

The first step was a phone interview with HR, very basic questions. They set up an in-person interview with me. I was told to prepare a 5 minute presentation teaching something to the interviewers. The in-person interview lasted about an hour. Many standard interview questions, plus some questions very specific to the job.

Interview Questions

• What techniques would you use to effectively teach the different age groups.   Answer Question

PSO Interview

Anonymous Employee in Monterey, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Monterey Bay Aquarium (Monterey, CA).

Interview

Step one was a phone interview with the hiring recruiter asking simple questions regarding my resume. This was then followed by 1:1 interview with both the department director as well as the recruiter. i was again asked the same resume reflective questions and asked to fill out some release of background forms. I was told normally a panel interview would follow but i was hired on the spot. I completed a drug test, background investigation and physical ability test.

Interview Questions

• How can you personally instill our mission in your life.   1 Answer

Negotiation

strait forwward

Volunteer Guide Interview

Anonymous Employee in Monterey, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Monterey Bay Aquarium (Monterey, CA) in August 2014.

Interview

submit application, Interview on phone and then group interview, orientation is extensive. Several nights of class and reading to prep for classes. There is a wealth of information on the company website and in the notes and presentations to help prep

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Monterey Bay Aquarium.

Interview

The interviews are conducted in groups. You are given various tasks to complete such as introducing the person next to you to the group, solving team puzzles and speaking with guests. As the day goes on, more and more people are let go. The final portion is an in person interview with a few managers.

Interview Questions

• When the interview gets down to 5 people, they ask each one of you to speak with guests and help out on the floor. They want to see how you interact with guests and make sure you are a good fit. Be personable and smile! You will do great!   Answer Question

Guest Experience Interview

Anonymous Employee in Monterey, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Monterey Bay Aquarium (Monterey, CA) in April 2010.

Interview

Guest Experience interview are an intense all day process, more than the normal interview. Parts consist of teamwork challenges, answering questions from aquarium guests, and a panel interview. Be ready to be "on" for several hours and be friendly and smile a lot. Some positions will ask you to give a short presentation as well. The interviewers will periodically split all folks interviewing into different small groups and make cuts as the day progresses. You will leave feeling like you were on a reality show.

Interview Questions

• You may be paired up with another person and asked to get to know each other. Find out the other person's background and qualifications, and then you will be asked to sell that person as the best candidate for the job.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation.