Montgomery College Interview Questions in Washington, DC | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 29, 2016

2.2

Part-Time Faculty Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rockville, MD

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Montgomery College (Rockville, MD).

Interview

It was pleasant! The supervisor was extremely kind and considerate. I was recommended by one of her full-time faculty. The full-time faculty person and I had worked together at another college for many years, but we both had moved. The interview was interesting and one of the questions was how old was I. I would not answer stating that this question is against the law until you are hired. She did laugh and even until this day when we see each other at retirement luncheons she brings this story up and we both laugh. She said I was correct.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I did not need to negotiate.

Student Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rockville, MD

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Montgomery College (Rockville, MD) in July 2015.

Interview

Applied to work at the campus library last summer. Had an interview with a very friendly supervisor. Asks your previous work experience and lessons you have learned. The supervisor tells you that all people who works here are like "family." This is great!
    Note: Its better to know the idea of call numbers.
    Example, QH 307.25. F6 2016

Interview Questions

• Tell me what are the most important things at work? (asks your opinion)   Answer Question

Instructional Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Germantown, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Montgomery College (Germantown, MD) in March 2015.

Interview

There was a panel interview with a series of questions, followed by a model help session and a tour of the facility. The interview questions were behavioral and several focused on describing how I had behaved in the past. I was also asked to look through the course catalog and identify my readiness to help students in a variety of chemistry and biology subjects.

Interview Questions

• How would I help students with different learning styles?   Answer Question

Part-Time Faculty Interview

Anonymous Employee in Germantown, MD

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Montgomery College (Germantown, MD) in January 2015.

Interview

I have had really professional and friendly interview with assistant dean, who also told me about structure of college, teaching philosophy, and showed lab equipment for students Lab section. I was moved by her enthusiasm and being eager to assist me as a colleague.

Interview Questions

• There are a set of questions related to my experience and background as a lecturer and researcher.   Answer Question

Counselor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rockville, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Montgomery College (Rockville, MD) in January 2015.

Interview

Direct, but conversational, there was a panel of persons who took turns asking questions and taking notes. Each of them seemed to have a theme that their questions focused on. It was enjoyable.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation when you disagreed with another employee you had to work with.   Answer Question

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rockville, MD

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Montgomery College (Rockville, MD) in October 2014.

Interview

I was being hired for a two month contract, so my entire process was expedited. The Director of College Access was very impressed with my experience and personality and hired me immediately after my references cleared. The interview process was virtually stress free. It is helpful to note, however, that the normal interview process is considerably more intense.

Interview Questions

• What kind of communicator are you?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation.

Collaborative Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Takoma Park, MD

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Montgomery College (Takoma Park, MD) in January 2013.

Interview

I was interviewed by the director of student life directly. First I had a phone interview, and then after passing that, i was called in for a face to face interview. The director talked to me first then I was introduced to the dean of the college, who too was okay with me having the job.

Interview Questions

• Do you have diversity experience?
      Do you have project management experience?
      Answer Question

Program Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rockville, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Montgomery College (Rockville, MD) in August 2012.

Interview

A long interview with specific questions as required by a state government position; this required the interviewer to stick to a pre-determined interview format rather than take the liberty to be more informal.

Interview Questions

• What was the size of the organization you worked for previously?   1 Answer

Adjunct Professor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rockville, MD

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Montgomery College (Rockville, MD) in June 2012.

Interview

I had to give a 5 minute lecture on a basic course topic. The two instructors in the room decided if I had what it took to be a lecturer. Towards the end, we looked at the course textbook, covered expectations for teaching the course, and reviewed some potential challenges.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see programming going in the future? What are some ways we can introduce these concepts into the classroom?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rockville, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Montgomery College (Rockville, MD) in September 2011.

Interview

Called in to talk to one of the head managers for the bookstore. The manager briefly asks you several questions about your work history.Additional questions include, previous experiences and educations. Also, what would you do when customers have problem finding the correct merchandise?

Interview Questions

• What was the first job you had?   1 Answer