Moody Street Financial Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 9, 2017

1.5

Interviews for Top Jobs at Moody Street Financial

Financial Advisor Interview

Application

I interviewed at Moody Street Financial in March 2017.

Interview

I was told I am not qualified at the very beginning of the interview. So the interview process cost only 3 minutes. They are in bad attitudes and no body at the office at all.

Anonymous Employee in Waltham, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Moody Street Financial (Waltham, MA) in January 2017.

Interview

All lies. They rope you in by acting like the job isn't straight commission. They make it sound like you have "unlimited earning potential" and "growth opportunities." Read this before wasting your time- this is a STRAIGHT COMISSION DOOR TO DOOR SALES JOB. You are dropped off on random streets in MA (often nowhere near the "office" in Waltham) to follow bogus "leads" for Verizon FiOs customers.

I implore you to read this review and consider everything before you get stuck "shadowing" a current employee. You will be stuck with them all day while they try to convince you that this job isn't a pyramid scheme. It is 100% THE DEFFINITON OF A PYRAMID SCHEME. You are paid commission while others higher and higher reap your benefits. They are very shady about all of this and try to rush you in to a job before you discover this. Do not fall for it.

Why do you think they can only schedule interviews before noon? Because they have "atmosphere" (where they all meet and discuss "sales") from 11AM-12PM, the only time where all employees are present. They will not do interviews any later because all of the "employees" are out on the streets (quite literally, unfortunately) seeling FiOs. If you don't believe me, try scheduling and interview after 12 and they will simply tell you he or she is unavailable. They wouldn't risk a potential employee seeing their empty office and picking up on their charade.

Interview Questions

• "So when can I steal you from your current employer?"   1 Answer
    • When are you available to shadow?   1 Answer

Negotiation

They are desperate. They will take anyone.

They will likely even offer to pay you "base" in addition to commission for the first two weeks. Don't even fall for it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Moody Street Financial (Boston, MA).

Interview

Information session-- everyone is asked back for a second interview. from there they invite you to the training sessions. The itraining sessions are meant to prepare you for becoming a financialadvisor

Interview Questions

• Are you comfortable recruiting your friends?   1 Answer

not for me

Financial Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Moody Street Financial.

Interview

I was contacted via email by the company and asked to come in for an interview. I was told the hiring process would involve three rounds of interviews. The majority of the interview was spent on discussing the initial process of becoming a financial advisory, which involved passing the series 7 and all those other securities trading tests within a certain period of time.