Moody's Analytics Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 20, 2017

2.9

1. Featured Interview

Intern Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Moody's Analytics.

Interview

Apply, speak to recruiters be knowledgeable and very invested and share the same passion as of you were a potential employee. Explain how you could be an asset and be Diffeent.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Moody's Analytics.

Interview

There were 4 sessions total each with 2 managers taking turns asking questions. We got about 20 minute breaks in between sessions. There were 2 white board sessions, 1 math/data science related and 1 behavioral/goals.

Interview Questions

• How do I sort a list?   Answer Question
    • I have an equation with multiple parameters, and I want to minimize/maximize the score. How should I approach it   1 Answer
    • Some OOP design patterns, and the implementation of hypothetical interfaces/classes   Answer Question

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Moody's Analytics (San Francisco, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

The process was quite easy. The recruiter just asked some basic information and availability, and some background check. The process takes about 15 mins. It was a pleasant experience overall.

Interview Questions

• How comfortable are you programming in R, python and sql?   Answer Question

Data Operations Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Moody's Analytics.

Interview

I was contacted by the recruiter who explained to me about the job. After that, there was first phone interview with the Manager, and another phone interview with Director after that. The job was SQL focused and both of them asked SQL queries. Overall, it was a very positive experience.

Interview Questions

• Basic SQL questions, Machine Learning Questions, and R Programming questions   Answer Question

Financial Software Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Moody's Analytics (New York, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

Referred by a friend then phone interview with the supervisor. After that, there will be an onsite interview in New York City office. The process was very relaxed and the manager was very nice. During the onsite interview, you will be interviewed by both New York office staffs and San Francisco staffs.

Interview Questions

• Can you tell me the differences between bond and stock?   Answer Question

Data Operator Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Moody's Analytics in October 2016.

Interview

It took 3 weeks. The HR is very nice, he called before the hiring manager interview to tell me about what the role is and then Hiring Manager interview. HM rescheduled the time and asked around 25 minutes.

Interview Questions

• 1. How do you see this position
      2. Related work experience
      3. SQL   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Moody's Analytics (New York, NY) in July 2016.

Interview

Phone screen , f2f
    Overall The quality of the questions were ok
    The hands on test was not well planned, kind of time wasted there because of their unpreparedness.
    I hope they didnt think I was slow
    During the interview I kind of felt the interviewers' doubts about my experience , maybe because of the too many job changes in my resume

They didn't get back

Interview Questions

• Asp.net core concepts, web services   1 Answer

Summer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Moody's Analytics.

Interview

I first talked to HR, who told me about the internship position, asked me if I had any questions, and set up a time for my interview the next day. I had a phone call interview and we went over the position description and requirements, asked questions about my experience and what I am looking for in the internship. We then went over my resume, and she asked details about my teamwork experience. At the end of the interview, she asked if I had any questions and answered them. Phone interview ended, and a couple hours later I got a call from HR to follow up on the interview.

Assistant Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Moody's Analytics (New York, NY) in June 2016.

Interview

I applied through an online posting. I interviewed with ten interviewers over six weeks in three phases. Process started with a phone screen, then a combination of phone and onsite interviews with peers and management.

I was not offered the position, which was dissapointing, especially after meeting with 10 team members.

Interview Questions

• Peer questions were mostly technical, with some behavioral.

Management questions were almost all behavioral with a couple technical questions sprinkled in.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Moody's Analytics (Omaha, NE) in May 2016.

Interview

After three phone interviews, I was brought in for 2 1/2 hours of interviews with four different people. I left feeling good but never heard back until after I followed up three different times.
    I was not offered the job as they have it to an internal applicant. They, then, to speak with me about another position but the salary was way to low for me to even consider.

Interview Questions

• It was more discussion than actual questions.   1 Answer