Moody's Analytics Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 18, 2018

2.9

1. Featured Interview

Intern Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Moody's Analytics.

Interview

Apply, speak to recruiters be knowledgeable and very invested and share the same passion as of you were a potential employee. Explain how you could be an asset and be Diffeent.

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Moody's Analytics (San Francisco, CA) in February 2010.

Interview

It is a great experience to do the interview.

Interview Questions

• Assume a stick is broken at random into three pieces. What is the probability that the pieces can form a triangle?   3 Answers

Associate Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Moody's Analytics (San Francisco, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

The interview process was good. They asked basic questions about my experience and few behavioral questions. They are very very unprofessional because after an interview process they never get back to you with a result even after intimidating them with an email query about the result. It's a common courtesy of an person to mail back saying YES or NO which Moody's does not have!

Associate Director Interview

Interview

Two rounds of phone interviews, one day of onsite with several Managing Directors, peers, HR, etc. The onsite interviews took most of a day, including lunch with the team. After the onsite meetings, HR followed up within several days.

Interview Questions

• Several questions concerning management of client expectations. Questions were surprisingly light on any topics of risk management or methodology.   Answer Question

Associate Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Moody's Analytics (New York, NY) in July 2015.

Interview

Slow process on getting people ready for interviews, schedule or phone calls. They started the process 3 months before getting 1st round of Phone Interviews, 1 month for ZGroup and 1-1 Interview and an extra month for the last 1-1 round.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to move with us?   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Moody's Analytics.

Interview

Was contacted by the hiring manager. After initial phone screen was called for an onsite interview.

I had a good experience for the onsite interview. I had an initial coding test, followed by interviews with all the team members.

They called me after two days and told me that the interviews went very well but that the hiring manager wanted to have interview with two more team members.

They agreed for a phone interview. The first interviewer asked questions on data structures and algorithmic thinking. But the second interviewee rather asked me all factual questions for which you either know the answer or you don't.

I felt I didn't get an offer due to the last interview.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Moody's Analytics (San Francisco, CA) in December 2011.

Interview

One phone screening by hiring manager and three in 101 interviews with team members

Interview Questions

• They asked simple Java questions. e.g. difference between Stringbuffer and Stringbuilder, find duplicate elements in an array.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was a fresher so didn't negotiate much.

Software Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Moody's Analytics (New York, NY) in November 2015.

Interview

I met with some representatives during a University Career fair event and I was scheduled a one to one interview that went well. I was then welcomed to a final round interview where I interviewed with 4 different people separately, with a white board question at the end. Although the interview seem to went well, after the interview there were no responses or follow ups. The HR team was prompt to answer questions before the interview, but became radio silent after the interview. After I bugged the company a few times, they finally let me know I wasn't hired a week or two later. I don't have much of an opinion of this company because I wasn't hired ,but I would suggest for them to be "Different" in their hiring methods from the status quo, and respond promptly and respectfully after the interview. Unfortunately, I have this same experiences in double digits with other companies. After the interview I was given the typical "We will keep in touch", and never been contact for another interview even a year later even after applying to other jobs on their site.

Interview Questions

• Random developer white board question involving algorithms and a statistics question.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Moody's Analytics in August 2014.

Interview

1st round, face-to-face interview, talk to the HR very easy technical questions and some OQ
    2. logical test
    3. talk to VP, about what they do and which kind of people they need
    4. talk to someone (she didnot introdue herself, but seems like an important manager); ask serious and difficult questions.

they rent a very small office in Beijing, most employees are doint sth. else rather than working, the atmosphere is unfriendly.

Interview Questions

• explain how to make sense one industry very fast   1 Answer

2.5h interview but i cost more than 1.5 hour to wait. low efficiency.

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Moody's Analytics (New York, NY) in February 2018.

Interview

had 2 phone interviews back to back, each 30 min.
    One with thick accent, very hard to understand, she would move on to the next question even when I did not understand her. She had a preconception that I don't know the answer so she wouldn't spend time to clarify the question.

Interview Questions

• tell me a challenge that you overcome.
      Why moodys.
      explain identification problem for different ML approaches.
      What is the difference between xgboost and random forest.
      Name packages.   Answer Question