Moody's Analytics Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Moody's Analytics Interview Questions

Updated Mar 9, 2017

2.9

Data Operations Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Moody's Analytics.

Interview

I was contacted by the recruiter who explained to me about the job. After that, there was first phone interview with the Manager, and another phone interview with Director after that. The job was SQL focused and both of them asked SQL queries. Overall, it was a very positive experience.

Interview Questions

• Basic SQL questions, Machine Learning Questions, and R Programming questions   Answer Question

Financial Software Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Moody's Analytics (New York, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

Referred by a friend then phone interview with the supervisor. After that, there will be an onsite interview in New York City office. The process was very relaxed and the manager was very nice. During the onsite interview, you will be interviewed by both New York office staffs and San Francisco staffs.

Interview Questions

• Can you tell me the differences between bond and stock?   Answer Question

Data Operator Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Moody's Analytics in October 2016.

Interview

It took 3 weeks. The HR is very nice, he called before the hiring manager interview to tell me about what the role is and then Hiring Manager interview. HM rescheduled the time and asked around 25 minutes.

Interview Questions

• 1. How do you see this position
      2. Related work experience
      3. SQL

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Moody's Analytics (New York, NY) in July 2016.

Interview

Phone screen , f2f
    Overall The quality of the questions were ok
    The hands on test was not well planned, kind of time wasted there because of their unpreparedness.
    I hope they didnt think I was slow
    During the interview I kind of felt the interviewers' doubts about my experience , maybe because of the too many job changes in my resume

They didn't get back

Interview Questions

• Asp.net core concepts, web services   1 Answer

Summer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Moody's Analytics.

Interview

I first talked to HR, who told me about the internship position, asked me if I had any questions, and set up a time for my interview the next day. I had a phone call interview and we went over the position description and requirements, asked questions about my experience and what I am looking for in the internship. We then went over my resume, and she asked details about my teamwork experience. At the end of the interview, she asked if I had any questions and answered them. Phone interview ended, and a couple hours later I got a call from HR to follow up on the interview.

Assistant Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Moody's Analytics (New York, NY) in June 2016.

Interview

I applied through an online posting. I interviewed with ten interviewers over six weeks in three phases. Process started with a phone screen, then a combination of phone and onsite interviews with peers and management.

I was not offered the position, which was dissapointing, especially after meeting with 10 team members.

Interview Questions

• Peer questions were mostly technical, with some behavioral.

Management questions were almost all behavioral with a couple technical questions sprinkled in.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Moody's Analytics (Omaha, NE) in May 2016.

Interview

After three phone interviews, I was brought in for 2 1/2 hours of interviews with four different people. I left feeling good but never heard back until after I followed up three different times.
    I was not offered the job as they have it to an internal applicant. They, then, to speak with me about another position but the salary was way to low for me to even consider.

Interview Questions

• It was more discussion than actual questions.   1 Answer

Product Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Moody's Analytics (South San Francisco, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

I didn't apply for the role; a recruiter found me via LinkedIn and sent me a message. From there we had a phone call after a week and later after 2 weeks, I had a call with hiring manager.
    The process was very slow as the recruiter was not from Moody's and an external to Moody's. Then after few weeks suddenly I got an email inviting on-site for an interview.
    The on-site interview was with 5 rounds with some rounds being 1:1 and some in being a panel of two. Questions were ok and the overall interview was fine. But the part that I would constructively criticize is the process speed. It was too slow, the process went from early April until early June. And recruiter was not so responsive. I suppose it was because it was not a direct Moody's HR!

Interview Questions

• What are things you'll measure in a bug-tracking system?
      (was asked to write a table on white board; what columns will be there in a database table for bug tracking systems)
      1 Answer

UI Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Moody's Analytics (Omaha, NE) in April 2016.

Interview

The selection process in Moody's will go in two rounds. The first will be a telephonic interview where in the questions will most probably work around the resume and they basically assess how committed we are to the position that we applied. This will last no more than 20-30 minutes.

The second is an in person interview, I was interviewed by 3 panel team for a time of about 45-55 minutes. The questions mostly dealt with my previous work experiences and technical stuff. They were more interested the roles I dealt with so far, my academic projects, and my insights on questions on the position.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in this position ?   Answer Question
    • What are actually doing as a graduate assistant ?   Answer Question
    • What are the hardships that you face while working on a project ?   1 Answer
    • What is the difference between HTML and HTML5 ?   Answer Question
    • I have showed and explained them my academic project, they asked me why did I use this tag, this attribute ?   Answer Question

Summer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Moody's Analytics (San Francisco, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

I applied this position by campus referral. Its a phone interview and took about half hour. Two people interview you at the same time. Firstly walk through your resume and ask some questions about any experience related to this position. Some technical questions.

Interview Questions

• Database design experience.
      Correlation between one stock and a portfolio.
      Basic option pricing: binomial tree and Monte Carlo simulation.