Moody's Analytics Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 6, 2018

2.9

1. Featured Interview

Intern Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Moody's Analytics.

Interview

Apply, speak to recruiters be knowledgeable and very invested and share the same passion as of you were a potential employee. Explain how you could be an asset and be Diffeent.

Research Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Moody's Analytics.

Interview

Phone interview with three bros where I described my experience in graduate school and answered technical questions. It wasn't a good fit, but some of the questions seemed off, more about memorization than problem solving.

Interview Questions

Interview

3 rounds phone interview. a lot of questions about econometric and time series. Better review your linear regression and classification models before interview. Overall is great. People are nice and detailed. High light your understanding of the model assumption and intermediate results.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Moody's Analytics.

Interview

Two rounds of phone interviews by two different persons. Each interview starts and ends with some basic HR questions. There are some technical questions in between. Technical questions could be around statistics, programming, mathematics etc.

Financial Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Moody's Analytics in March 2018.

Interview

Phone call with Senior Financial Engineer. No small talk, straight to technical questions on probability, C++, Monte Carlo and Derivative Pricing. Be prepared to back what you put on you resume, and if you can't they will tell you ! I was not prepared and that showed.

Interview Questions

• how many teams of 2 people can you create from 6 people? Difference between Class and Structures, Variance Reduction Techniques, Simulate correlated gaussians etc.   Answer Question

Investment Banking Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Moody's Analytics (New York, NY).

Interview

I got a call through LinkedIn on Friday and then on Monday I was received a mail that my interview is scheduled for Tuesday.
    I went to the interview process it was only 1 round where 2 concern persons were asking qwestions back to back.
    Then I was asked to wait at reception n after 3 hours they asked me to we are done for the day.

Pathetic Management !!

Interview Questions

• Enterprise Value , Pe ratios , Valuation concepts , Financial Modeling , Cash flows   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Moody's Analytics (New York, NY) in February 2018.

Interview

had 2 phone interviews back to back, each 30 min.
    One with thick accent, very hard to understand, she would move on to the next question even when I did not understand her. She had a preconception that I don't know the answer so she wouldn't spend time to clarify the question.

Interview Questions

• tell me a challenge that you overcome.
      Why moodys.
      explain identification problem for different ML approaches.
      What is the difference between xgboost and random forest.
      Name packages.   Answer Question

Financial Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Moody's Analytics (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2018.

Interview

A campus recruiter directly contacted me and scheduled a technical phone interview in late January for me. I was interviewed by an associate director within a week. The interview process was very smooth and the interviewer is very friendly.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral: walk me through your resume and explain some of my experiences

Technical:
      Searching and Sorting Algos for details (e.g. quicksort and mergesort with time complexity, mergesort recursion call stack and etc..),
      basic data structures (array, linked list, hash table and etc.),
      different between c++ and Java (or why c++)   Answer Question

Database Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Chester, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Moody's Analytics (West Chester, PA) in December 2017.

Interview

Phone screen, followed by a personality test a few days later. Then they bring you in for an all day interview a week after, where they have you meet with several interviewers. The whole interview took about 2.5 hours.

The interviewers all seemed nice, but that's just an act. They ignore all your emails afterward. I sent the expected three emails: thank you email, a follow-up, and a thank you after rejection. Not once did someone reach out. In fact, after I sent the follow-up, the next day I received an automated rejection.

It seems to me they're not looking for people who already have the necessary skill-set. I have a background in economics, math, and I know several computer languages (SQL, Java, C++, PHP, JavaScript), yet no offered was extended. They're looking for people who have no technical skills, even though the job demands technical ability, which seems very odd to me.

Basically, if you're good at talking and selling yourself, but have no skills beyond what your college degree purports, then apply for the job. They'll hire you on the spot!

Interview Questions

• Your typical run-of-the-mill questions, that makes it easy for the low-skill but savvy, smooth talkers to get the job.

"Why should we hire you?"
      "Can you tell us about Moody's?"
      "What are your strengths and weaknesses?"

blah, blah, blah...   Answer Question

Associate Financial Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Moody's Analytics.

Interview

got first phone call from a third party recruiter from new york asked about basic stuff nothing really technical or that related to job responsibilities, told me to forward to hr then never heard back

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Moody's Analytics.

Interview

There were 4 sessions total each with 2 managers taking turns asking questions. We got about 20 minute breaks in between sessions. There were 2 white board sessions, 1 math/data science related and 1 behavioral/goals.

Interview Questions

• How do I sort a list?   Answer Question
    • I have an equation with multiple parameters, and I want to minimize/maximize the score. How should I approach it   1 Answer
    • Some OOP design patterns, and the implementation of hypothetical interfaces/classes   Answer Question