Moody's Analytics Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.9

1. Featured Interview

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in West Chester, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Moody's Analytics (West Chester, PA) in April 2019.

Interview

It was a pretty straightforward process.
    One phone call, about 10 minutes. We went over my resume and experience.
    Then I was sent a link to a coding challenge and simultaneously invited to a SuperDay(on-site interview).
    I have completed coding challenges before SuperDay. They were concluded of a few multiple-choice questions and about 4-5 coding questions about medium level.
    During a SuperDay I had a casual conversation with 2 Software Developers and 2 F2F interviews with Senior SDs, about 25-30 minutes per meeting.
    A week after I got an offer.

Interview Questions

• Previous Experience, personal projects, school projects. Few easy technical questions.   Answer Question

Quantitative Research Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Moody's Analytics.

Interview

Found out about the company through a career fair, then had two phone interviews. First interview was more behavorial type of interview, and then the next was a more technical interview.

Interview Questions

• Asked to explain about statistical theories, and to solve some statistical problems   Answer Question

Associate Director QA Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 8+ weeks. I interviewed at Moody's Analytics (New York, NY) in December 2019.

Interview

Process took almost 2 months

First round(technical) : questions on python , few programs such as third laregst number in array, Jenkins, sql joins.

Second round(technical): different python scripts,sql, questions of hdfs functioning, few managerial questions

Hr round : package negotiation and confirmation of offer. No offer after that. I have been told some internal budgeting is going on.

Director, Technology Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Moody's Analytics (New York, NY).

Interview

First interview was via phone with hiring manager. Was actually very detailed for a phone interview and took about 1 hour. Questions ranged from "problem solving" and technical questions to things you are good at and not.

2nd round of interviews were on-site with 4 people from technology, IT and the business. 2 of the interviews were pretty basic and the interviewers were glad to be part of the process. 1 interviewer was a bit late - so the conversation was rushed. The final interview was with the hiring manager and was a bit tougher than the phone interview.

Interview Questions

• Problem Solving: How would you determine cost of goods and needs for a specific situation.   Answer Question
    • Something someone would say that is good about you.   Answer Question

Data Entry Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Moody's Analytics in June 2019.

Interview

Simple in phone interview. Looking for clear speaking and confidence. One phone interview and then either an offer or no offer. About a two week process start to finish.

Database Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Chester, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Moody's Analytics (West Chester, PA) in May 2019.

Interview

Consisted of a phone screening, a phone interview, and a onsite interview. The onsite interview consisted of multiple 1 on 1 interviews with senior level personnel, followed up with a group interview with Database Engineers that would be around your level.

Interview Questions

• Typical professional and academic background questions. Very little to no technical questions.   Answer Question

Product Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Moody's Analytics (Omaha, NE) in May 2019.

Interview

In-office interview with several teams. The process was very well structured and gave me a clear idea of the position and its context. Each round was a 30 minute meeting with the team learning about the position operates with the team .

Interview Questions

• What do you hope to gain experience with in this internship?   1 Answer

Interview

Two phone interviews followed by an onsite visit. Very easy screening call with a recruiter to start, then a phone interview with the hiring manager. If all goes well they will ask you to come interview in person.

Software Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Moody's Analytics (San Francisco, CA) in April 2019.

Interview

Interview process was straightforward and the office was nice. There were a lot of logistical mishaps due to poor coordination and planning with the university recruiter at the San Francisco office. The schedule/check-in time was e-mailed out to us incorrectly, as well as the layout of the interview which was incorrectly sent out to us twice, with other misinformation such as that we would not have to answer questions in JS or whiteboard. The recruiter guaranteed confirmation of hires and rejects by the next day but I had to wait almost a week before I finally e-mailed him to get a response that I was rejected. The recruiter who does not have a technical background was hostile in the rejection e-mail claiming I did not have any technical problem solving skills when I asked for feedback, though I don't think he actually consulted with the interviewers for feedback considering how quickly he responded.

Interview Questions

• How to implement a stack using queue?   Answer Question
    • How print out duplicates in a list with less than O(n) space and O(n) time?   Answer Question

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Moody's Analytics (New York, NY) in April 2019.

Interview

Received a email to schedule a phone interview. After completion, completed 3 interviews (technical, behavioral, panel) at Moody's NYC. Interview was relatively easy, and interviewers seemed eager to help out in answers. Technical questions were similar to easy level LeetCode problems, and a few riddles which assess problem solving. Overall definitely not an interview worth stressing about, especially if you've interviewed for other tech companies.

Interview Questions

• 2 buckets: 3 and 5 gallons, and an unlimited supply of water. How do you get to 4 gallons without any extra containers?   Answer Question