Moody's Associate Analyst II Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Moody's Associate Analyst II Interview Questions

Updated May 21, 2017

2.9

Associate Analyst II Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Moody's.

Interview

7 people in total, pretty quick. I got through referral. The HR team will negotiate down your salary and title. Be careful! Be familiar with methodology and get prepared. Questions are not too difficult.

Interview Questions

• What's data? How we rate transactions? What do you know about our rating process and what do you think of this industry?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Moody's

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Moody's (San Francisco, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

Interview with the recruiter, which was about salary and benefit expectations. Phone Interview with hiring manager. In-person interview with hiring manager, which was more of a performance evaluation followed by two Vice Presidents, one Analyst. Personal questions are asked first to sense style, followed by skills, background, and interests. Overall, they're looking for somebody who will adapt to the bureaucracy. No call backs after 2 and half months. Recruiter's number is disabled.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever had to deliver bad news? If so, how did you phrase it?   Answer Question
    • Q: What is your experience in Governmental Accounting? What would you change if anything?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Moody's (New York, NY) in October 2015.

Interview

Lengthy, Comprehensive interview process with very technical questions. You should prepare by reading the appropriate group's methodology. You will meet with three managers and the MD for the team if you are interviewing for any position up to Senior Analyst.

Associate Analyst II Interview

Interview

first phone screening with hr and then do the online application, Hr will send the link
    second round one with team member and onsite with VP and other members and hr

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Moody's (New York, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

very relaxed. Interviewed with 3 VPS and senior analysts. general questions about my background and why moodys. Questions regarding credit analysis and factors driving an analysis. personality questions like what do i do on my free time. How did i enjoy school. Time management questions.

Interview Questions

• -why moodys
      -tell me about yourself
      1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Moody's (New York, NY) in October 2014.

Interview

Initially believed the interview would be more technical but it was mostly behavioral. Since it was through my school, the first interview was with two current employees who asked me a series of questions. I then had my second round at their office, which was 2 thirty minute interviews with 2 employees in the interview process.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had conflict and how you have resolved it.   Answer Question

Associate Analyst II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Moody's (London, England (UK)) in April 2015.

Interview

First had a brief chat with HR about salary expectations, visa requirements etc. Then I got invited to an assessment day, where I had a couple of tests, including accounting (quite simple), reasoning, analytical etc, nothing too complicated. Afterwards I had an interview with two people from the team I was applying to, who were very nice in general. They didn't ask any of the technical questions which I was expecting. That was all good, but its been more than 2 months and I haven't heard anything back, despite chasing them by phone and by email. Quite disappointed because of this unprofessional behaviour.

Interview Questions

• What do you think about the current trends in the market for this industry?   Answer Question
    • What indicators would you look at when performing credit analysis for a company from this industry?   Answer Question

Associate Analyst II Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Moody's.

Interview

Very informative and straight-forward interview process. No prior telephone interview with HR. Got invited to an in-person interview in the NY office. The in-person interview was very interesting and helpful. I interviewed with 7 people - all senior management.

Interview Questions

• Tell me something about yourself?
      How does Structured Finance work?
      Answer Question