Moody's Associate Analyst III Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Moody's Associate Analyst III Interview Questions

Updated Dec 20, 2016

2.7

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Moody's (New York, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

Applied through campus recruiter. Completed first round of interviews on site at the New York office, invited back for second round. Interviewed with 4 different people the first time, 5 the second time. Process took about 6 weeks.

Interview Questions

• Describe the line items on an income statement. What is the difference between free cash flow and EBITDA? Basic behavioral questions. Why Moody's, etc.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Moody's

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Moody's (New York, NY).

Interview

I applied through my university. Got a phone call to schedule an on campus interview. Easy 1 on 1 then an email asking to go to the office for 2nd round interviews this time with 4-5 people interviewing you back to back. Basic behavioral questions. Mostly a conversation.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself? Why Moody's? Experiences on resume. Background   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Moody's (New York, NY).

Interview

Extremely unprofessional and inconsiderate. Takes weeks and weeks to get any response from HR. The worst experience I ever had interviewing for finance jobs (I've interviewed with dozens of firms including prestigious bulge bracket and middle market banks). Absolutely terrible

Interview Questions

• How do you derive an interest rate   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Moody's (New York, NY) in December 2015.

Interview

Sent out an online application, recruiter contacted me an hour later via email for a phone screen. A week later, received a call to set up Super Day times at their office in NYC. Met with 3 different groups, two representing one group and the other two groups having just one interviewer. Questions depended on the group in question; Credit Policy mainly asked about past experience while Structured Finance went with technical questions via examples. Given about 35 minutes per group, so not much time to ask questions afterward.

Did not receive any email or phone call with rejection asides from the usual 'thank you' from their automated email.

Interview Questions

• (Graph drawn of a long call) Tell me where it is profitable to exercise a call option?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Moody's (New York, NY) in October 2015.

Interview

I applied through the school career center. I've only gone through the first round on campus interview and it was mainly behavioral questions. I had two interviews for corporate and structured finance. Both interviewers were very friendly and approachable - it was more like a discussion than an interview. I got a really good vibe from them, they seem to truly care about their employees.

Interview Questions

• How are your writing skills and research skills? How would you go about researching a company?   Answer Question

Associate Analyst III Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Moody's.

Interview

Met a recruiter at a career fair, who then referred to me another recruiter who happened to be looking to fill the role. After explaining what I was looking for he decided I would be a fit for the role. He then passed my resume along to the hiring manager, an SVP. I then had a phone interview with the SVP a few days later. After a few days, I was invited to an on-site interview where I was interviewed by 4 members on the team I would be working with.

Interview Questions

• They asked a few technical questions about the subject matter.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Moody's (New York, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

I had 3 interviews each with people from a different sector. It was mainly behavioral and just going through my resume. They were nice, but really want you to know when coming in what sector you want to work for at Moody's. Coming from a liberal arts college, they asked a lot about my writing capabilities, so be prepared to have example of some written work.

Interview Questions

• What's an example of something you have written in the past?   Answer Question

Associate Analyst III Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Moody's.

Interview

Interview process was extremely easy. Applied through on campus recruiting. Had a first round interview where they mostly wanted to know your background and if you were smart enough to do the job, not necessarily if you already had the skill set. The interview was not technical.

Interview Questions

• How would you approach a credit rating / what are some ratios you know?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I interviewed at Moody's (New York, NY) in October 2014.

Interview

I got the interview from campus recruiting. Most were normal questions.
    1. Introduce yourself
    2. Why finance
    3. Quantitative skills and qualitative skills
    4. What to bring to Moody's
    5. Behavioral questions

I didn't process to the Super Day. Decision was made in one week.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Moody's (New York, NY) in October 2014.

Interview

First round interview on campus with 2 VPs. Got a call back 2 days later. Next round is super day at their beautiful offices in which I had 5 interviews with 6 people (mostly VPs and above). They called the next day with an offer. The people were not only really nice, but really intelligent as well. The culture seemed to be great and all of the senior management have MBAs or CFAs.

Interview Questions

• You're the lead analyst for a company and you're in a meeting with the CFO and CEO. You can only ask 3 questions. What would you ask?   Answer Question