Moody's Associate Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 9, 2017

2.8

25 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Associate Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Moody's in March 2017.

Interview

Moody's outsources the HR team. The recruiter was very nice and patient. They needs candidates with strong quantitative and programming skills. Finance knowledge is not mandatory.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Moody's

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Moody's (New York, NY).

Interview

Honestly? This company should be completely embarrassed by how their HR is run. This isn't my first time applying at Moody's but it will certainly be my last; this is my third time to have such a negative experience that I felt obligated to write a post on glass door and forewarn people.

They outsource their HR; who are so disorganized and vague it's amazing. A few years ago I spent half a day interviewing at Moody's and the HR rep couldn't be bothered to answer any of my followup emails are calls. Similar experience the second time. This time around, I was invited to an onsite interview, only to promptly be told via email two days later that they went with another candidate.

Company should def be aware the poor treatment but their recruitment people is a solid strategy to lose solid candidates - I will not be applying again, and honestly, I think that's Moody's loss.

Interview Questions

• Typical gov't debt questions   1 Answer

Associate Analyst Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Moody's in December 2016.

Interview

My experience was typical from what I've read here. I initially applied to a lower level position but the recruiter called me and said I'd be a better fit for the AA role. Phone screen with a lead analyst and then was called in for a superday at their office in NYC. People were late, the order of interviewers was not true to schedule, people dropped off and were replaced, and I also had a 2:1 screen. Interviewers ranged from engaged and personable to disinterested and standoffish. The company outsources its HR group, and everything is overall disorganized and felt chaotic. Overall, I'm impressed with the quality of personnel that met with me, though an offer never came.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Moody's (New York, NY).

Interview

Quick, efficient, very general

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Moody's (Philadelphia, PA) in March 2014.

Interview

1 hour, 2 interviewers, in campus interview. I was having nice conversation with 2 VPs in Moody's. This position is allocated to the financial and planning group, which is mainly focus on financial statement for Moody's itself. And my major doesn't fit this position so well. Anyway, two interviewers are aboth nice.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Moody's (New York, NY) in July 2013.

Interview

Combination of phone interviews and in person interviews with multiple people across multiple days. Questions were not overly technical nor were they overly simplistic. A large portion of questions were dedicated to discussing prior background and experience as well as some situational questions. Process in total took about three weeks. HR was helpful in facilitating the process.

Associate Analyst Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Moody's in July 2012.

Interview

Two Rounds of interviews with senior management as well as team members.Questions varied from technical to general. The interviewers were rather friendly and laid back. It took a while to hear back but the HR recruiter kept me up to date.

Interview Questions

• Why should we hire you?
      Are you flexible and able to work long hours and on weekends?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation option

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Moody's (New York, NY) in September 2011.

Interview

Recruiters were responsive; Didn't have to meet with too many people; Questions were mix of behavioral and finance-related; Didn't grill on topics that candidate wouldn't be prepared to respond to based on experience

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Moody's (New York, NY) in June 2011.

Interview

Very rapid fire. Questions not at all related to what the job winded up to be. The interviewers seemed desperate to fill the role, so didn't ask a lot of challenging questions.

Interview Questions

• How would you assess the credit risk of a golf course?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Moody's (New York, NY) in June 2011.

Interview

It was laid back and very pleasant. The people were nice, I felt comfortable and loved it. I am not normally good at interviewing so this was a good fit for me.

Interview Questions

• They kept picking my brain about my regulatory experience.   1 Answer