Moody's Corporation Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Moody's Corporation Interview Questions

Interviews at Moody's Corporation

2.9

1. Featured Interview

Interview

Very friendly and professional interviewers. Had a good overall experience, although process was quite lengthy with multiple interviews and tests. Generally interview was for a large part bases on basic behavioral questions, but also accounting and credit skills.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Moody's role in the financial markets.   Answer Question

Financial Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Moody's Corporation (New York, NY).

Interview

The interview consisted of a phone screen with HR which consisted solely on accounting questions. They let you know pretty quickly if you get the super-day. I then met with a couple of managers who asked accounting based questions as well as behavioral questions. The people i interviewed with overall were very nice. I guess the best thing to do is try to relate with them since not only is the interview testing your knowledge, it is also testing whether you are someone they want to sit next to for 50+ hrs. The accounting question tend to be repetitive for obvious reasons.

Interview Questions

• If you have two companies, one uses LIFO and the other FIFO, which of the two has the most income and which has the most expenses?   1 Answer
    • How does a convertible convertible bond that turns into equity affect the three financial statements?   Answer Question
    • What's the difference between an operational lease and a financial lease?   Answer Question

Financial Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Moody's Corporation (New York, NY).

Interview

Applied online and received invitation for phone interview 1 week later. The phone interview was with a director asking me tougher questions than I thought, mostly technical, and not friendly at all. He seemed like he was in a rush to move on to next task on his calender. A week later I received email for final round. I asked the recruiter for interview info, it took her a while to get back to me. But the final in person interview was great and they were friendly. I met 6 people in the team and the HR was very friendly and agreed to send me emails of all 6 interviewers. But I've never received HR's email. They never got back to me even after I followed up 2-3 times. The way they treat the interviees tells how they treat their employees and I have no interest in working at this firm regardless of the firm reputation.

Analyst Interview

Interview

After first round of interview which was for around 30 minutes, had 4 interviews (30 min each) in the second round. Interview questions revolved around basic finance concepts - npv, cost of debt, bankruptcy etc. The interviews revolved mostly around my past experience and to check if i am a good fit for the role.

Interview Questions

• Basic finance concepts- npv, cost of debt, bankruptcy etc   Answer Question

Associate Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Moody's Corporation (New York, NY) in November 2019.

Interview

Pretty straightforward interview. Was contacted by an internal recruiter and had two rounds of interviews, each including two half-hour sessions with different members of the team. After MD told me "we are looking to move quick, are you around in the next few days" - I didn't hear back for weeks. The recruiter finally got back in touch with me and told me she received good feedback but they were still making their decision. Another few weeks pass - no word or response to my emails. Finally get a response, they went a different direction (no problem), but asked if I would be interested in applying for another role on the same team. I said sure, the recruiter told me she would get back to me in a few days. Never got a response and I've since been completely ghosted. Overall a very frustrating and non-transparent process. I am not upset about not getting an offer, but being strung along with minimal information for literally months is extremely frustrating and unprofessional.

Associate Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Moody's Corporation (New York, NY) in October 2019.

Interview

In person interview and then super day in Manhattan, In person interview was a one on one and then the super day consisted of three interviews, a two on one technical, a two on one behavioral, and a two on one panel with other associate analysts

Interview Questions

• What are the three financial statements and how are they related?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Moody's Corporation in October 2019.

Interview

I applied online and in less than a week I received an email asking to confirm the first-round interview. Phone interview went well, it was about 30 min and I got asked lots of accounting questions and fin statement questions. Got invited to the super day in NYC 5-6 days later.

Associate Analyst III Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Moody's Corporation (New York, NY) in October 2019.

Interview

Interview process consisted of one 30 minute phone conversation. I received an email from the campus recruiter that it was successful and I was invited to final round interviews (on site superday) 9 days from the initial interview. Superday was two interviews one behavioral and the other focused on technical questions with 2 employees of Moodys each, and 1 one on one interview.

Interview Questions

• What are some of the risk of funding through equity and funding through debt.   1 Answer

Investor Services Associate Interview

Application

Interview

I had a regular 30-min behavioral interview with an associate after applying through the university career portal. The interview went over basic questions like "walk me through your resume," "what do you consider a strength/weakness of yours." The one question I did not prepare well was on which service sector I would be most interested in joining.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Moody's Corporation (New York, NY) in September 2019.

Interview

Initial call from recruiter
    Next call from VP.just casual discussion
    Another interview from VP from offshore on all possible technologies. After interview recruiters were totally unavailable. Even VP was non responsive. Totally unprofessional recruiters and VPs.