Moody's Financial Data Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Moody's Financial Data Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Dec 21, 2017

23 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Moody's (New York, NY) in December 2017.

Interview

I applied for the position through the moody's careers website. I was contacted by HR to set up a phone call, spoke within a week or so about the position.

Interview Questions

• Know what goes on each financial statement. What goes on the balance sheet, income statement, etc. Name a non depreciating asset.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Moody's

Financial Data Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Moody's.

Interview

Hr called. very nice lady. Salary discussed in the beginning 54K. No bonus. very low salary. overtime available up to 3000K. Behavioral questions and 5 very easy accounting questions.

Interview Questions

• 1.Why this particular role 2. Previous experience 3. Bond rating? 4. Liquidity? 5. Income statement   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Moody's (New York, NY) in April 2017.

Interview

It was a phone screening interview by a recruiter. The first several questions were based on the past experiences on my resume. Then some technical questions based on financial statements and bonds.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Interview

applied through the website. I had a phone interview. THE HR was super nice!!! Unfortunately, they don't sponsor working visa. Therefore i was not invited to the next interview and then stopped the interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Moody's (New York, NY) in January 2016.

Interview

Phone interview with a member from the HR team. It was mostly a technical skills screening process with questions from accounting (basic) and excel etc. Some questions on fit the classic walk me through your resume etc.

Interview Questions

• Q. If you had to chose only one financial statement, which one would you choose?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Moody's (New York, NY) in April 2014.

Interview

I received a call from a recruiter asking basic background questions some very basic accounting questions (like what does GAAP stand for). He stated the salary range right off the bat too. A couple of days later I got a call from another recruiter saying the managers would like to interview me. I met with 4 different individuals (managers and another FDA). They all asked different questions testing different things. Definitely know your financial statements, they ask about specific line items. If you say you speak a language make sure you can speak, write and read as they will test you on this briefly. I was then asked to stay longer and meet with the Global Manager and another FDA. Got a call about a week later with an offer.

Interview Questions

• Can you name an off balance sheet liability?   1 Answer
    • Where can you find Retained Earnings?   1 Answer
    • What is the difference between depreciation and amortization?   1 Answer

Negotiation

After I received an offer I asked for more, and they came back a few hours later meeting me in the middle.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Moody's (New York, NY) in April 2014.

Interview

Phone interview with manager and then in person interview with AVP, two managers and one team lead. Each interviewer took half hour Got the offer after one week from HR. The team lead gave me a account test, and other other interviewers asked behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• Accounting questions: Balance sheet, income statements.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Moody's (New York, NY) in November 2012.

Interview

Applied online and received an email to set up a phone interview about 2 weeks later. In the phone interview I was asked a few accounting questions and then told they would follow up with the hiring manager. A few days later they contacted me to schedule an interview. I interviewed with a manager and two employees. The questions were all relatively straight forward and just asked about my experiences and why I would make a good fit. A couple of days later I was asked to come in again and meet with another manager who asked similar questions. After another few days I was told by the initial HR contact that my interviews had gone very well and then a week later I received an offer.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Given that I had very little experience, I did not attempt to negotiate. The offer was presented and it seemed like they had an exact number in mind and there wasn't much room for negotiation.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Moody's (New York, NY) in June 2010.

Interview

Got the position opening through professional networking organization like, Ascend.
    Then recruiter contacted me via phone to ask if I want and can interview with the role.
    They sent out a list of interviewers including time slot for the date, I had 6 scheduled on the same day.
    So, when we got there, we got to meet 6 professionals, either peers, managers, HR, in about 30 mins time frame each for the whole morning.
    After the day, I was given respond via email within a few days.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

no opportunity was given. Salary amount was given at the first time they contacted me.
    Did not make effort to negotiate the salary

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Moody's (New York, NY) in December 2008.

Interview

Intereview with the manager

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Not much negotiation