Moody's Financial Data Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 5, 2017

2.0

11 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Financial Data Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Moody's in August 2017.

Interview

FAIR WARNING TO FUTURE APPLICANTS.

I applied to Moody’s for the position and got an email from HR to set up an initial phone interview. The next step is a phone call with one of the managers, then I got called down to the office for an in person interview. The initial process took roughly 2-3 weeks before an in person interview, and HR was up to date throughout the process.

After the on site interview, you are completely ghosted from everyone you talk to from HR to the managers you interview with. The company doesn’t even have the decency to keep you updated throughout the process. I realize hiring may take long, but after following up numerous times, no one even has the initiative to reach back out to you.

It is a shame that a company of this magnitude doesn’t even have the professionalism to reach back out to potential new hires. They don’t update your online applicant status, or reach back out via email or phone. They tell you they are looking to move “quick” and will have a decision “within 1-2 weeks.” Completely unprofessional on all accounts by ghosting candidates and make them wonder where they stand. It’s pathetic and hopefully they are able to improve on this considering the line of business the company does.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Moody's

Financial Data Associate Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Moody's in July 2017.

Interview

I never applied for the job as I was not really looking. I got a call from a recruiter saying they have a position I might be interested in. I told them sure why not can't hurt to keep your interview skills sharp. Got an email next day for interview setup.

I interviewed with a few guys (3) the first asked me general questions and it was a good flow. 2nd guy was nice we talked about random things. 3rd guy was the issue. He was nice but I can see that he hated his job and looked miserable. He had no professional manners and looked like the type that settled on an easy gig and worked his way up a short ladder. I had read that this certain line office was a joke in Moody's and no one takes them serious. This confirmed that. I already had a great job paying more than the manager that was interviewing pays I was just looking to get some big name company on my resume for grad school. They told me if I was to work there I'd have to forget about going to school because it's too hard. I worked 60 hours waiting tables took 5 classes and ran an academic club during my bachelors. I can manage a paper pushing job and grad school. They just seemed like ppl who have no motivation in life. One of the managers tried to brag to me that he had traveled to London and Germany thanks to Moody's. I laughed inside because I had been to 4 countries in 6 months prior to the interview so I wasn't impressed. Also the one part that was pathetic is they never even send you a sorry we decided to go with another candidate email. I mean I took the time out to write a thank you letter to a job I won't accept they can show the same respect. I'd never apply here again.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Moody's (New York, NY) in May 2016.

Interview

I had a phone pre screen- I was then brought in to the New York office for a panel interview. It was very casual meeting. Everyone was very welcoming and friendly. The interview itself was not difficult, very basic questions based from my resume.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Moody's (New York, NY) in September 2015.

Interview

-Phone interview with recruiter, than two interviews with manager and associate. Went in to the NYC office and interviewed in an office and conference room. Very casual. They asked very routine interview questions

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Moody's (New York, NY) in March 2014.

Interview

Temp-to-hire, phone interview, gave job through phone. That's when I knew this wasn't a glorious job. It was a rather easy experience but again, if they offer a job over the phone, the job probably sucks (it was a temp-to-hire)

Interview Questions

• Why Moodys? Very basic questions, not really behavioral. Tell me about your resume, tell me about a time where you had a problem and how did you solve it. I can't think of any others but it wasn't hard.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Moody's (San Francisco, CA) in September 2013.

Interview

Initially applied online and contacted by phone from HR specialist explaining the role and asking a few questions (general, resume Q's). Next set up interview in office, spoke with 1 team leader of global middle office, and then spoke with VP of global middle office via phone conference. Still waiting to hear back from interviewers

Interview Questions

• Nothing too difficult, just understanding of basic finance/accounting   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Moody's (New York, NY) in September 2011.

Interview

Applied on their website and received a call for an interview a few days later. Consisted of 3 separate parts, the first with the HR director, the second with employees that were already doing the Financial Data Associate position, and the last with the department supervisor. All were very friendly and straight forward. Mostly asked general behavioral questions and about future plans.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Moody's (New York, NY) in September 2011.

Interview

People that interviewed me were very nice and asked the typical behavioral questions as well as review my resume in detail. There were three separate interviews back-to-back (HR Manager, Group Interview with current Financial Data Associates, and finally a Manager for the Financial Data Associate group). Each interview was very detailed and moved along very smoothly and you don't notice that 3 interviews in one day. I felt I got along with the members well and had a very positive interview session. However, did not receive an offer, but it was a great experience and felt like a great place to work for. The building is very modern and the business atmosphere is quiet, but also very busy. Definitely worth the shot.

Interview Questions

• Describe your biggest strength and weakness? Why should we hire you over someone else? They expect about a 2-year commitment to stay with the company so the person can contribute and gain the necessary experience.   Answer Question

Financial Data Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Moody's (London, England (UK)) in March 2017.

Interview

I applied the position online and received a phone interview within a week. The next step was a on-site interview, first with two senior assoicates, next was the manager and the region head at last. Each took around 30mins and they were all friendly and responsive. They did try their best to describe all the stuff you wanted to know about Moody's.

The interview process was smooth and easy, and I was waiting for the next round interview after that. However, one month past and nothing happened. I did send an enquiry email to the HR but no respond unsurprisingly. After few more weeks, I finally received an email from the HR but she was not even answering my question, indeed, she just forward my email to another colleague of her.

The HR department is simply a joke and not professional at all given the prestige and global presence of the company. Disappointed.

Financial Data Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Moody's (London, England (UK)) in January 2017.

Interview

got a prescreen e-mail, first e-mail to arrange a call and the final phone interview. Only fit questions probably because of the simple plain data entry character of the position

Interview Questions

• walk me through your resume...
      why do you want to wark for moody's
      simple fit questions, no technicals   Answer Question