Moody's Associate Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Moody's Associate Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Mar 3, 2017

2.7

Associate Analyst II Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Moody's.

Interview

7 people in total, pretty quick. I got through referral. The HR team will negotiate down your salary and title. Be careful! Be familiar with methodology and get prepared. Questions are not too difficult.

Interview Questions

• What's data? How we rate transactions? What do you know about our rating process and what do you think of this industry?   Answer Question

Associate Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Moody's (New York, NY).

Interview

Honestly? This company should be completely embarrassed by how their HR is run. This isn't my first time applying at Moody's but it will certainly be my last; this is my third time to have such a negative experience that I felt obligated to write a post on glass door and forewarn people.

They outsource their HR; who are so disorganized and vague it's amazing. A few years ago I spent half a day interviewing at Moody's and the HR rep couldn't be bothered to answer any of my followup emails are calls. Similar experience the second time. This time around, I was invited to an onsite interview, only to promptly be told via email two days later that they went with another candidate.

Company should def be aware the poor treatment but their recruitment people is a solid strategy to lose solid candidates - I will not be applying again, and honestly, I think that's Moody's loss.

Interview Questions

• Typical gov't debt questions   1 Answer

Associate Analyst Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Moody's in December 2016.

Interview

My experience was typical from what I've read here. I initially applied to a lower level position but the recruiter called me and said I'd be a better fit for the AA role. Phone screen with a lead analyst and then was called in for a superday at their office in NYC. People were late, the order of interviewers was not true to schedule, people dropped off and were replaced, and I also had a 2:1 screen. Interviewers ranged from engaged and personable to disinterested and standoffish. The company outsources its HR group, and everything is overall disorganized and felt chaotic. Overall, I'm impressed with the quality of personnel that met with me, though an offer never came.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Moody's (New York, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

Applied through campus recruiter. Completed first round of interviews on site at the New York office, invited back for second round. Interviewed with 4 different people the first time, 5 the second time. Process took about 6 weeks.

Interview Questions

• Describe the line items on an income statement. What is the difference between free cash flow and EBITDA? Basic behavioral questions. Why Moody's, etc.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Moody's (New York, NY).

Interview

I applied through my university. Got a phone call to schedule an on campus interview. Easy 1 on 1 then an email asking to go to the office for 2nd round interviews this time with 4-5 people interviewing you back to back. Basic behavioral questions. Mostly a conversation.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself? Why Moody's? Experiences on resume. Background   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Moody's (New York, NY).

Interview

Extremely unprofessional and inconsiderate. Takes weeks and weeks to get any response from HR. The worst experience I ever had interviewing for finance jobs (I've interviewed with dozens of firms including prestigious bulge bracket and middle market banks). Absolutely terrible

Interview Questions

• How do you derive an interest rate   1 Answer

Associate Analyst I - Public Finance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Moody's (New York, NY) in January 2016.

Interview

I applied to position throughout the company's website. I received an initial phone call from Human Resources which resulted in a pre-interview telephone/screening. I received a second phone from Human Resources to bring me in for a in-person interview with three VP's (Senior Credit Analysts). The in-person interviews were 30 minutes each and consisted of basic "getting to know you" questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself.   1 Answer
    • Why are you leaving your current position?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Moody's (New York, NY) in December 2015.

Interview

Sent out an online application, recruiter contacted me an hour later via email for a phone screen. A week later, received a call to set up Super Day times at their office in NYC. Met with 3 different groups, two representing one group and the other two groups having just one interviewer. Questions depended on the group in question; Credit Policy mainly asked about past experience while Structured Finance went with technical questions via examples. Given about 35 minutes per group, so not much time to ask questions afterward.

Did not receive any email or phone call with rejection asides from the usual 'thank you' from their automated email.

Interview Questions

• (Graph drawn of a long call) Tell me where it is profitable to exercise a call option?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Moody's (New York, NY) in October 2015.

Interview

I applied through the school career center. I've only gone through the first round on campus interview and it was mainly behavioral questions. I had two interviews for corporate and structured finance. Both interviewers were very friendly and approachable - it was more like a discussion than an interview. I got a really good vibe from them, they seem to truly care about their employees.

Interview Questions

• How are your writing skills and research skills? How would you go about researching a company?   Answer Question

Associate Analyst II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Moody's (San Francisco, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

Interview with the recruiter, which was about salary and benefit expectations. Phone Interview with hiring manager. In-person interview with hiring manager, which was more of a performance evaluation followed by two Vice Presidents, one Analyst. Personal questions are asked first to sense style, followed by skills, background, and interests. Overall, they're looking for somebody who will adapt to the bureaucracy. No call backs after 2 and half months. Recruiter's number is disabled.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever had to deliver bad news? If so, how did you phrase it?   Answer Question
    • Q: What is your experience in Governmental Accounting? What would you change if anything?   1 Answer