Moody's Associate Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Moody's Associate Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Apr 9, 2017

2.7

Associate Analyst Interview

Interview

Got contacted by HR, met with two analysts in the team

Interview Questions

• why should we hire you instead of other more experienced candidates?   Answer Question

Associate Analyst Interview

Interview

3 face to face interviews
    2 telephone interviews
    writing test, math test, verbal test, accounting test
    Process was divided in 2 days. First day interviews. Second day interviews and tests. Approximately, it took 2 half days to complete the overall process. This is excluding a pre-screening telephone interview with an HR representative.

Associate Analyst II Interview

Interview

first phone screening with hr and then do the online application, Hr will send the link
    second round one with team member and onsite with VP and other members and hr

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Moody's (New York, NY).

Interview

Honestly? This company should be completely embarrassed by how their HR is run. This isn't my first time applying at Moody's but it will certainly be my last; this is my third time to have such a negative experience that I felt obligated to write a post on glass door and forewarn people.

They outsource their HR; who are so disorganized and vague it's amazing. A few years ago I spent half a day interviewing at Moody's and the HR rep couldn't be bothered to answer any of my followup emails are calls. Similar experience the second time. This time around, I was invited to an onsite interview, only to promptly be told via email two days later that they went with another candidate.

Company should def be aware the poor treatment but their recruitment people is a solid strategy to lose solid candidates - I will not be applying again, and honestly, I think that's Moody's loss.

Interview Questions

• Typical gov't debt questions   1 Answer

Associate Analyst Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Moody's in December 2016.

Interview

My experience was typical from what I've read here. I initially applied to a lower level position but the recruiter called me and said I'd be a better fit for the AA role. Phone screen with a lead analyst and then was called in for a superday at their office in NYC. People were late, the order of interviewers was not true to schedule, people dropped off and were replaced, and I also had a 2:1 screen. Interviewers ranged from engaged and personable to disinterested and standoffish. The company outsources its HR group, and everything is overall disorganized and felt chaotic. Overall, I'm impressed with the quality of personnel that met with me, though an offer never came.

Associate Analyst - Banking Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Moody's (London, England (UK)) in May 2012.

Interview

Phone interview + assessment center (group presentation, then accounting, numeracy and writing tests, 2:1 interview)

Interview Questions

• How do you keep yourself informed?   1 Answer
    • Can you talk about one of the major trends affecting the banking sector?   1 Answer

Associate Analyst III Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Moody's.

Interview

Interview process was extremely easy. Applied through on campus recruiting. Had a first round interview where they mostly wanted to know your background and if you were smart enough to do the job, not necessarily if you already had the skill set. The interview was not technical.

Interview Questions

• How would you approach a credit rating / what are some ratios you know?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation

Associate Analyst II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Moody's (New York, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

very relaxed. Interviewed with 3 VPS and senior analysts. general questions about my background and why moodys. Questions regarding credit analysis and factors driving an analysis. personality questions like what do i do on my free time. How did i enjoy school. Time management questions.

Interview Questions

• -why moodys
      -tell me about yourself
      1 Answer

Associate Analyst I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Moody's (New York, NY) in August 2015.

Interview

I had a phone interview after applying online first. Historically, I have had very little success in getting responses from an online application. Moody's was the exception. The HR recruiter called me and left a message to call back. Once we setup a time to talk the phone screen was very simple.

Associate Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Moody's in January 2008.

Interview

not well structured & sloppy

Interview Questions

Negotiation

bonus component very limited and not really negotibale