Moody's Associate Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Moody's Associate Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Mar 3, 2017

2.7

Associate Analyst II Interview

Interview

first phone screening with hr and then do the online application, Hr will send the link
    second round one with team member and onsite with VP and other members and hr

Associate Analyst III Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Moody's.

Interview

Met a recruiter at a career fair, who then referred to me another recruiter who happened to be looking to fill the role. After explaining what I was looking for he decided I would be a fit for the role. He then passed my resume along to the hiring manager, an SVP. I then had a phone interview with the SVP a few days later. After a few days, I was invited to an on-site interview where I was interviewed by 4 members on the team I would be working with.

Interview Questions

• They asked a few technical questions about the subject matter.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Moody's (New York, NY) in August 2015.

Interview

I had a phone interview after applying online first. Historically, I have had very little success in getting responses from an online application. Moody's was the exception. The HR recruiter called me and left a message to call back. Once we setup a time to talk the phone screen was very simple.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Moody's (New York, NY) in July 2015.

Interview

Phone screening with HR first. Scheduled in person interview the week after. In person interview had both panels and 1 on 1 with the team members. Some technical questions but not too hard. The team members are nice and friendly. Hear back from the HR a week after the in person interview.

Interview Questions

• Give me some deal specific details that you did in your previous job.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Moody's (New York, NY).

Interview

First did a a presentation and Q&A session for 1 hour, then 5 back to back interviews, each for 45 minutes. Interview panel includes a hiring manager, the director of the team, the colleague, two manager at other group. Various questions were asked,ranging from introducing CV to technical questions. Intensive interviews, Interviewers are friendly though.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Moody's (New York, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

I interviewed through on-campus recruiting, so there was a behavioral two-on-one interview on campus (30 min), and final rounds were held in-office, with 2 back-to-back thirty minute interviews. The first round was very behavioral - just a get-to-know you type of interview with a couple of questions about what the company does and what the role of the specific position is. Final rounds were a little more difficult - I was constantly drilled on how I am a good fit for this specific position and how my skills were quantitative.

Interview Questions

• Do you know what SFG does?   1 Answer
    • What does Moody's do?   Answer Question
    • Tell me why I would want to live in your hometown.   Answer Question
    • What do you think it takes to be successful at Moody's? (and follow up question: how do you have these skills?)   Answer Question

Associate Analyst II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Moody's (New York, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

very relaxed. Interviewed with 3 VPS and senior analysts. general questions about my background and why moodys. Questions regarding credit analysis and factors driving an analysis. personality questions like what do i do on my free time. How did i enjoy school. Time management questions.

Interview Questions

• -why moodys
      -tell me about yourself
      1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Moody's (New York, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

I had 3 interviews each with people from a different sector. It was mainly behavioral and just going through my resume. They were nice, but really want you to know when coming in what sector you want to work for at Moody's. Coming from a liberal arts college, they asked a lot about my writing capabilities, so be prepared to have example of some written work.

Interview Questions

• What's an example of something you have written in the past?   Answer Question

Associate Analyst III Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Moody's.

Interview

Interview process was extremely easy. Applied through on campus recruiting. Had a first round interview where they mostly wanted to know your background and if you were smart enough to do the job, not necessarily if you already had the skill set. The interview was not technical.

Interview Questions

• How would you approach a credit rating / what are some ratios you know?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I interviewed at Moody's (New York, NY) in October 2014.

Interview

I got the interview from campus recruiting. Most were normal questions.
    1. Introduce yourself
    2. Why finance
    3. Quantitative skills and qualitative skills
    4. What to bring to Moody's
    5. Behavioral questions

I didn't process to the Super Day. Decision was made in one week.