Moody's Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Moody's Interview Questions

Updated Jul 7, 2017

2.8

Associate Analyst II Interview

Interview

first phone screening with hr and then do the online application, Hr will send the link
    second round one with team member and onsite with VP and other members and hr

Financial Data Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Moody's (New York, NY) in September 2015.

Interview

-Phone interview with recruiter, than two interviews with manager and associate. Went in to the NYC office and interviewed in an office and conference room. Very casual. They asked very routine interview questions

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Moody's.

Interview

Met a recruiter at a career fair, who then referred to me another recruiter who happened to be looking to fill the role. After explaining what I was looking for he decided I would be a fit for the role. He then passed my resume along to the hiring manager, an SVP. I then had a phone interview with the SVP a few days later. After a few days, I was invited to an on-site interview where I was interviewed by 4 members on the team I would be working with.

Interview Questions

• They asked a few technical questions about the subject matter.   1 Answer

Clerical Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Moody's in September 2015.

Interview

Completely unorganized and unprofessional. Never got feedback nor any updates through human resources. They said they will get back to you and never do. You have a better chance winning the lottery if any. Not good for prospective employees or current. Move on.

Solutions Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Moody's in September 2015.

Interview

Telephone interview with hiring manager then flown to Omaha,NE for 4 face-to-face interviews. Very pleasant experience. Interviews were conversations in nature with 4 individuals that presented the company as a challenging, yet rewarding career.

No offer as yet after 14 days including a holiday.

Interview Questions

• personal experiences related to position   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Moody's (New York, NY) in August 2015.

Interview

I had a phone interview after applying online first. Historically, I have had very little success in getting responses from an online application. Moody's was the exception. The HR recruiter called me and left a message to call back. Once we setup a time to talk the phone screen was very simple.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Moody's (New York, NY) in July 2015.

Interview

Phone screening with HR first. Scheduled in person interview the week after. In person interview had both panels and 1 on 1 with the team members. Some technical questions but not too hard. The team members are nice and friendly. Hear back from the HR a week after the in person interview.

Interview Questions

• Give me some deal specific details that you did in your previous job.   1 Answer

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Moody's in May 2015.

Interview

The recruiter found me. I had a phone interview. Sent in my resume and my code. I have another phone interview coming up! I am hoping to get the job. Overall, I had a great experience. I have a heavy background in coding and quantitative finance computational methods and analysis.

Interview Questions

• What is my passion? What are my software skills? Did I have courses on credit and Altman z-scores? What do I envision for my career in the future? I ask good questions too, so I had a great time.   Answer Question

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Moody's (New York, NY) in May 2015.

Interview

I had phone call with Human Resources person. That was followed by on-line application and a series of disclosure forms. Then I met hiring manager and two other individuals, one who would work closely with the new hire and one in a similar job elsewhere in the company.

Interview Questions

• How do I prioritize when "everything" is a "number one priority"?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Moody's (New York, NY).

Interview

First did a a presentation and Q&A session for 1 hour, then 5 back to back interviews, each for 45 minutes. Interview panel includes a hiring manager, the director of the team, the colleague, two manager at other group. Various questions were asked,ranging from introducing CV to technical questions. Intensive interviews, Interviewers are friendly though.