Moody's Interview Questions in New York City, NY | Glassdoor

2.7

117 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Moody's (New York, NY) in October 2017.

Interview

First round was a call with a current group director. Really nice, mostly just fit and past experiences. The second/final round was a superset in their NY office, pretty quick, did two interviews with two people at a time. Both were a combination of resume/past experience and technicals.

Interview Questions

• What ratios do you find most important in evaluating a company?   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Moody's (New York, NY) in September 2017.

Interview

The recruiter the company employed had no idea which position they were interviewing me for. They asked me questions that are illegal and were very pushy and rude when I deferred. The recruiter mentioned several times that they were unlikely to remember me and my responses because they talk to so many people a day. I was not confident that they would be able to pass on appropriate notes to the hiring manager about my suitability for the role.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Moody's (New York, NY) in August 2017.

Interview

applied through a recruiting company and got a face-to-face interview after couple weeks. The whole process was really easy and pleasant. I was interviewed by the project manager, she briefly asked my previous experience and asked my background. Then I talked to the VP, and it was short and pleasant.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Moody's (New York, NY).

Interview

initial 15 minute chat w/ hr about the position after applying on their website. scheduled a convenient time to interview for 30 minutes each w/ 4 analysts a week or so later. the analysts were a mix of senior analysts in the group and the manager.

Interview Questions

• asked generic questions about reasons for leaving, why moody's etc. the group specific question was, if you were to rate your college, how would you do it?   Answer Question

Release Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Moody's (New York, NY) in July 2017.

Interview

Phone screen with upper management. Syntelinc they have the IT contract. They wanted a complete breakdown of every job I have worked. It was nonstop harassment. I have never experience anything like this before. WARNING: Beware of this company.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about everything you every worked on. Over one hour and half. It was insane!   1 Answer
    • What is your age? asked three times. Weight? asked twice, Have you missed any work do to health issues, because I'm Veteran ? asked twice.   1 Answer
    • What's you sexual orientation ?   1 Answer
    • After one hour and half, being asked to break down every possible little thing.   1 Answer

Human Resources Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Moody's (New York, NY) in April 2017.

Interview

Prolonged and misleading.
    I applied through LinkedIn, after approximately 2 weeks got callback from recruiter. After the first phone interview, I was interviewed by two current employees/directors from the team I'll be working with. This 2 to 1 interview was partially affected by signal problem. The two directors were apparently experienced but reluctant to answer my questions about the position and refused to give me contact to stay in touch.
    Later I've reached out to the recruiter a few more times, after making me waited for A MONTH this recruiter told me the job will be based in a different location and they'll be looking for candidates from inside.
    Not getting a job was normal and I understand company has different demands. What pissed me off was how slow the whole process went, plus they completely wasted my time. If you want to hire from inside, why not interview internal candidates first and then go outside?

Office Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Moody's (New York, NY) in April 2017.

Interview

The interview was perhaps 40-45 minutes long and majority of the interview was resume based. The two interviewers were very nice and personable. It was held at World Trade Center 7 and their offices are quiet but beautiful.

Interview Questions

• They asked me a lot about my past experiences   1 Answer

Fda Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Moody's (New York, NY) in April 2017.

Interview

First I applied online, then after three days I had an interview over the phone. After three days I got an email to schedule interview in person with three managers.

It took about two hours the whole interview.

Interview Questions

• Accounting questions like "what are the three major elements of accounting ?"   1 Answer

Financial Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Moody's (New York, NY) in April 2017.

Interview

It was a phone screening interview by a recruiter. The first several questions were based on the past experiences on my resume. Then some technical questions based on financial statements and bonds.

AVP-Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Moody's (New York, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

Process consisted of a phone screen with a recruiter and later, an on-site interview with six employees. The process initially moved quickly, but after the final round of interviews took nearly two months to receive an answer. Recruiters are outsourced and very disorganized. It took constant following up with them to get a definitive answer as to my candidacy, thus left a very sour taste (I'd only be told they aren't ready to give an offer but they aren't ready to close the door either). I got the impression the recruiters are too timid/reactionary to ask hiring managers for input/feedback or next steps therefore the process can stall.

Interview Questions

• Mostly behavioral but understand what it takes to write a ratings report and have ideas for research   Answer Question