Moody's Interview Questions in New York, NY | Glassdoor

Moody's Interview Questions in New York, NY

Updated Jan 3, 2017

2.7

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Moody's (New York, NY).

Interview

Extremely unprofessional and inconsiderate. Takes weeks and weeks to get any response from HR. The worst experience I ever had interviewing for finance jobs (I've interviewed with dozens of firms including prestigious bulge bracket and middle market banks). Absolutely terrible

Interview Questions

• How do you derive an interest rate   1 Answer

Technical Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Moody's (New York, NY) in February 2016.

Interview

Slow, average. Behavioral based - less concerned about Technical skills fir example - what would you do if you found a major flaw in a critical technical design that was scheduled to go live in days?

Interview Questions

• Behavioral based - less concerned about Technical skills   Answer Question

Associate Analyst I - Public Finance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Moody's (New York, NY) in January 2016.

Interview

I applied to position throughout the company's website. I received an initial phone call from Human Resources which resulted in a pre-interview telephone/screening. I received a second phone from Human Resources to bring me in for a in-person interview with three VP's (Senior Credit Analysts). The in-person interviews were 30 minutes each and consisted of basic "getting to know you" questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself.   1 Answer
    • Why are you leaving your current position?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Moody's (New York, NY) in December 2015.

Interview

Sent out an online application, recruiter contacted me an hour later via email for a phone screen. A week later, received a call to set up Super Day times at their office in NYC. Met with 3 different groups, two representing one group and the other two groups having just one interviewer. Questions depended on the group in question; Credit Policy mainly asked about past experience while Structured Finance went with technical questions via examples. Given about 35 minutes per group, so not much time to ask questions afterward.

Did not receive any email or phone call with rejection asides from the usual 'thank you' from their automated email.

Interview Questions

• (Graph drawn of a long call) Tell me where it is profitable to exercise a call option?   Answer Question

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Moody's (New York, NY).

Interview

Hiring process started on LinkedIn where I submitted an application. I received an email from who I believe is a recruiter where I had a phone interview with. A couple weeks passed when I was informed that the team would like to have an in-person interview with me where I met with 1 team member and a manager. I was then called back a couple of weeks later to speak to another manager of the team and an upper manager.

The first manager I spoke to was more technical and the second manager was more personality/situation based.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Moody's (New York, NY) in October 2015.

Interview

I applied through the school career center. I've only gone through the first round on campus interview and it was mainly behavioral questions. I had two interviews for corporate and structured finance. Both interviewers were very friendly and approachable - it was more like a discussion than an interview. I got a really good vibe from them, they seem to truly care about their employees.

Interview Questions

• How are your writing skills and research skills? How would you go about researching a company?   Answer Question

IT Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Moody's (New York, NY) in October 2015.

Interview

I would classify the interview as gauntlet .. average was 4-6 each time, no lunch and I had to request a bio break. No real question out of the ordinary .. most of the interviewing is done by staff that are higher than the position I was applying for.

Financial Data Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Moody's (New York, NY) in September 2015.

Interview

-Phone interview with recruiter, than two interviews with manager and associate. Went in to the NYC office and interviewed in an office and conference room. Very casual. They asked very routine interview questions

Associate Analyst I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Moody's (New York, NY) in August 2015.

Interview

I had a phone interview after applying online first. Historically, I have had very little success in getting responses from an online application. Moody's was the exception. The HR recruiter called me and left a message to call back. Once we setup a time to talk the phone screen was very simple.

Associate Analyst I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Moody's (New York, NY) in July 2015.

Interview

Phone screening with HR first. Scheduled in person interview the week after. In person interview had both panels and 1 on 1 with the team members. Some technical questions but not too hard. The team members are nice and friendly. Hear back from the HR a week after the in person interview.

Interview Questions

• Give me some deal specific details that you did in your previous job.   1 Answer