Moody's Interview Questions in New York, NY | Glassdoor

2.7

112 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Associate, Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Moody's (New York, NY).

Interview

I applied online(cannot remember what job board) and was contacted by a recruiter to schedule a phone interview. The phone interview was basic about 15 mins long. Then a few days later i was contacted by another recruiter who wanted to schedule the in person interview,she mentioned it would be with 3 to 4 people of the company. I had previously interviewed at the company a couple years back so i already knew that.(The first time, it was literally the most draining experience ever...I was there for 2 1/2 hours-didnt get the job of course).

Anyway, back to the current interview, this time the in person interview was with the following:
    VP of the service team-30 minutes
    AVP recruiter-30 mins
    2 service team associates-30 to 45 mins

Overall this interview was not as draining, but still took a while(over 1.5 hour) and each interviewer wanted me to go over my resume/background and what I am looking for as my next job/career path and why I chose HR. The questions are very general/basic.

The interview process is way too long, if they do this lenght of interviews daily, do they actually get any real work done?

No offer, yet.

Interview Questions

• Can you please go over your resume/background?
      Why have you chosen HR?
      How do you organize/prioritize your work?   Answer Question

Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Moody's (New York, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

The firm first interviewed a number of candidates with one senior person after their in-house recruiter did an initial screening. Once the first interview was over a smaller number of candidates came back to meet more people after which a final offer will be made to one candidate.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Moody's (New York, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

Applied through campus recruiter. Completed first round of interviews on site at the New York office, invited back for second round. Interviewed with 4 different people the first time, 5 the second time. Process took about 6 weeks.

Interview Questions

• Describe the line items on an income statement. What is the difference between free cash flow and EBITDA? Basic behavioral questions. Why Moody's, etc.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Moody's (New York, NY).

Interview

I applied through my university. Got a phone call to schedule an on campus interview. Easy 1 on 1 then an email asking to go to the office for 2nd round interviews this time with 4-5 people interviewing you back to back. Basic behavioral questions. Mostly a conversation.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself? Why Moody's? Experiences on resume. Background   1 Answer

VP-Senior Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Moody's (New York, NY) in August 2016.

Interview

Pretty standard process, but a lenght one. Speaked with dozen people, I was not expecting a positive outcome. Everyone is very polite and well prepared, sounds like a good company.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Moody's?
      The interview included a broad description of D&I policies and how the company appraises integrity.   1 Answer

Financial Data Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Moody's (New York, NY) in May 2016.

Interview

I had a phone pre screen- I was then brought in to the New York office for a panel interview. It was very casual meeting. Everyone was very welcoming and friendly. The interview itself was not difficult, very basic questions based from my resume.

Billing Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Moody's (New York, NY) in April 2016.

Interview

Waited 40 minutes until someone was ready to interview me. Was directed to walk there by myself. Everyone was friendly and asked a lot of questions about my background and experience. No one had a copy of my resume but I brought copies. They didn't have a note pad to take notes but some of them wrote notes on my resume during it. I thought it went well but didn't hear back until I emailed the recruiter for an update. A different recruiter emailed me back that they were looking into other candidates.

Interview Questions

• What do you enjoy most about with your current job and what are you looking forward to doing with this position and team?   Answer Question

Intermediate Auditor Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Moody's (New York, NY) in April 2016.

Interview

I was first contacted by a recruiter and did a phone screening. I was told that if the hiring manager liked my resume they would call. The call was followed up by an email to arrange a second interview with the hiring manager. Then I was contacted by the immediate HR recruiter for an in-person interview. I then interviewed with 4 people 2 AVP's,1 VP and the audit manager which was the hiring manager. Then 40 mins after my interview they contacted me and told me it hey liked me and will be in touch. The contacted me a second time a week after to ensure I am still interested. The offer can two days after the last call.

Interview Questions

• What are the potential risk Moody's might encounter when rating a company abroad? What are the disadvantages?   1 Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Moody's (New York, NY) in April 2016.

Interview

I was asked to do a phone interview which was then followed by in-person interview. At the in-person interview, I met with several people one at a time. Everyone was friendly and helpful. Overall, it was a very good interview experience.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Moody's (New York, NY).

Interview

Extremely unprofessional and inconsiderate. Takes weeks and weeks to get any response from HR. The worst experience I ever had interviewing for finance jobs (I've interviewed with dozens of firms including prestigious bulge bracket and middle market banks). Absolutely terrible

Interview Questions

• How do you derive an interest rate   1 Answer