Moody's Interview Questions in United Kingdom | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 28, 2017

3.1

40 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

HR Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Moody's.

Interview

First interview was a Video interview with a manager in an overseas office - video was not set up when I arrived. I waited for 10 minutes before going back to reception to ask for assistance. It then took further 5 minutes to get the connection up and running. Not a good first impression. Video quality was poor, the face of the interviewer obscured which made it very difficult to get eye contact or see the facial expressions.

Second interview in person with two interviewers who came across as very inexperienced. They strictly stick to their prepared questions with no follow up questions and free flowing conversation. It was very much a they asked a question, which I answered and they moved on to the next questions. One of the most ineffective interviews I have ever taken part in.

Never received any feedback, I chased the in-house recruiter several times. Found out not having been successful when recruitment agencies started contacting me about the very same job about a month later.

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Moody's (London, England (UK)) in September 2017.

Interview

I was contacted by HR via phone around 10 days after my application. Easy questions (why I have applied, right to work in the UK, salary expectations, descriptions of following steps). I was invited to their London office for a face to face interview with hiring managers and interview lasted 1 hour. Very specific questions. I haven't heard from them for around 3 weeks. In the end I received a call from the same HR lady that contacted me to let me know they did not selected me but put my application 'on hold'. She gave me a good feedback review which I highly appreciated. She listed my strengths and my weaknesses. For future applications (if any) I was told I will have to demonstrate I have worked around my weaknesses. I liked this approach, very professional and constructive for my persona/professional growth!

Interview Questions

• 1. Question: Who do you think we are looking for?   1 Answer
    • Are you able to explain the steps behind a Credit Loan Obligation (the position was within the securitization team therefore the question).   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Moody's (London, England (UK)) in August 2017.

Interview

I got called by a lovely HR lady, she asked me a few questions regarding my previous experience and a few accounting and Excel questions.
    I then got invited to the next stage, the face to face interview

Interview Questions

• Previous background. How comfortable are you with Excel?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Moody's (London, England (UK)).

Interview

There were 2 people (manager + FDA), all the interview process last for 1 hour. When I arrived, they ask me about my previous experiences and my studies; then, for 45 minutes they test me in accounting with very specific questions.

Interview Questions

• There are elements that are not on the balance sheet but affect it, examples? why we are interested in these elements?   1 Answer

Associate Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Moody's (London, England (UK)) in June 2017.

Interview

I had a short discussion with HR and then I was invited for a phone call in which I was asked basic questions about my previous experiences and some technical questions.
    Second step was a video call (which lasted for ~2 hrs) with 2 Senior analysts and a manager. I had to prepare a presentation which was followed by competency, technical and behavioural questions. HR staff were very professional and managed to give me feedback after each step.

Interview Questions

• --Tell us about yourself, questions about previous jobs and my masters programme
      --How can your previous job help you succeed in this position
      --Behavioural questions: How do you deal with deadlines? / Give us an example about a time when your ideas were criticised etc....
      --Questions about the company and the products it offers and how would they help investors make better decisions.
      --Basic macro/finance questions   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Moody's (London, England (UK)).

Interview

First contact with HR on the telephone, later invited to a board style interview with manager and two FDAs. Later took two tests on accounting and financial statements. What goes where style. Know your accounts. Final interview with the head manager, general questions informal.

Associate Analyst III Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Moody's (London, England (UK)).

Interview

I applied online in October 2016 with a CV and cover letter. I was then invited to complete two online tests: SHL verbal and numerical. The next stage involved two further tests: Excel and Accounting (familiarise self with accounting concepts, double entry bookkeeping). I was then invited to interview in December 2016 which involved basic competency questions and about the company itself. The final stage was an assessment centre which involved a face-to-face interview with 2 analysts, a written test (write as quickly as possible whilst still making sense!), a group exercise, a numerical test (SHL) and an accounting test (cash flow balance sheet etc).

Interview Questions

• Macro economic questions (familiarise self with current events), financial ratio questions (specific to credit analysis), competency based and about Moody's methodologies.   1 Answer

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Moody's (London, England (UK)) in April 2017.

Interview

Pretty standard interview format with a telephone call from HR, were we agreed on a interview with two interviewers and a testing session. HR was friendly at the beginning however once i emailed and called them about questions about the interview process they subsequently started ignoring me.
    At the interview with two senior members of the Associate Banking RRS Team who were friendly and professional. Unfortunately their limited competence in english meant that they could not formulate precise questions. Which led to misunderstandings and me answering incorrectly and too time spent asking for clarification. The next day i received an automated email that stated they would not proceed with my application even if i had my testing session confirmed. I was disappointed that i did not at least get a quick call and some feedback about why my application was rejected before the first stage was even completed.

Interview Questions

• What kind of pressure do banks face in terms of generating costs?   Answer Question

Financial Data Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Moody's (London, England (UK)) in March 2017.

Interview

I applied the position online and received a phone interview within a week. The next step was a on-site interview, first with two senior assoicates, next was the manager and the region head at last. Each took around 30mins and they were all friendly and responsive. They did try their best to describe all the stuff you wanted to know about Moody's.

The interview process was smooth and easy, and I was waiting for the next round interview after that. However, one month past and nothing happened. I did send an enquiry email to the HR but no respond unsurprisingly. After few more weeks, I finally received an email from the HR but she was not even answering my question, indeed, she just forward my email to another colleague of her.

The HR department is simply a joke and not professional at all given the prestige and global presence of the company. Disappointed.

Associate Analyst III Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Moody's (London, England (UK)) in February 2017.

Interview

I applied through the website for the EMEA AA3 graduate scheme. The process is standard for financial institutions. First step is to submit your CV, then to complete online tests (math, verbal, accounting, excel), then phone interview, and finally the AC.

Work on you accounting (financial ratios, balance sheet, cash flow etc.) and macroeconomics (interest rates, monetary policy, balance of payment etc.). Read thoroughly the methodologies online. Moody's AC is more competitive than usual, with a 5 to 1 ratio of offer holders.

HR could improve by reducing lag time between AC and offer (almost accepted another offer as I had to wait over one month to hear back, with no communication in between).

Interview Questions

• 1. What does a rating stand for?
      2. How would you go at analysing company A?
      etc.   Answer Question