Moog Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.9

1. Featured Interview

Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in East Aurora, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Moog (East Aurora, NY) in July 2020.

Interview

I had a screening interview with a member of the HR recruitment team, then multiple Skype interviews with the hiring manager and members of team. I was actually interviewing for two positions and worked with multiple recruiters. They were all very helpful and were clearly communicating with each other well.

The screening interviews mostly revolved around what you were looking for in the role and generic questions about how your experience was related to the job description.

In the technical interviews I was asked to talk about things on my resume, some specific questions about technical challenges with the projects I described, etc. There were multiple instances of the interviewee providing some type of technical content (sometimes a product they were working on, sometimes a generic mechanism or drawing) and I was asked to explain how it worked or answer questions that would test my ability to interpret an engineering drawing.

Interview Questions

Moog Response

Oct 23, 2020 – Your Friends at Moog

Thank you for your review! We are thrilled you accepted our offer and are looking forward to working with you! Your feedback is much appreciated. We’re glad that you had a positive experience throughout your interview process. Congratulations and welcome aboard!

Engineering Intern Interview

Interview

Moog had a phone interview that consisted of me talking with two of their current employees. The questions were all behavioral and included talking about past work experience and school coursework.

Interview Questions

• Describe your past work experience and how it applies to what you could contribute to Moog.   Answer Question

Associate Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chatsworth, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Moog (Chatsworth, CA) in November 2020.

Interview

I had 1 basic interview with HR in which low-difficulty questions were asked. Then I had 1 interview with a hiring manager followed by 1 interview on site in front of a group.

Interview Questions

• They asked me about topics/experience on my resume (i.e. college experience, work experience, skills). They asked me situational questions and questions about who I am as a person.   Answer Question

Manufacturing Engineer Interview

Interview

Phone Interview with HR
    On Site Interview with Management
    On Site interview included questions from manager and then a quick factory tour. All questions were basic behavioral interview format. Entire process took about 2 hours

Process was completed within two weeks of application.

Recruitment Consultant Interview

Interview

Great candidate experience! The recruiter was very helpful, her responses were timely, and she was very accommodating. You can tell that Moog’s HR team is highly sophisticated and sets the bar high for associates but also treats them well.

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Torrance, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Moog (Torrance, CA) in September 2020.

Interview

The entire process went quickly and smoothly. I first talked with the recruiter, then a peer and finally with HR. The entire process look less than an month and ended with an offer.

Interview Questions

• Mostly asked about prior projects and personality, examples of situations with other team members.   Answer Question

Nov 25, 2020 – Your Friends at Moog

Thank you for your feedback! We work hard to move our process along as efficiently as possible to ensure a positive candidate experience. We are thrilled you decided to join our team. We hope you are settling into your new role and having a wonderful experience thus far. Thank you again for taking the time to leave your review!

Product Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Elma, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Moog (Elma, NY) in September 2020.

Interview

Initial phone screening with HR talent acquisition. Reviewed resume and experience. Phone interview with four product engineering managers. Spoke individually with each manager for half an hour to an hour. Mainly behavioral questions and questions on resume/experience, but one manager asked basic technical questions. Did not have an in-person interview or site tour due to COVID, and I had previously interviewed on-site.

Interview Questions

• How would you torque a plate down to another plate using four bolts spaced around the outside?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Moog.

Interview

Campus visit, casual chat with systems lead. Email request for an on site interview. Went onsite had interview with systems lead and a more technical interview with another systems engineer. Asked a design question, really wanted to make sure that I asked for more information before answering.

Interview Questions

• Mostly asked about prior projects and personality, examples of situations with other team members.   1 Answer

Aug 24, 2020 – Your Friends at Moog

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review! We are happy to hear that you decided to join our team. Your feedback is greatly appreciated as it is awesome to hear about your positive experience with us. First impressions are important and we are looking forward to many more years of service with you!

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Moog.

Interview

Interview for Moog is a complete joke at Moog Torrance. A man named Art will call you about the position and try to get your ideas and suggestions to improve the current supply chain and then say "Yea, we're not hiring". This company is a huge walking shame.

Interview Questions

Moog Response

Aug 24, 2020 – Your Friends at Moog

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We appreciate your honest feedback and are sorry to hear that you had a negative experience. Your feedback is very important as we continue to improve our hiring process. Please know that we want all candidates to have a positive, enjoyable experience with us. We will work diligently to ensure that doesn’t happen again. Once more, we thank you for your honesty.

Buyer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Blacksburg, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Moog (Blacksburg, VA) in July 2020.

Interview

I had a phone interview with company recruiter, then should have had a phone interview with hiring manager but that was omitted in my case due to vacations and the retirement of the person I was replacing, then in person interview with team.

Interview Questions

• Name a situation in your experience where you had a problem with a supplier and how you dealt with it.   1 Answer

Senior Project Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in East Aurora, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Moog (East Aurora, NY) in July 2020.

Interview

I worked with a recruiter who called me. I don't normally work with recruiters but he had done his homework and there was a clear match between my resume and the job description. Moog expressed interest and it bounced around at Moog for a few weeks before we got a interview setup. The recruiter kept me informed somewhat of the status at Moog. Then due to the COVID situation we used Skype for the interviews.

Interview Questions

• The manager asked many questions about my background, experience, and nature of my work in my previous position. He did a good job of trying to understand where I might fit at Moog.   1 Answer

Nov 25, 2020 – Your Friends at Moog

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review! We are always looking to hire top talent like yourself and will work to ensure that we do. As these have been unprecedented times due to COVID-19, we appreciate your patience and flexibility as we worked through our process. We are so glad that you decided to join our team and are looking forward to working with you!