Mooseheart Child City & School Interview Questions | Glassdoor

3.5

Interviews for Top Jobs at Mooseheart Child City & School

Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mooseheart, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Mooseheart Child City & School (Mooseheart, IL) in June 2014.

Interview

Contacted by email. Behavior-based type interview questions (about an hour). Tour of building and grounds. Contacted via phone message on results. Sent to HR to complete testing and clearing DCFS requirements

Interview Questions

• WHat do you do if you catch a student cheating on an exam?   Answer Question

Family Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mooseheart, IL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Mooseheart Child City & School (Mooseheart, IL) in January 2010.

Interview

I printed off an application from their webpage, completed it and sent it in. I was contacted by the recruiter who did a great job of trying to explain the enormity of the job. After a phone interview, they contacted my references before offering me an interview date. It's a LONG day- 1-on-1 interview with recruiter, then an interview with 2 supervisors. (During this 2 person interview you will be given "feedback" of some sort. It's usually a comment about your attire not being nice enough or something. This is there on purpose to gauge your reaction to feedback and criticism. If you want the job, just say "Okay.") Then lunch with a member of the staff that will report back their impression of you. If you pass all of that, you go in for a few hours of psychological testing. (MMPI, and the Diana screen, as well as a little "chat" with a psychiatrist.) After that you usually spend an hour or so in a home, observing. During this time the youth will all greet you, 2 youth will take you on a tour of the home, then you will have a little time of conversation with the youth. It's really sweet!

So it's a very full day. I flew in from out of state and they covered the cost of the hotel and transportation to and from the airport, as well as arranging my transportation to and from campus.

You leave without an answer or an offer. (unless, of course, the answer is no and they already know it.) You are told that they might terminate the interview process at any point without giving you a reason. They wait on a final "score" from your interview, your psych testing results, background check, etc. It took at least another week before I was offered the job. The recruiter called me with an offer, which I accepted and then I got a written offer in the mail.

Interview Questions

• How would you react if a child wanted to play outside but it was time for dinner?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you had a conflict with a coworker.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Mooseheart lists their pay scale on their web page, so negotiation isn't really an option. It's completely based on education and experience.