Morgan McKinley Interview Questions in London, England | Glassdoor

3.2

9 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Research Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Morgan McKinley (London, England (UK)) in October 2017.

Interview

Really thorough but very relaxed. No competency based questions throughout the 3 stages I did (phone, 2 face to face interviews).

3rd stage was to present my business plan to the UK MD - be warned if you don't agree with his opinion he takes it in the worse way so back up your stuff

Hiring Manger was a very nice and relaxed man

It all went downhill after the final stage - after told I was getting an offer over the phone about 3 days later - it took 3 re negotiations on salary even though this was a newly created position and told at the beginning the 'budget was there to pay what we need.'

After being offered by the hiring manager over the phone as 'something in the high 30s' with some budge I held out for a bit more. To my surprise the UK MD called me and offered me the exact same thing, I gave him my thoughts and he said he needs to re think the number. I then received a text message from the UK MD on a Saturday morning saying 'lets call it quits'.

As an Associate Consultant, Consultant Or Managing Consultant I am sure this place would be a great place to work as processes, structures and clear career path have long been cemented within the roots of the MM business. However, I am not entirely sure they know what they want regarding the position above

Their candidate management at offer stage was SO bad I wouldn't have joined if they managed to get the extra money I needed. Still to this day, 2 weeks after the final stage, I haven't received any feedback to why they called ' it quits.'

Interview Questions

Morgan McKinley Response

Nov 15, 2017 – Head of Learning and Development

Thank you for your feedback. I am disappointed to read some of your comments and would welcome the opportunity to discuss your feedback in confidence in more detail. Please contact me directly and... More

Associate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Morgan McKinley (London, England (UK)) in January 2017.

Interview

I applied online and had a brief phone interview with the internal recruiter who was really nice. She invited me in for a group interview a week later. Group interview consisted of some question/answer activities, presentations and roleplays.

I was then invited back for 3rd stage interviews with 3 senior consultants who go through your CV. Followed by a 4th stage interview with 2 more senior managers and then finally a meeting with the CEO.

All the people I met were very pleasant and professional throughout the whole process even when they really challenged you, which is contrary to what you hear about interview processes at the other recruitment/sales organisations. It made me want to work for them even more.

Interview tips: Don't be afraid to really sell yourself and show why a career in recruitment is for you.

Interview Questions

• You are paired with another candidate who you spend 10-15 minutes with to figure out their work history/qualifications. You then you have to present and sell that candidate to the interviewers in a few minutes.   1 Answer

Feb 13, 2017 – Global Marketing Executive

Thank you for your feedback. It's great for us to learn about your recent interview experience, and congratulations on accepting your offer. We wish you a long and successful career!

Recruitment Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Morgan McKinley (London, England (UK)) in September 2015.

Interview

I applied through the website then I received telephone call a few days later . I then attended two interviews. Everyone I met seemed really lovely and made me feel comfortable throughout the whole process however no response after that.After a while I asked for feedback but still no response.
    Seems like great company, great values but I wish they had 'Gone Beyond' to at least let me know the outcome or give me feedback. After two interviews even an automated response would have done it.
    People deserve to know - that's my advice.

Interview Questions

Morgan McKinley Response

Nov 19, 2015 – People Director

Thank you for your feedback. I'm delighted that you had a positive experience meeting with the Morgan McKinley team. I am very sorry to learn that you have yet to receive feedback from those... More

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 12+ months. I interviewed at Morgan McKinley (London, England (UK)) in January 2014.

Interview

I presented to an internal committee on what I had achieved and what I would achieve at Morgan McKinley. I looked at a forward plan about the desk strategy and where we would get to and how we would achieve this

Interview Questions

• What is the capacity of the desk for revenue and consultants   1 Answer

Anon Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Morgan McKinley (London, England (UK)) in April 2013.

Interview

I felt very welcomed in my interview and almost already part of the team. An HR Member was also in on part of my interview, to help explain more about the brand and core values of the company, which really resonated with me.

Negotiation

Researcher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Morgan McKinley (London, England (UK)) in December 2012.

Interview

Telephone Interview -> Video Resume -> Assessment Day -> Final stage interview -> Offer

Interview Questions

• 3 rounds in Assessment Day -> Foreplay -> Group Presentation -> 1 to 10 directors face to face board room questioning sessions   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Morgan McKinley (London, England (UK)) in December 2012.

Interview

The hiring process is relatively long wounded. But the reason behind this is to check the seriousness of the individual and to make sure they are the right fit. I feel this is great that they go through the process that is in place as it makes sure from both sides that MM is the right option.

Interview Questions

• Role Play- If I was the head of Virgin and you were a consultant trying to get my future business for recruitment what would you say?   1 Answer

Candidate Compliance Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Morgan McKinley (London, England (UK)) in December 2011.

Interview

Initially headhunted through Reed and Linked In. Called for an interview with x2 Associate Directors and then met the COO on my 2nd visit.

Went in for 1 job and once they realised what I am capable of, I was offered a role created specifically for my skill set

Interview Questions

• Do you think this job will be fulfilling enough or do you think you will get bored after 12 months?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was offered more than I was on in my previous role as they recognised my worth in the business

Recruitment Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Morgan McKinley (London, England (UK)) in January 2011.

Interview

Thorough and well structured, was three stages, the manager of the team, director of the division and a meeting with the COO. The team then took me out for a drink.