Morgan McKinley Recruitment Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Morgan McKinley Recruitment Consultant Interview Questions

Updated Apr 3, 2017

3.3

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Morgan McKinley (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in March 2017.

Interview

phone interview initially for approximately 10 - 15 minutes, followed by a scheduled interview with a recruiter a week later. The same week I was asked to meet the Team lead and head of the department the role was advertised for.

other offer

Other Interview Reviews for Morgan McKinley

Recruitment Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Morgan McKinley.

Interview

The whole process was quite lengthy, which is always reassuring as it means they carefully choose their employees. It is also a good way to make sure that it is a good fit for both parties.

Started with a quick phone interview with the internal recruiter, who was very friendly. I was invited in for the 1st stage f2f interview where I met the internal recruiter and two managers from separate desks.

I attended an assessment, which was very similar to The Apprentice. We had a few tasks such as role playing, a pitch and a short presentation. Was very nerve racking but also quite fun at the same time. We got a chance to meet some of the current employees.

Then I had an interview with the managers and directors from 2 desks followed by the ops director. Was asked a lot more questions and got a better understanding of their desks.

Finally the last stage was with the COO, who was very passionate and clearly an accomplished man. This made it a little intimidating and it was the most challenging part of the interview process.

What attracted me the most to Morgan Mckinley is how many loyal employees they have. The retention rate is really good, with most the employees I met having worked there for 4 years+.

The offices are really nice and they have their own branded water, but this is just a plus.

Interview Questions

• What do I do with an ikea flat pack?   1 Answer
    • If I were interviewing to be a lighthouse keeper what would attribute can be a strength as well as a weakness?   1 Answer
    • Why Morgan Mckinley   Answer Question

Feb 13, 2017 – Global Marketing Executive

Thanks for taking the time to review your recent interview experience. We appreciate the insight and wish you success in your career at Morgan McKinley.

Recruitment Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Morgan McKinley.

Interview

interview process was quick, met the internal recruiter and a manager then came back for a presentation and got an offer. The presentation was just about why you wanted to work in recruitment and a little about yourself

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work in recruitment? Why do you want to work in Morgan McKinley? What do you know about Morgan McKinley? What do you think the main qualities a recruiter should have?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Morgan McKinley (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in April 2016.

Interview

Interviewed with three people in the one appointment. Friendly, courteous, explained the company ethos. Asked me to go through my CV background in detail. Spent roughly 30 minutes with each person I met with. They asked which divisions I would be most interested in working with. They asked me what motivated me. No extremely challenging questions, no trick questions. Walked out feeling good about the interview.

Interview Questions

Morgan McKinley Response

Nov 17, 2016 – Global Marketing Executive

Thanks for sharing your interview experience. We appreciate your feedback and wish you best of luck with your future career.

Recruitment Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Morgan McKinley (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)).

Interview

I received a screening call within a week of online application. Received feedback by end of phone call. Got accepted to 1st round interview, 2nd interview consisted of a presentation. Timing and information depth on your progress is spot on. Whole process took 3 weeks from initial screening to start date.

Recruitment Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Morgan McKinley (London, England (UK)) in September 2015.

Interview

I applied through the website then I received telephone call a few days later . I then attended two interviews. Everyone I met seemed really lovely and made me feel comfortable throughout the whole process however no response after that.After a while I asked for feedback but still no response.
    Seems like great company, great values but I wish they had 'Gone Beyond' to at least let me know the outcome or give me feedback. After two interviews even an automated response would have done it.
    People deserve to know - that's my advice.

Interview Questions

Morgan McKinley Response

Nov 19, 2015 – People Director

Thank you for your feedback. I'm delighted that you had a positive experience meeting with the Morgan McKinley team. I am very sorry to learn that you have yet to receive feedback from those ... More

Recruitment Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tokyo (Japan)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Morgan McKinley (Tokyo (Japan)) in September 2015.

Interview

The process took five interviews in total. First I spoke with the person who initially recommended me to have a chat with the company, and later moved on to have interviews with the managers of Tokyo office. The last interview was done with the Managing Director of Tokyo office. Everything went smoothly and each interviewer had their own area of speciality and would further provide me a broader and in-depth notion of Morgan McKinley. Usually I do not particularly enjoy job interviews, but each discussion I had was actually both fun and professional. The process gave me an overall positive picture of the company while providing me vital information about it.

Interview Questions

• I was asked particularly about the practical details of my previous jobs and how much I understood about recruitment business in general. Each question was well-thought-out and served a purpose of finding important information about myself and how I would cope with certain job-related situations. I also liked the psychological aspect of the interviews where my personality, team-player qualities and work ethic was evaluated in-depth.   1 Answer

Recruitment Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Morgan McKinley (Hong Kong (Hong Kong)).

Interview

4 rounds of interviews, including having to give a presentation of a business plan.
    the interviews were not especially challenging as I worked in recruitment before so was quite able to answer the questions. the presentation was much harder, and took a lot of thought.
    There was also a personality/ pschyometric test which was interesting to note. The company profiles top performers currently here - and then tries to hire people with similar types of answers to their profiles. not sure if this works as we have hired a few duds over the years, but maybe the tests aren't that accurate?

Interview Questions

• competency based questions like: Describe to me when you've had to deal with conflict in a team or overcome a really challenging situation? What do you do? What was the outcome? that sort of thing...   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Morgan McKinley (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in November 2014.

Interview

Very nice people but went through an unnecessary amount of interviews and presentations, 4-5 rounds with various managers only to find out they were offering a very basic salary and could not step up at all. They knew my expectations from the outset so felt they had really just wasted my time.

Recruitment Consultant Interview

Interview

application on eFinancial > 1 screeening interview > 2 > interview with hiring manager (2 times) > interview with senior consultants > offer

Interview Questions

Negotiation

straightforward