Morgan Stanley Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Morgan Stanley Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Nov 14, 2017

86 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley.

Interview

The interviewee is Upenn's alumni, also a very nice guy. First we both did some introduction, and then he asked me why my major was different from my undergraduate major(I am a master now). After some questions about past experience, we started coding.

Interview Questions

• 1. Why Morgan Stanley?
    2. Your project/Intership?
    3. Why change major?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Morgan Stanley

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Menlo Park, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Menlo Park, CA) in August 2017.

Interview

Fairly standard. 2 phone screenings + superday. They asked the expected IB questions including "Walk me through a DCF", "Tell me about yourself", and a few specific technicals regarding multiples in comparable company analysis and precedent transaction analysis.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (New York, NY) in June 2017.

Interview

Within one week after I applied, I got an email from a recruiter regarding scheduling phone interview. Process was clear and fast. Because their process is moving quickly, I had interview with not the recruiter but directly with an associate on the strategy team.

Interview Questions

• All the questions were either technical or activities from my resume that I have participated in.
      Some of questions I got is as follows.
      What is the lowest credit rating grade?
      What is duration?
      What impact does converting capital lease to operating lease has on balance sheet and income statement?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

Had one brief phone interview with HR then was invited to super day two weeks later. On-site interviews consisted of four 1-on-1's with HR, a senior manager, and two VPs. They ask about Morgan Stanley's core values. Make sure you are able to provide examples of how you align with their core values. It took them forever to make a decision. HR was often unresponsive.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley.

Interview

Had a phone interview with the company followed by a superday. Whole process was very quick and easy. Know why you want to work there and not the other bulge brackets

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (New York, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

Applied online through their website in early Fall and was invited to a Super Day in December. MS already had another Super Day for this program in October. The Super Day consisted of 4 20 minute interviews with one break. The first interviewer was extremely picky, persistent, and serious. He asked tough math questions and brainteasers that could be prepared for using Vault Guides/online resources. The other 3 were more pleasant; mostly asking behavioral and resume questions about my experiences, with a few general market and technical questions. Those that were accepted heard back right after the weekend. Got the rejection call a month later.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

The interview consisted of a well structured process, exposure to multiple professionals at varying levels of experience, and well thought out questions as well as thoughtful answers to my inquiries

Interview Questions

• How does D&A flow through the three financial statements?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

Phone interview. Then onsite. People come in and out to ask you questions. Typical finance interview. A lot of behavioral. Asked a lot questions on your resume. Also some brainteasers but not that kind of hard.

Interview Questions

• tell me about yourself. Why finance, why morgan stanley.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (New York, NY) in September 2016.

Interview

Call from HR. Then a in person interview. Interviewed by 6 people and it took about 3 hours. Easy process. I did not get the job but the experience was an overall positive.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (New York, NY).

Interview

completely dependent on the team, group, supervisor and colleagues, the standard process is more or less formality, and process varies depending on the position, as long as business has needs, it is the priority

Interview Questions

• Logical questions, such as walk your resume, why you are interested in the position, etc   Answer Question