Morgan Stanley Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Morgan Stanley Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Feb 27, 2017

3.1

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley.

Interview

Had a phone interview with the company followed by a superday. Whole process was very quick and easy. Know why you want to work there and not the other bulge brackets

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Morgan Stanley

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

Had one brief phone interview with HR then was invited to super day two weeks later. On-site interviews consisted of four 1-on-1's with HR, a senior manager, and two VPs. They ask about Morgan Stanley's core values. Make sure you are able to provide examples of how you align with their core values. It took them forever to make a decision. HR was often unresponsive.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (New York, NY) in September 2016.

Interview

Call from HR. Then a in person interview. Interviewed by 6 people and it took about 3 hours. Easy process. I did not get the job but the experience was an overall positive.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (New York, NY).

Interview

completely dependent on the team, group, supervisor and colleagues, the standard process is more or less formality, and process varies depending on the position, as long as business has needs, it is the priority

Interview Questions

• Logical questions, such as walk your resume, why you are interested in the position, etc   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (New York, NY) in January 2016.

Interview

was a relatively straight forward interview, want to know who's generally smart and who can learn the work. wasnt terribly difficult. i would say 3/10 for hardness. There are 6 person interviews in New York City, and there will be 15 minute quick speed rounds. Don't worry, stay calm. and you got it.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley.

Interview

Traditional interview, phone interviews and then final in person interview. Straight forward questions. I would say I had three phone interviews and one final in person interview at the end. The in person one was very chill, nothing out of the ordinary in terms of difficulty.

Interview Questions

• How would your friends and family describe you?   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Interview

Standard interview process. The questions were standard and interview process pretty standard. There was nothing different or special compared to other companies. No questions that were unexpected. Different rounds with different people with initial round with a human resources representative.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley.

Interview

Arduous interview. Had to speak with every employee in my office. Questions ranged from behavioral/fit to more technical questions relating specifically to the position. Definitely be prepared from the get-go and know the economic conditions surrounding your position.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (New York, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

it was very straight forward and easy to understand what it was they needed to get in order to hire someone. i felt like a cog in the wheel though and decided instead to journey around the world in order to find myself. They are really nice nice people for real. And believe me I am not just saying it to do this i really truly mean it. Completely as if

Anonymous Employee in Purchase, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Purchase, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

Phone screen, exploratory interview, in person interview with multiple team members, then offer. Overall very straightforward. HR was very helpful. Interviewed with all levels of employees, from associates to executive directors that I would eventually work with. Talked extensively about what the team did on a day to day basis. Went through my resume and other work experience. Fairly generic questions, mostly geared to see if there was a good personality match, as the position was a fairly junior one.

Interview Questions

• The taxi cab medalion question, where one needs to determine how much one would bid on a taxi cab medalion   Answer Question