Morgan Stanley Associate In Fixed Income IT Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2,502 Interview Reviews

3.1

2,502 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all Interviews

Risk Management Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley.

Interview

Had my first interview for the Op Risk, got called back for the final that evening and was offered to interview for the Credit risk program via phone, made it to the final round for that position.

Interview Questions

• How do you manage your time with all the things in your resume?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Morgan Stanley

Wealth Management Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (New York, NY).

Interview

3 Interviews, each 30-45 mins:
    1st was traditional HR questions, i.e. strengths & weaknesses, tell me about yourself.
    2nd was technical.
    3rd was fit, i.e. dealing w/ situations and conversation w/ interviewer.

Interview Questions

• I was in a coma for 2 years. Just woke up and you're the first person I saw. Tell me what is going on in the world.   Answer Question

Risk Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (New York, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

Just finished the first round phone interview, 1 hr long, basically all kinds of behavioral and resume-related questions. The only technical questions were around VaR and BSM model. Still waiting for update on next round.

Business Technology Analyst Interview

Interview

I submitted my resume on university career website, and got an on campus interview. Then super day in the New York office. In the super day there were 3 rounds of interview, group activities, and panel discussion.

Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Baltimore, MD).

Interview

I applied through university and on the website. First round interview was on campus and then super day at their Baltimore, MD office. Both rounds was mostly behavioral questions, nothing technical. The group case was pretty straightforward - again, nothing technical.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in operations at Morgan Stanley?   Answer Question

Finance Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Brunswick, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (New Brunswick, NJ).

Interview

Interviewer was very polite and well spoken. Made sure I was comfortable and interview went smoothly. Also ran through my resume and ask a series of five to seven questions.

Quant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley.

Interview

I have received the written exam invitation 2 months after I applied online. It's basically a group pre-test, focus on technical questions. Paper Exam with 73 questions lasts for 60 minutes. In the programming part, you can choose between Java and C++, or both, not so much about the code, but basic concepts and ideas of the programming. We have 50ish students in the 2nd section in the afternoon, they will get back to you within two weeks if you pass the exam.

Interview Questions

• A lot about the stochastic process, ito's lemma, Brownie Motion and probability calculation.   Answer Question

Entry-Level Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley.

Interview

Employees came down to my university and did on-campus interviews. The interviewer asked very basic questions about my resume, did not get too technical. Was easy to talk to just didn't get a chance to stand out due to simple questions and volume of people interviewing.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you had a failure on a team project.   Answer Question

Technology Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley.

Interview

I wanted to apply for the business analyst role but they had filled up all positions so I had to give the interview for app developer. It was completely technical even if it was the first round.

Wealth Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Phone Interview then interview in the office. Mostly behavioral questions with a few basic technicals. Overall everyone was very friendly and the firm was nice. I interviewed in the Chicago Office for Private Wealth Management.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through your resume.   1 Answer