Morgan Stanley Associate In Fixed Income IT Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2,860 Interview Reviews

3.1

2,860 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Summer Financial Analyst Interview

Interview

First round interview was very basic and behavioral - nothing too difficult. Interviewer was very easy to talk to - they did come out a few minutes late to get the interviewees.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your past experience and how it'll help you at MS   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Morgan Stanley

Sophomore Summer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley.

Interview

applied online heard back and was invited to come to NY for interview
    spoke with three IB employees
    everyone was very nice and welcoming. interested in knowing more about my previous internship experience
    spoke with other students being interviewed
    liked the environment there and I enjoyed my experience

Summer Technology Analyst Interview

Interview

Had a 45 minute long interview process. I was expecting more behavioral questions or something about my interest in Morgan Stanley but we jumped right into going over the technical aspects of my resume and clarifying the work I had previously done. I was asked a couple of coding questions and then some theoretical questions about Java, the language I was proficient in.

Interview Questions

• Asked how to find the most frequent number in an array   2 Answers

Technology Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley.

Interview

Was referred by a friend and got an email letting me know I would receive a phone call. A week later I got the phone call.

First Interview

I was asked "Tell me about yourself" to which I gave this spiel about how I was intrigued by the intersections of mathematics and technology. Next I was asked "why Morgan Stanley" to which I responded that I appreciated Morgan Stanley's heavy interest in the tech sector. This was followed by some technical questions such as "how do you tell if a number is the sum of two elements of a list? What if the list was sorted" and "What data structure would you use to calculate the standard deviation" and something along the lines of plotting various y-data values for single x-data values.

A week later I get notified that I made it past the first round. The second round was two weeks later and had more simple questions on HashMaps, questions on BFS & DFS, Dynamic programming, checking if a string contains a substring, reversing a singly-linked list, some simple math problems etc. I answered all of them with one exception on HashMaps and their equals() and hashcode() contract. Know all about hashmaps before applying here.

Interview Questions

• simple questions on HashMaps, questions on BFS & DFS, Dynamic programming, checking if a string contains a substring, reversing a singly-linked list, some simple math problems etc. I answered all of them with one exception on HashMaps and their equals() and hashcode() contract.   Answer Question

Wealth Advisory Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley.

Interview

Application Steps:

1. Online Application
    2. “SRT”- Sienna Reasoning Test - 25 Questions (timed)
    3. Day in the Life of a Financial Advisor Assessment
    4. Digital/Video Interview - 6 Questions (timed)
    5. Phone Interview
    6. Business Plan
    7. Traditional Interview with Manager

Likely a month long process from start to finish

Interview Questions

• Why Morgan Stanley?
      Why should we hire you?
      Time when you have a bad review from a manager... How did you resolve it?
      Time when you had a challenging task to complete... How did you overcome it?
      What target markets do you plan to pursue?   Answer Question

Firm Risk Mangament Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley.

Interview

On campus interview and then followed by a superday. On campus interview only had 1 interviewer, while the final round you would meet 3 interviewers in turn. The whole experience is quite positive and cozy.

Quantitative Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley.

Interview

I took a written exam after knowing about that through emails sent by my university. Then I got an email to schedule initial phone interviews after about a month. The interview questions listed below come from five phone interviews from five teams.

Interview Questions

• How to detect a loop in a single linked list.   1 Answer
    • Three random variables X, Y, Z. If corr(X, Y) = 0.85, corr(Y, Z) = 0.9, is it possible that we have corr(X, Z) = 0.15?   Answer Question
    • Suppose we have an uneven coin, with probability p of getting a head if flipped. Suppose now we flip the coin and observe a head, what is the expectation of p.   1 Answer
    • How to calculate the length of a union of n intervals. For example, the union of [1.5, 2] and [2.5, 3] is [1.5, 2] U [2.5, 3], which has length 1. The union of [1.5, 3] and [2, 2.5] is [1.5, 3], which has length 1.5.   1 Answer
    • What is interior point method? How is it related to gradient descent?   Answer Question
    • How to do goodness-of-fit test for LASSO?   Answer Question
    • How to calculate moving median (per k numbers) for n numbers (n>=k)?   2 Answers
    • What is SVM method? What is the support vector?   Answer Question
    • When calculating standard deviation, should we divide it by n or n-1? Why?   1 Answer

Internship Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley.

Interview

First they call you on the phone and conduct an interview. If they like you, then they invite you in for a Superday. You go through numerous interviews and group interviews so they can observe how you act with a team.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you approached a problem differently than others.   Answer Question

Summer Technology Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley.

Interview

A group of candidates were scheduled for interviews in the same time slot. First we had a panel discussion where we could ask current analysts about their jobs. Then we each had 2-on-1 interviews in a large room.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a challenge that you've faced at work.   3 Answers

Risk Management Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley.

Interview

I applied online and interviewed at school. Not bad, all behavioral questions. The recruiter seems strict. Ask about resumes and behavioral questions. The whole process was about half an our long.

Interview Questions

• Why do you choose this major?
      Why risk management?