Morgan Stanley Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Morgan Stanley Associate Interview Questions

Updated May 15, 2017

3.2

Anonymous Interview Candidate in India, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (India, TX).

Interview

There was 8 round of interview.

- First of three rounds were telephonic and technical in nature which were taken by Associate,Senior Associate and Leads. Be ready to answer technical questions related to your work environment and day to day job. Each of these interview lasted for about an hour each. These interviews are scheduled over a period of 3 weeks.

I was given with the results after a month and they asked me to comedown to MS office for a super day.

- 4th to 8th interviews were covered in MS office in a super day. Which accounted for 4 hours in total.

- Fourth and Fifth round of interviews was with Onshore manager and Regional manager. This was more of situation based and managerial kind of interviews.

- Sixth round was with VP who grinded me with lot of technical questions.

- Seventh round was with GM of respective department who was more keen to check my background.

- Last round was with the HR who will check your professional fitment,current salary details and expected salary details. Question like why do you want to move? Why MS? How do you manage conflict? Etc...

Recruitment team keeps very busy and the result was announced after about three weeks. I wasn't selected, but a memorable experience with all interviewers.

Interview Questions

• Why MS? Why should I hire u? What was your biggest challenge in job? Tell me one thing not in your resume.How do you manage Stress? What are your positivity and negativity? What do you want to improve in you in next one year? etc..   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Morgan Stanley

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Chicago, IL) in November 2016.

Interview

Interview by three people. Talked about skills and alittle about the markets. It is also important that you fit into the morgan stanley culture so personal questions were asked. It is important to be confident as you will be speaking with clients and dealing with challenging tasks.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Baltimore, MD) in November 2016.

Interview

I applied online through the corporate website. I received an email a few weeks later to schedule an interview. I met with 2 directors and a VP for each interview. I had a total of 4 different interviews. Of the four interviews, I never received a rejection letter/email. The recruiters are horrible at responding to phone calls or emails for a status update, even when they give you their phone numbers to contact them.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself? Various behavioral interview questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (New York, NY) in July 2016.

Interview

Got interview through a referral. First round, HR phone interview around 15-20 mins asking on interest, background and others (salary expectation, start date) and second/final round was meeting with the entire team. (1 Managing Director and 2 Executive Directors)

Interview Questions

• Why Morgan Stanley?
      Why this team?
      Career Goals?
      Strength/Weakness
      Experience changing a process or setting a new work process
      Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (New York, NY) in April 2016.

Interview

I went to an on-site interview. I was interviewed by 5 people, each of whom took about 40 minutes. They were very kind and tried their best to make the environments as comfortable as possible. They did not expect me to answer all the questions. They gave me reasonable hints along the way. The difficulty level gradually increases.

Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley.

Interview

Interview was standard...a phone screen and a couple in house interviews to meet with different members of the team. Everyone was very friendly - but the process itself took very long. Biggest complaint was that my contact in recruiting was not very knowledgeable on the role and couldn't really answer many of my questions. The interviews made up for that but it took a while.

Interview Questions

• They asked about my experience and path and assessed my fit for what was on the job spec... standard questions that made sense...nothing too tricky.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Conshohocken, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Conshohocken, PA) in September 2015.

Interview

Had two interviews. Met with 4 people each time. Pretty standard questions. Company seems to promote work life balance. I really wanted the position after talking to everyone. Mostly everyone seemed happy with their work and their lives there. Can work from home. 4 weeks vacation.

Interview Questions

• Have I ever dealt with difficult clients/people at work?   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Interview

Take resume , do your hw on them. 15 mins early . Be knowlegable about role and ask questions about role. . I got the call from a recruiter saying he was submiting my resume . A week later got an interview . Interview lasted about 40 mins . Questions about past experience and resume

Interview Questions

• Why are you the right fit for us   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (New York, NY) in January 2015.

Interview

My teammates knew me from my previous firm and recommended me. I went through the standard procedure and was interviewed by each team member individually and had to clear a take home test.

Interview Questions

• They asked me about my previous experience and gave me a take-home test. The test was very long but very easy for me because I was in the exact same profile previously.   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley.

Interview

On-site interview for a full day with six people one-on-one, about one hour each. For the first five to ten minutes, I was asked some general questions about my resume, after that mostly brain teasers, some finance/options questions and coding questions. People were nice; questions tended to be more difficult than I expected.

Interview Questions

• Let W(t) be a Brownian motion. Let alpha < 0, beta > 0. What's the probability that beta is hit first.   Answer Question