Morgan Stanley Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Morgan Stanley Associate Interview Questions

Interviews at Morgan Stanley

3.2

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (New York, NY) in March 2010.

Interview

Two initial phone calls with HR, then two separate phone interviews first with one person, then two in succession. Then there was one in person interview with the hiring manager and other managers taking turns, with a coding exercise, and finally a second in person personality type interview with HR to figure out if you would be a good fit in the organization, how much you want the job and try to figure out your salary requirements.

Interview Questions

• How many app domains are loaded per .NET process?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Couldn't negotiate, very tough negotiators

Other Interview Reviews for Morgan Stanley

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (New York, NY) in June 2010.

Interview

I applied online and received a call after 1 week for 3 person phone interview lasting 90 mins. Heard next day that they wanted me for onsite interview, interviewed with 5 people, 2 Associates, 1 Analyst, 1 VP and ED. Very professional people. I learned a lot about the company/culture from the interview process.

Interview Questions

• Everything in detail about my resume.   2 Answers

Negotiation

I was low balled, could have done better,

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (New York, NY) in February 2008.

Interview

I interviewed and hit it off with the hiring manager although on my second day of work my department was restructured and I had a new manager.

Negotiation

They wanted to give me the same salary as my previous position but i negotiated $4k more.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Baltimore, MD) in June 2010.

Interview

It was a long process. I had 3 rounds of interviews. In the first round I met one person, then in the 2nd round 6 and finally in the 3rd round I met 3 people. That makes it 10 individuals individually for 30 min each. I am yet to receive a final response.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through your resume   1 Answer
    • What are your strengths and weaknesses   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 7+ weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (New York, NY) in May 2010.

Interview

Long interview process emcompassing 14 different interviews so far, starting with phone screening, 11 face-to-face interviews, 1 phone interview with manager in London, and 1 final interview with Human Resources. Interviews tended to be technical, with many skills tests including programming exercises, financial questions, and multiple "brain-teasers" testing problem-solving skills. Interviews were mostly with the group in which I'd be working as well as with a few individuals in related groups. There was also some personality screening. Tough interviews in general.

Interview Questions

• How could graph algorithms be used to test whether there are arbitrage opportunities within the currency markets?   2 Answers

Associate Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley in September 2009.

Interview

Took about a week to arrange the phone interview. The interviewer cancelled it 30 minutes before the interview. I made an effort to reschedule the interview. Interview itself was very short, only like 10-15 minutes. No questions beyond "take me through your resume." From that it was about a week and a half until I received feedback. Feedback was especially rude, condescending, and inappropriate. Did not seem to cover the few points made during the interview.

Interview Questions

• Take me through your resume.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (New York, NY) in December 2010.

Interview

selection for the summer internship based on raw smarts and team-fit -- offers are rarely made outside the summer internship program

Interview Questions

• Why did you go to business school if you wanted to stay in the field   Answer Question

Negotiation

There's limited room for negotiation, negotiating which team you work for is more common than negotiating salaries or titles

Anonymous Employee in Jericho, NY

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Jericho, NY) in August 2008.

Interview

simple, asked me basic questions. Phone interview was easy and revolved around why i want to work there. In person was more in-depth about my experience and how it would relate.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (New York, NY) in February 2013.

Interview

Several rounds of interviews. Not direct on whether there is or is not a position available. They like when you do the talking rather then them talking the entire time.

Interview Questions

• Make sure you know the steps on how to value a company.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (New York, NY) in August 2009.

Interview

-interviewed at 1585 Broadway trading floor
    -was interviewed by 3 people
    -all were trading professionals, no human resources
    -took about 45 mins each consisting of market related questions on situations

Interview Questions

• -why London?
      -are you wllling to commit X number of years?   Answer Question