Morgan Stanley Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 20, 2017

3.1

64 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Bethel, CT

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Bethel, CT).

Interview

Had two rounds of interviews and everyone I met was great and welcoming. First day I met with 4 people and the second was two people. Got an offer about 2 weeks after the last interview. Pleasant experience.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Morgan Stanley

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (New York, NY) in April 2017.

Interview

Applied on campus. The first round had 3 30min interviews with three interviewers, 2 ED, 1 VP. The first ED interviewer named Anthony Jung was extremely mean. Basically right after I entered the room, he asked me why they should hire me, what value can I add, what my GPA is, and then started to ask me if I have any questions. Along the way I asked him questions, he's extremely impatient and uses very rude languages. Worst interviewer I've seen in the workplace. I know this Morgan Stanley, but after 10 mins I know I don't want to work with this AH.

Interview Questions

• Why should we hire you?
      What value can you add?
      What's your GPA? What's your percentile?
      Do you have any questions?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (New York, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

very easy, they asked about previous role and work. General questions on project management and how can we improve stuff in waterfall vs agile etc. then some puzzle and behavioral questions

Anonymous Interview Candidate in India, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (India, TX).

Interview

There was 8 round of interview.

- First of three rounds were telephonic and technical in nature which were taken by Associate,Senior Associate and Leads. Be ready to answer technical questions related to your work environment and day to day job. Each of these interview lasted for about an hour each. These interviews are scheduled over a period of 3 weeks.

I was given with the results after a month and they asked me to comedown to MS office for a super day.

- 4th to 8th interviews were covered in MS office in a super day. Which accounted for 4 hours in total.

- Fourth and Fifth round of interviews was with Onshore manager and Regional manager. This was more of situation based and managerial kind of interviews.

- Sixth round was with VP who grinded me with lot of technical questions.

- Seventh round was with GM of respective department who was more keen to check my background.

- Last round was with the HR who will check your professional fitment,current salary details and expected salary details. Question like why do you want to move? Why MS? How do you manage conflict? Etc...

Recruitment team keeps very busy and the result was announced after about three weeks. I wasn't selected, but a memorable experience with all interviewers.

Interview Questions

• Why MS? Why should I hire u? What was your biggest challenge in job? Tell me one thing not in your resume.How do you manage Stress? What are your positivity and negativity? What do you want to improve in you in next one year? etc..   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Baltimore, MD) in November 2016.

Interview

I applied online through the corporate website. I received an email a few weeks later to schedule an interview. I met with 2 directors and a VP for each interview. I had a total of 4 different interviews. Of the four interviews, I never received a rejection letter/email. The recruiters are horrible at responding to phone calls or emails for a status update, even when they give you their phone numbers to contact them.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself? Various behavioral interview questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Chicago, IL) in November 2016.

Interview

Interview by three people. Talked about skills and alittle about the markets. It is also important that you fit into the morgan stanley culture so personal questions were asked. It is important to be confident as you will be speaking with clients and dealing with challenging tasks.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (New York, NY) in July 2016.

Interview

Got interview through a referral. First round, HR phone interview around 15-20 mins asking on interest, background and others (salary expectation, start date) and second/final round was meeting with the entire team. (1 Managing Director and 2 Executive Directors)

Interview Questions

• Why Morgan Stanley?
      Why this team?
      Career Goals?
      Strength/Weakness
      Experience changing a process or setting a new work process   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (New York, NY) in April 2016.

Interview

I went to an on-site interview. I was interviewed by 5 people, each of whom took about 40 minutes. They were very kind and tried their best to make the environments as comfortable as possible. They did not expect me to answer all the questions. They gave me reasonable hints along the way. The difficulty level gradually increases.

Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley.

Interview

Interview was standard...a phone screen and a couple in house interviews to meet with different members of the team. Everyone was very friendly - but the process itself took very long. Biggest complaint was that my contact in recruiting was not very knowledgeable on the role and couldn't really answer many of my questions. The interviews made up for that but it took a while.

Interview Questions

• They asked about my experience and path and assessed my fit for what was on the job spec... standard questions that made sense...nothing too tricky.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Conshohocken, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Conshohocken, PA) in September 2015.

Interview

Had two interviews. Met with 4 people each time. Pretty standard questions. Company seems to promote work life balance. I really wanted the position after talking to everyone. Mostly everyone seemed happy with their work and their lives there. Can work from home. 4 weeks vacation.

Interview Questions

• Have I ever dealt with difficult clients/people at work?   Answer Question