Morgan Stanley Interview Questions in Baltimore, MD | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 9, 2017

2.8

Fraud Operations Change the Bank Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Baltimore, MD) in January 2017.

Interview

Applied online, received an interview, VP was very dry but the overall interview seemed to flow well. Recruiting team is terrible with communication, they do not respond to inquires. After two weeks of no response, I noticed they reposted the job. So I will assume, I am not one of the chosen individuals.

Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Baltimore, MD).

Interview

Interview was very easy, had an initial phone screening, on site interview and then phone interview with managing director. Same questions were asked throughout each interviews; skills, experience, examples, and career interests.

Interview Questions

• Be prepared to give examples of project management, and overcoming challenges in prior roles.   Answer Question

Operations Sumer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Baltimore, MD).

Interview

2 interviews on campus back to back, called back for final round with 3 separate interviews and a group evaluation. the interviews were all very similar and followed the stated behavioral format. the group evolution was purposely made stressful, to see how you adjust to change and work with others.

Interview Questions

• Weaknesses, Strengths, Time when you failed, leadership... basic interview questions.
      Tell me when you used data to make a decision?
      1 Answer

Operation Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Baltimore, MD) in September 2016.

Interview

Met with senior, hiring manager and VP in Baltimore. Interview questions mainly focused on resume. Hiring manager was very nice and made a detailed self introduction at the beginning of the interview which helped me to become less nervous during the interview and it went out well. The hiring manager required me to go back for another round of interviews right after our interview. The senior was a lady who just came back to the financial industry after being a full time housewife for 20 years. She kept talking about her personal working and life experience and asked easy questions about my internship and school academic work. The VP interview was a tough one and you can see VP was not interested in the interview from the beginning. The VP dug deeply into resume stated work.

Financial Advisor Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Baltimore, MD).

Interview

So far, I have only had a phone interview, but I am advancing to the next step, which is to write a business plan and several in person interviews. The phone interview was basically just an informational call where I discussed my background and the recruiter ran through (very quickly) the two different training programs. She was very nice and answered all my questions except those relating to salary which would have to wait til the in person interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Baltimore, MD) in May 2016.

Interview

Applied online. First round was 15 phone interview to set up a in-person interview the following week. One hour in-person interview with HR manager. Then I received a call back to set up second round of interviews. This consisted of two 30-minute interviews followed by a team group project. Received an offer a week later.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Baltimore, MD) in March 2016.

Interview

The interview process was not difficult at all in my opinion. I had a phone interview and it was more of a conversation. The woman I interviewed with called right back for me to have a second interview with the a colleague 20 minutes later. I was not prepared for this but took it as a good sign. Later that day I delightedly accepted an offer.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your previous work experience and how you think it would tie into this new role   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Baltimore, MD) in March 2016.

Interview

First round of interviews was conducted on campus. After the first interview I was invited to Morgan Stanley's office for two one-on-one interviews and a group activity that involved solving a ficticous business problem. A group of about 10 candidates were split into 2 teams and asked to solve a business problem and than give a presentation on our solution. During the activity the two groups are asked to get together and collaborate.

Interview Questions

• Why Morgan Stanley?
      What do you know about Morgan Stanley?
      Answer Question

Finance Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Baltimore, MD) in February 2016.

Interview

I applied online through campus career services. I was selected for the first round interview on campus and also went to an information session the night before. The information session was just for the applicants to understand the position more fully and to ask any questions they had. The next day was the on campus interviews which were 30 minutes in length. If selected for the final round interview they were at the Baltimore office consisting of three 20 minute interviews and a group interview.

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Baltimore, MD) in February 2016.

Interview

This was done through a staffing agency. Morning interviews with 3 people (managers), roughly 20 mins long. Standard questions with a few postion specific thrown in. Mostly a general fit type interview, being able to elaborate answers without "bragging" will be a big plus. Morgan Stanley likes to hear buzzwords like "streamline" "teamwork" "synergy" try to throw them into your answer, but not in a forced way.

Interview Questions

• A customer or client in your current/previous job had a problem, what did you do fix it? Who did you ask for help?   1 Answer

Negotiation

As a temp/consultant I didn't have much room to negotiate. Start date is flexible within 2 weeks, but pay is pretty set in stone