Morgan Stanley Banking Resource Management Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Morgan Stanley Banking Resource Management Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Dec 19, 2016

Bank Resource Management Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (New York, NY).

Interview

Applied online for the BRM FT Analyst position and was contacted shortly after to set up a phone interview. It was very brief - only about 15 minutes but I asked some follow ups after so it was about a 30min call with an analyst on the desk. Then was contacted a few days later with the Superday invite. Superday consisted of 4 back-to-back, 1-on-1 interviews with mid to high level team members across the different BRM desks. There was also a group project which was somewhat difficult. Afterwards, we were told we'd hear back within 2 weeks.

Interview Questions

• Round 1: - Walk me through your resume - If I gave you $1m how would you allocate it across different asset classes? - What current events are you following? - What are one or two equities that you're following and interested in? - Why BRM? (wasn't asked what it is, which surprised me, but I still threw that into my answer) - Why MS over other bulge brackets? - What's going on in the markets? - Why should we hire you over any of the other candidates? Superday: Project: split into pairs and were given 20min to design a highway infrastructure for a fake city that maximizes efficiency and minimizes cost and traffic then we had to give a 5min presentation. We were told we'd be competing with the other team. After about 17min we were told we'd be teaming up with the other team and were given an additional 20min to combine our plans and 5min to present. Interviews: Based almost entirely on current market events, economic theories, and your resume - What's going on in the markets? - What happens to the dollar when interest rates rise? - Walk me through your resume, tell me about yourself. - What do you know about BRM? - 3 weaknesses?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Morgan Stanley

Banking Resource Management Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (New York, NY).

Interview

The first round was on the phone. I saw the posting on my college career site. The phone call was typical go through your resume and behavioral questions. I received an email about a week or so later saying I made it to second round. The second round was a super day. It was 2 hours long. I sat in a cubicle as people came in and out asking technical questions and behavior questions. They responded in a week with the results.

Interview Questions

• If a hedge fund wants to invest $1,000,000 what kind of information do you want to know about it?   Answer Question