Morgan Stanley Interview Questions in Budapest | Glassdoor

3.3

71 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Technology Graduate Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Budapest (Hungary)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Budapest (Hungary)) in September 2017.

Interview

The first round was to test of english knowledge. Talk about yourself. Hobbies, studies, your motivation to work there,etc
    In the second round they asked IT related question. Java,OOP,SQL topics were mentioned and in the end there was an algorithm task.

Interview Questions

• Difference between abstract class and interface   Answer Question
    • You have an array with 99 numbers, each number is between 1 and 100 ( each number appears only once) how do you find the one number that isn't in the array?   Answer Question
    • Compare LinkedList and ArrayList   Answer Question

Senior Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Budapest (Hungary)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Budapest (Hungary)).

Interview

The interview process was fast. They first did a Java interview thru phone call. Then they invited me to their office where I had a Java interview and an interview with the managers.

Quant Risk Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Budapest (Hungary)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Budapest (Hungary)) in June 2017.

Interview

Online Numerical Reasoning Test (within 48 hours), HR phone interview about my personal information, CV, and Written Test in their Offices. The HR is really Nice and Empathetic, always helpful and flexible. But the Career site Does not show all open Positions. And the process is quite long.

Interview Questions

• Probability Questions(They required strong theoretical Knowledge)
      Questions about their Company...
      Motivational Interview!   Answer Question

IT Security Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Budapest (Hungary)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Budapest (Hungary)) in April 2017.

Interview

6 interviews until I got an offer. The questions covered wide range but not really challenging. Interviewers show they didn't have deep knowledge in some of the topics they were asking about.

Model Review Group Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Budapest (Hungary)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Budapest (Hungary)) in April 2017.

Interview

Firstly was a telephone interview (about 45min) and as it was successful after that was a personal interview. The personal interview had 4 round, 3 technical and 1 HR (4x45min).

Interview Questions

• Coin tosses, brain teasers, Wiener-process, Value at Risk calculation, Option theory   Answer Question

Finance Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Budapest (Hungary)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Budapest (Hungary)) in April 2017.

Interview

It was a general phone interview in the first round, then an assessment centre with group exercise. There were also two interviews, a skills-based and personality-based. The whole process took about 2 month.

Quantitative Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Budapest (Hungary)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Budapest (Hungary)) in March 2017.

Interview

The phone interview process took at least 3-4 weeks. After a quick chat with the HR, the selection process starts with a first phone interview (about 45 minutes), and based on the results, it follows a second phone interview by two different person (1h30 min).
    After that there is the final stage, I got invited to have the last interview face-to-face at MS.

Interview Questions

• Black and Scholes, Stochastic calculus, Martingale, Bayes Theorem, OLS, VaR   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Budapest (Hungary)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Budapest (Hungary)).

Interview

There are a lot of rounds once your CV attracts enough attention.
    Several phone interviews to judge your communication skills. There was a generic and a role specific technical phone interview. There also were three personal interviews, one interpersonal, one technical and one management interview. Additional rounds may happen with individual teams in case you are capable of joining multiple or your skills/knowledge is in high demand.

Interview Questions

• They asked what was my salary at my previous employer.   1 Answer

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Budapest (Hungary)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Budapest (Hungary)) in January 2017.

Interview

5 round, phone, online test, motivation letter, technical and HR interwiew.
    The whole process was held in english language. The was about a week between each round, the HR assistants were always keep in touch with you, and give responses to each round.

Interview Questions

• What is accruals?
      Which type of derivatives do you know? Tell something about theese things.
      Which type of functions do you know in excel?
      What is the vlookup function?   Answer Question

Technical Analyst Interview

Application

Interview

I had two phone interviews, one personal and one technical before I was invited by the HR to go to Budapest to make three more interviews. They didn't offer to reimburse my travel expenses (flights and hotel as I'm not from Hungary). However I had a positive experience with the interviews until that point. For my last interviews I had to spend more than 2 hours with the HR, Manager and the tech guys. My second technical interview wasn't so well but I believe I gave good answers even if I needed a bit more time to think. My coding task worked well but the feedback left to the HR was completely negative. I felt my last interview as a personal insult and a bad joke for all the efforts.. after I heard my feedback on the phone I told the HR that I'm pretty sure that I gave good answers on some of the listed questions. She said she is just reading what the tech guys sent her and now that I know where their office is in Budapest, I can apply again next year.
    Well Thank You!

Interview Questions

• What happens with the C# code during compilation? Why there is an intermediate level of compilation? Coding exercise. Data Structures, Collections? What is binary tree? What is hash-code? How do we solve the collision problem? Sorting algorithms, Time complexity? Relational databases? Internet and networking -OSI model? Asymmetric crypto-system RSA - public and private key?   Answer Question