Morgan Stanley Interview Questions in Budapest | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 10, 2017

3.3

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Budapest (Hungary)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Budapest (Hungary)).

Interview

There are a lot of rounds once your CV attracts enough attention.
    Several phone interviews to judge your communication skills. There was a generic and a role specific technical phone interview. There also were three personal interviews, one interpersonal, one technical and one management interview. Additional rounds may happen with individual teams in case you are capable of joining multiple or your skills/knowledge is in high demand.

Interview Questions

• They asked what was my salary at my previous employer.   1 Answer

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Budapest (Hungary)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Budapest (Hungary)) in January 2017.

Interview

5 round, phone, online test, motivation letter, technical and HR interwiew.
    The whole process was held in english language. The was about a week between each round, the HR assistants were always keep in touch with you, and give responses to each round.

Interview Questions

• What is accruals?
      Which type of derivatives do you know? Tell something about theese things.
      Which type of functions do you know in excel?
      What is the vlookup function?

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Budapest (Hungary)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Budapest (Hungary)).

Interview

first there is a phone interview with HR and online test. If you pass then you will move to another phone interview with team leader. about two weeks later I was invited with face to face interview that took around 1 hour each (two face to face interview).
    Environment was quite nice, however they are trying to pressure you, but you must be ready :)))

Interview Questions

• where you will see yourself in 5, 10 years?
      your leadership style?

Mock Assessment Center Test Interview

Anonymous Employee in Budapest (Hungary)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Budapest (Hungary)) in November 2016.

Interview

I went to Finance-Risk Management Mock Assessment Centre. First they made a presentation about the company then divided us into 2 groups. First 40 min our group needed to solve a case. They record each member activity, so can give a proper feedback at the end. After the group assignment each of us a personal interview. First they ask about personal goals , then they proceed to technical part with all the questions mostly about about finance and economics.

Interview Questions

• 1)Tell me about yourself
      2) Why Morgan stanley?
      3) What your goals for 5 years
      4) What would you do if you are not managing to finish your job by the deadline?
      5) What are derivatives?
      6) What are the risks associated with pharma industry and phone industry
      7) What will happen to the other markets if smth will happen in the mentioned ones.

Bank Resource Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in Budapest (Hungary)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Budapest (Hungary)) in November 2016.

Interview

The interview Process took about 2 to 3 weeks.
    First was the phone interview, which took about 7 minutes. A few days later i had to do a test and finally an interview at the office, which took about 1 hour: 30 minuted with the team and 30 mins with HR.
    The overall process was very good.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Budapest (Hungary)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Budapest (Hungary)) in November 2016.

Interview

3 x 45 min phone interviews and in person 3 x 45 min. Questions from stohastics, brain teasers, derivatives,... All together quite demanding since you need to cover lots of different knowledge areas. Took quite some hours of preparation. Interviewers were nice, giving tips when you encountered a problem. Go through standard probability and statics books, Hull derivatives book, econometrics..

Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Budapest (Hungary)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Budapest (Hungary)) in October 2016.

Interview

After handing in my application on the company's website, I was called right the next day. It was a phone interview which lasted for 15 mins. After the HR manager introduced himself, I was talking to, he asked a few questions about my knowledge that I included in my CV. After then, my English knowledge was reviewed (it's necessary for the job) where the guy asked about my motivation for the job and interest in Data Analysis. Also, I had to present my previous career.. At the end of the interview we scheduled a second phone interview which was a technical one rather than general. Some days later I was called and I was told that I couldn't manage to get into the third round with no specific explanation.

Interview Questions

• What motivates you for the job?
      Why do you wish to work as a Data Scientist?
      Why do you find the position interesting?
      Suppose that you have a sample from the uniform(0,T) distributuion. How would you estimate the parameter T? Why?
      What is the encapsulation in C++?
      What is a smartpointer in C++?
      What is a template in C++?

Vice President, Technology Interview

Anonymous Employee in Budapest (Hungary)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Budapest (Hungary)).

Interview

Regarding Enterprise Technology the process is generally very long and slow. On average it can take about 4 to 6 weeks from start to end. Numerous levels of interviews are required from local and remote hiring managers. Local HR is relatively junior and doesn't possess any real decision making authority but manages the local process only. The right profile, influence/persuasion and lots of patience will be required if you're looking to land a job in the firm.

Interview Questions

• Questions vary depending on the interviewer, role and function. There are no standardized questions. The general approach is tiered:

1) 1 or 2 Phone Screens: Assessment of expectations, motivation and English language skills. Performed by local HR representative and functional contact (30 minute duration).

2) 1 or 2 Technical Interviews: Assessment of technical skills and knowledge appropriate for the role. Performed by functional team lead/members (30 - 60 minutes duration), on-site and/or phone.

3) 1 or 2 Manager Interviews: Assessment of team-fit and overall ability to deliver value add. Performed by local and/or functional managers (30 - 60 minutes), on-site and/or phone.

4) 1 or 2 Culture-fit Interview: Assessment of cultural-fit to Morgan Stanley. Performed by local department heads (30 - 60 minutes), typically on-site.
      1 Answer

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Budapest (Hungary)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Budapest (Hungary)) in September 2016.

Interview

Interviewed via video conference from the Morgan Stanley office in my hometown. Started with an HR interview, moved on to the job specific interview. Friendly people, I felt comfortable. My one objection is that they never reconnected after the interview, they should at least have the courtesy to send an email to let me know that I didn't get the position.

Reporting Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Budapest (Hungary)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Budapest (Hungary)) in September 2016.

Interview

Several phone interviews over the background check. Then a online assessment was assigned. Then a face to face interview with the managers, the peers, and the HR was carried out. Nothing technical was asked, but had to do a excel test.