Morgan Stanley Interview Questions in Budapest | Glassdoor

Interviews at Morgan Stanley

3.3

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Budapest (Hungary)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Budapest (Hungary)) in April 2016.

Interview

First is Telephonic round. Second is 3-4 hours technical and managerial round. In face to face technical one basic knowledge test and nest is advance technical test . Later the HR interview round.

Associate Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Budapest (Hungary)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Budapest (Hungary)) in November 2009.

Interview

4 interviews: phone screening, core competency, technical breadth, manager interview.
    exhausting.

Junior Network Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Budapest (Hungary)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Budapest (Hungary)) in November 2017.

Interview

I found the opportunity at a job fair. After the usual HR phone screening I had a technical phone interview. During this interview I had to answer questions about networking. The following interview was in person. This took about 2 hour and had three part. The first part was technical networking questions, but more in-depth than the phone one. After that I had a talk with a manager, it was more an introducing of the company and the tasks, than an interview. And finally some quick infos about me for the HR.
    I did not get an offer because I could not answer a few technical questions.

Interview Questions

• I had to explain how I set up a small network at home a few weeks back.   Answer Question

Junior Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Budapest (Hungary)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Budapest (Hungary)) in July 2008.

Interview

There was a phone screening first to test English language skills. Then I was invited for a series of interviews held all in a day which is very good as you have to take only one day off. The first one was a general computer skills on the desktop computer space. It took 30-45 mins. Then there was a similar one from server knowledge. The next one was a presentation skills interview with two high level managers.

Interview Questions

• I remember only a few questions. From the desktop part they asked about general things. Like what the registry is. What are the sections of the registry. What types of software deployment methods are you aware of. They want me to describe Microsoft SCCM in depth. Then they asked a few words about scripting.   Answer Question
    • The server part of the interview was rather easy. They asked me how to execute a process on more than one server. How to verify the results. How I start coding the script. Active Directory servers, what are there roles.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There is no really option to negotiate. They will ask you your current salary and if they want you then they offer a bit more. It doesn't really matter what are you asking for. If you do not tell them your current income then they do not hire you.

Junior Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Budapest (Hungary)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Budapest (Hungary)) in August 2018.

Interview

There were 3 parts:
    1. Phone interview, nothing technical, they just asked about why did I choose them, and all that stuff. They also tried to clarify what the job entails.
    2. Technical phone interview, focused on java.
    3. Personal interview. For me, this was 3 hour long, consisting of ~30 min sessions. I met with 3 teams that were looking for a new member. There were questions about my technical background and about "team fit". The technical questions focused on java, and the basics of programing, with some quick thinking games for the end.

There was a super annoying background check AFTER the contract was signed.

Junior Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Budapest (Hungary)

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Budapest (Hungary)) in November 2017.

Interview

3 rounds, one basic screening, one technical interview on phone. The last round was in person, an hour long technical interview, half an hour with the Project Manager, half an hour with HR. Everyone was friendly, it was a nice experience overall.

Junior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Budapest (Hungary)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Budapest (Hungary)) in October 2017.

Interview

2 phone interviews in english, and 1 on-site interview. First interview was with the HR department, asking mainly about myself. Second interview was a technical interview, where you could choose in which language you want them to ask you. Third interview was 3 hours long, with a whiteboard technical, interpersonal, and HR interviews.

Interview Questions

• Count all values in a binary tree using a recursive function.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Budapest (Hungary)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Budapest (Hungary)).

Interview

Phone screening, technical one. In person interview 3 parts. Two of the technical one HR. It took 3-4 hours. Third was a team fit interview with 3 team leads. It was shorter about 1,5 hours.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Budapest (Hungary)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Budapest (Hungary)).

Interview

After I succeed the HR and the technical phone interviews I got invited to Assessment Center at MS headquarters in Budapest. The first part was a group exercise, me and the other candidates had to decide which technical solution would we choose in order solve one specific problem. In this part the most important thing was to cooperate with the others, and also make a decision as fast as possible. No technical expertise was required in that part.
    The second part was an HR interview, they mostly asked questions they already had asked during the phone interview.
    The last part was a technical interview, and this was the most difficult. As I'm just finishing my first course in java, I could not answer most of these questions, as they were very deep and specific.
    Although the interview was tough, the whole process was very well organised, and also the interviewers were super-friendly and they helped me a lot. The best work interview experience in my life!

Interview Questions

• Why String class is specific in Java?
      Compare threads behavior in single processor-multiple core and multiple processor-single core systems?
      Compare StringBuffer and StringReader!
      And one tricky logical exercise.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Budapest (Hungary)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Budapest (Hungary)) in July 2015.

Interview

Interview had 3 parts: Phone, Personal (Technical) and a final round, where I spoke to 3 team leaders, who found my previous interview results interresting. During the phone interview, I was asked core java questions, the personal-technical round was really long (~4 hours), and I was interviewed by 3 groups (Java, SQL and HR/manager). The goal of the last round was to get to know the team leaders, and figure out, in which team would I fit.