Morgan Stanley Business Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Morgan Stanley Business Analyst Interview Questions

Interviews at Morgan Stanley

3.2

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (New York, NY) in May 2010.

Interview

I've had two phone interviews with two people followed by in-person interview with two people - all within 30 days period. Sr. Manager was also on the in-person interview schedule but had to go to a meeting on a short notice. Overall, my experience was good. Very pleasant people and very relaxed atmosphere during the interview. Questions were asked related to the position I was considered for, i.e. my experience with various aspects of the job. I felt that one person was very prepared for the interview - asked all the right questions. The other person was sort of shooting in all directions without having a specific set of questions in mind.

Interview Questions

• What was the most difficult/challenging problem you had to deal with at your past job(s)?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Morgan Stanley

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (New York, NY) in October 2010.

Interview

I was given a behaviorial interview for the beginning stages of the position. I was never again contacted to be notified of whether or not I was declined or accepted for an on-site interview. Needless to say, I was rather disappointed with the moral of the company to not even have the decency to send an e-mail to aware me of the situation, even after I had reached out more than once.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you were in a group and your members weren't pulling their weight.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (New York, NY) in September 2010.

Interview

It consisted of phone interview followed by face to face. question were target at what i have mentioned on my resume. ranging from technical to behavioral.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (New York, NY) in March 2011.

Interview

Describe SDLC? and also abt the projects in the resume

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (New York, NY) in April 2012.

Interview

I was referred by someone in a different department whom I'd spoken to about a position that had been filled. He liked me enough to refer me on to another group despite the lack of openings in his own group. I then had in-person interviews with three people; a lower-level staffer who would have been my direct manager, the head of the group, and the head of the department.

Interview Questions

• How would you get the attention and buy-in of senior-level executives who really had no interest in supporting your project?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (New York, NY) in November 2013.

Interview

Phone interview

Interview Questions

• Asked about software development experience I don't have   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (New York, NY) in April 2013.

Interview

The hiring process was a little longer than I expected.
    I learned about the position through an on-campus career fair, and got accepted for an on-campus interview.
    The managers interviewing didn't seem to enjoy their job.

Interview Questions

• Not a question- but group activity was to use lego blocks to build a child-friendly play-zone.   Answer Question

The upper management didn't seem to enjoy their job

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (New York, NY) in April 2013.

Interview

Interview was challenging. Met with 6 people for 30 minutes each. All were great at describing their responsibilities and what is expected from a candidate. Each person spoke clearly and with confidence. Office has a very friendly and positive feel when you walk in.

Interview Questions

• Google interview questions. "How many golf balls can you fit on a school bus". Technical question was name a problem that came up unexpectedly during an immediate need and how did you solve it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (New York, NY) in April 2016.

Interview

phone - Face to face
    I received phone call from staffing agency, and they submit my resume. Later, i got an interview.there are two employer from testing team. It took around 1 and half hour.

Interview Questions

• Most based on your resume work experience.
      any challenge of your current work?
      Why do you think you the position?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (New York, NY) in November 2013.

Interview

Two interviews, one at school, one on-site interview. First interview was divided into a technical and behavioral interview. Interviewer asked typical questions such as why company, why role, strengths & weaknesses, and some coding questions. On-site interviews were several back to back interviews. Coding questions, behavioral questions and brainteasers were asked.

Interview Questions

• There are 9 balls, one has a different weight. How would you identify which one has a different weight? You have a scale and you have 3 tries.   Answer Question