Morgan Stanley Interview Questions in Chicago, IL | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 20, 2017

2.6

Wealth Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Phone Interview then interview in the office. Mostly behavioral questions with a few basic technicals. Overall everyone was very friendly and the firm was nice. I interviewed in the Chicago Office for Private Wealth Management.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through your resume.   1 Answer

Wealth Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Chicago, IL) in December 2016.

Interview

Had a phone interview, then an in person interview, then another phone interview, and now another in person interview. The first in person interview was with a panel of 3 people, the person I originally talked with on the phone, someone from the wealth management department, and a second person form the HR department.

Interview Questions

• If you could create any color crayon, what would it be and why? followed by how would you go door to door to sell it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Chicago, IL) in December 2016.

Interview

Applied online, had to complete 3 basic online tests to complete the application. Contacted by HR for a short telephone interview followed by a formal telephone interview. Then invited for interview at their offices a week or so later

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Chicago, IL) in November 2016.

Interview

Interview by three people. Talked about skills and alittle about the markets. It is also important that you fit into the morgan stanley culture so personal questions were asked. It is important to be confident as you will be speaking with clients and dealing with challenging tasks.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Chicago, IL) in November 2016.

Interview

The first interview was over the phone. I got an email for a second interview, which was at the building. The interview itself was not difficult, a lot of questions on past work experience/skills.

Resident Financial Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Chicago, IL) in March 2016.

Interview

The interview was quite long with various steps but overall it was a good experience with great people. There were some issues with the online application but my contacts ended up taking care of it.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work as a Wealth Advisor   1 Answer

Financial Advisor Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Chicago, IL) in November 2015.

Interview

Telephone screening about 2 weeks ago. The interview was based mainly on my past work experiences. I was also briefed on tje different phase of the job. The interviewer did mention that year 1 was the most difficult and at the end of the 3 years you should have $100m AUM.

Interview Questions

• What is your potential target market?   1 Answer

IB Summer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Chicago, IL) in November 2015.

Interview

It was started with a on campus interview, few phone calls. Super day and more interviews and talking with people. Asked technical and interest questions to see my knowledge of the industry and technical questions within banking.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Chicago, IL) in July 2015.

Interview

Submitted my resume through a person who had internal contact at Morgan Stanley. About 2 months after, I received an invitation to a phone interview. During the phone interview, I was hired on the spot.

Financial Advisor Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Chicago, IL).

Interview

I had a brief phone interview and was asked to come in the same day for an in person interview. I was interviewed by several people ranging from former interns to Financial Planners. The employees and the office were both very professional. However, when I asked questions to each interviewer I was always given different responses. They were unable to give me an exact start date and there seemed to be some disorganization on the logistics of the position. I was told that I would hear back by the beginning of the next week and I did not hear back until 2-3 weeks later.

Interview Questions

• If you were President, what three things would you do?   Answer Question