Morgan Stanley Interview Questions in Chicago, IL | Glassdoor

Morgan Stanley Interview Questions in Chicago, IL

2.7

Financial Advisor Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Chicago, IL) in November 2015.

Interview

Telephone screening about 2 weeks ago. The interview was based mainly on my past work experiences. I was also briefed on tje different phase of the job. The interviewer did mention that year 1 was the most difficult and at the end of the 3 years you should have $100m AUM.

Interview Questions

• What is your potential target market?   1 Answer

Financial Advisor Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Chicago, IL).

Interview

I had a brief phone interview and was asked to come in the same day for an in person interview. I was interviewed by several people ranging from former interns to Financial Planners. The employees and the office were both very professional. However, when I asked questions to each interviewer I was always given different responses. They were unable to give me an exact start date and there seemed to be some disorganization on the logistics of the position. I was told that I would hear back by the beginning of the next week and I did not hear back until 2-3 weeks later.

Interview Questions

• If you were President, what three things would you do?   Answer Question

Wealth Management Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Chicago, IL) in March 2013.

Interview

Had an initial phone interview, after that I was sent some documents detailing how to build a business plan as a FA. When we met in person for a lunch interview went over how you would implement or grow your practice, as well as addressing my potential target markets or centers of influences for prospective business.

Interview Questions

• How would you go about building your own book of customers?   Answer Question

Credit Strategist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Chicago, IL) in January 2013.

Interview

one written test followed by a technical interview

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Chicago, IL) in May 2012.

Interview

Applied through my school website, got contacted about 2 weeks later. Came into the office and had a very informal interview and was basically asked if I was energetic/outgoing. Fairly easy but caught me off-guard. Very short interview process too--just showed me the office and asked if I had any questions. Overall, very happy company.

IB Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Chicago, IL) in January 2012.

Interview

Asked me my story and how to value a company

Equity Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Chicago, IL) in January 2012.

Interview

Question: pitch a stock? what do you do in your spare time? Discounted Cash Flows?

Financial Advisor Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakbrook Terrace, IL

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Oakbrook Terrace, IL) in December 2011.

Interview

I applied by sending my resume and agreeing online to show up to their "open house" so to speak. It was a group of 7 applicants in one room, the hiring manager explained what the company does and the what the position includes. Each applicant met with two interviewers for a quick 10 min interview and then were sent home, we were to fill out the application online and complete the assessment if not already done. The hiring manager never called me back and when I was able to finally get in contact with him he said he never received my application in his email and they had already made their decision.

Interview Questions

• Do you know what a financial advisor does?   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to work for Morgan Stanley?   1 Answer

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Chicago, IL) in April 2011.

Interview

Applied for the position that was posted online. Shortly after sending the email, a recruiter based in NY replied and asked for copy of the resume posted on Morgan Stanley's career website and scheduled for a phone interview the same day. The recruiter is very nice yet professional and scheduled a one-on-one interview the following week with a Regional Director.

The Regional Director basically laid out the cards on the table on how the position entails so you will know what to expect if the position is offered. All in all, it was a productive interview.

Summer Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Chicago, IL) in September 2010.

Interview

This interview consisted of a surprise group interview of which there were basic interview questions such as: "tell me a stressful situation and how did you deal with it" "what is your favorite non-business class" "tell me about a time you set goals for yourself and the steps you took to achieve them" Then, it was a phone interview which consisted of just the interviewee asking questions, you had to have good questions to ask. Lastly, the third interview consisted of a big surprise, the group had left Morgan-Stanley and formed a business themselves and were looking for interns for their new Wealth management company the whole time.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a goal you set for yourself and what were the steps you took to achieve the goal   Answer Question
    • Do you prefer sales or finance?   1 Answer