Morgan Stanley Interview Questions in Chicago, IL | Glassdoor

2.6

38 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Wealth Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Chicago, IL) in November 2014.

Interview

Very relaxed interview process, mostly fit and behavioral questions. The interviewer was the head financial advisor of his group and he had one other member of his team with him as well. There were no technical questions involved with the interview process. I waited about 3 weeks later and got a phone call about an internship offer for the academic year.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Chicago, IL) in September 2014.

Interview

Submitted resume through campus job board. Had initial phone screen with hiring manager, then brought in for in person interview. Was asked about my resume and hired on the spot.

Registered Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Chicago, IL) in September 2014.

Interview

The interview was really quick. I came in and met with the team I would be working with. The interview could not have lasted more than 30 minutes. Didn't really ask any technicaly questions. Afterwards I met with the HR lady. Was offered the job a few days later.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They gave me an offer and I countered but was told because I didn't have experience in this position they couldn't offer me any more.

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Highland Park, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Highland Park, IL) in April 2014.

Interview

I had a connection who I interviewed with for his team. He wanted to mentor me and expose me to what he does for a living. I met him for coffee and we just talked for about 45 minutes.

Interview Questions

• What do you want to learn about?   1 Answer

Financial Advisor Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orland Park, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Orland Park, IL) in June 2013.

Interview

The interview process was conversational, speaking about your experience, manager tries to get a feeling for your abilities and match. The branch manager was honest that this profession is difficult. Though the 90% failure rate did not come up in the interview.

Interview Questions

• What in your experience makes you a good candidate for this position?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Negotiation did not appear to be an option as I was new to the field. I would suggest asking how they help you gain clients and meet production goals.

Wealth Management Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Chicago, IL) in March 2013.

Interview

Had an initial phone interview, after that I was sent some documents detailing how to build a business plan as a FA. When we met in person for a lunch interview went over how you would implement or grow your practice, as well as addressing my potential target markets or centers of influences for prospective business.

Interview Questions

• How would you go about building your own book of customers?   Answer Question

Credit Strategist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Chicago, IL) in January 2013.

Interview

one written test followed by a technical interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Chicago, IL) in December 2012.

Interview

Applied on my university job board and got a call to come in for an interview, probably within a week. Met with a FA and two other of my lower supervisors, they asked basic questions about my resume and basically told me the job responsibilities. It was more them telling me stuff then interviewing them.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Chicago, IL) in May 2012.

Interview

Applied through my school website, got contacted about 2 weeks later. Came into the office and had a very informal interview and was basically asked if I was energetic/outgoing. Fairly easy but caught me off-guard. Very short interview process too--just showed me the office and asked if I had any questions. Overall, very happy company.

Financial Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Chicago, IL) in March 2012.

Interview

Multiple emails and phone calls with pretty basic behavioral questions. The financial exam required before the training was general in nature and covered many aspects of wealth management, integrity, regulations, etc. The people I worked with were personable and were able to answer any of my questions. I wasn't sure that I wanted to follow through with three year training pipeline so I declined the opportunity.