Morgan Stanley Client Service Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Morgan Stanley Client Service Associate Interview Questions

Interviews at Morgan Stanley

2.6

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Chicago, IL) in November 2017.

Interview

I had a preliminary phone interview for Client Service Associate. It was very casual and straightforward. The questions were pretty simple and the call was short. I am still going through the interview process.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Morgan Stanley

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (New York, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

Very welcoming actually! Mainly fit and behavioral questions. I felt that in my interviews they wanted to get to know me rather than grill me on technical questions. Private Wealth Management is about cultivating relationships with your clients. You have to be a people person in this industry and some one your clients can trust. I first interviewed with the head of the New York Department. Then I met with the head of the admin group. A month later I met with 2 teams for a total of 10 interviews. I would rather call these conversations as they were really casual. The teams just want to see if they can put up with you all day. Great environment and people to work in and with. Big thing they do is look at the bottom of your resume to see what your activities are outside of work. That was a selling point for them on me.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (New York, NY) in June 2017.

Interview

Phone call with prospective team, then came into office for face to face interview with management, the team, and a few other people in the office. Got the offer that day after the interview.

Client Service Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley in October 2017.

Interview

I filled out the application online and received an email from the recruiter the next day wanting to schedule a phone interview. The phone interview was pleasant and brief just asking about myself and asking if I had any questions about the company. I was then immediately scheduled for a face-to-face interview two days later. That interview was also very brief they asked me what I like to do for fun and asked if I had any more questions about the company. It seemed to go okay I was told that I would hear back within 2 days and I'm currently waiting.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (New York, NY) in August 2015.

Interview

2 phone interviews. Then got the call back to come in for in person interviews. Had about 6 interviews with members of the wealth management team. After I was hired I was told that only 2 of the 6 mattered. Also had to interview with the branch manager and Compliance manager. These 2 interviews were very easy get to know you type of interviews where they did most of the talking. Just be likable.

Anonymous Employee in Menlo Park, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Menlo Park, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

I submitted my application online, and a manager shortly contacted me afterwards. Without scheduling a good time with me beforehand, the manager called me out of the blue and started asking me interview questions like: "Tell me about yourself", "why are you interested in this position", etc.

I was pretty interested in the role so I had no problem chatting with the manager in that surprise phone call, but the whole thing felt odd to me, especially since the manager called me several times using a personal phone rather than a work phone.

Later on, I was asked to go on site for an interview. The interview process went pretty smoothly and I met a lot of the financial advisors who I would be working with if I got the job.

A week later, the same manager called me and told me that they would like to have me on the team. The manager gave me a rundown of what my compensation and benefits would look like and asked me if I could give a verbal confirmation of my acceptance during the phone call.

I was shocked because I was not expecting to give an answer right on the spot. I asked for some time to deliberate and the manager's tone changed. The manager asked me why I needed more time to consider the offer and told me that they expected me to accept it right away.

I pleaded for more time and I was given 24 hours. After careful thought, I decided to turn down the offer. I called back, and gave the manager the news and thanked them for the opportunity to interview with them.

The manager then yelled at me, telling me that I was a "complete waste of time" and that I was "extremely unprofessional". I apologized and the manager hung up on me.

Overall, my experience was unpleasant, but I am sure that this is not an accurate representation of Morgan Stanley as it is an esteemed institution. I wanted to share my experience because I want to encourage people to think carefully before accepting a job offer. Looking back, I really do believe that I had dodged a bullet. Again, it is more about the fit with the manager, rather than Morgan Stanley as a whole.

I guess what I am trying to say is: Don't let people bully you into saying yes.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself   Answer Question
    • Why are you interested in this position?   Answer Question
    • There is a lot of learning on the job. Can you tell me how you typically take notes or learn new things?   Answer Question
    • What would you do if a client asked you to do something that was against regulations?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Jericho, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Jericho, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

It was a three-tailed interview process that was held by each FA of the team, questions were less technical and more based on the ability to add value. I was evaluated by my ability to connect with each FA individually. The cherry on top was the chocolates that I gave to the assistants.

Client Service Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley in March 2016.

Interview

First interviewed with the Branch Manager followed with a small group interview with two financial advisors (working as a team in the branch), then the Branch service manager, Assistant branch service manager, then finally the compliance officer. The whole ordeal lasted a little over 3 hours, but I will admit that it was a pleasant experience.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself. (something not on the resume)   1 Answer
    • Explain the personality types of the advisors and managers that you work with now.   Answer Question
    • How to you handle difficult clients.   Answer Question
    • How do you prioritize?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Philadelphia, PA) in April 2015.

Interview

They made me do 4 interviews each to meet different people. They said I would have to take an Excel test, but it never happened. The process took 3 months and the background check and finger printing took a while, too. A bunch of time went by between each interview, so the time was really extended.

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Los Angeles, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

Interviewed by management then the team. The interview process was 3 days long for about 2 hour intervals. Everyone was very nice through the process, management took a general interest into me as a person and wanted to make sure this would be a good fit for me along with the team. Team provided me with a brief summary of their book of business and took interest in getting to know my interest outside of work.

Interview Questions

• Provide me with a moment where you worked with someone difficult and how did you handle the situation.   Answer Question