Morgan Stanley Client Service Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Morgan Stanley Client Service Associate Interview Questions

Interviews at Morgan Stanley

2.6

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bethesda, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Bethesda, MD) in October 2019.

Interview

Was called in for what I was told would be a preliminary interview, which turned out to be a 15 minute screening that could have been a phone interview. Waited 8 days for a reply and was called in for a second in-person interview with the financial manager, which was 45 minutes. Followed up with the interview contact 4 times with no response. I didn't feel the interviews itself were difficult, but getting feedback or even any sort of follow-up information was nearly impossible. Disappointed to not get any sort of acknowledgment or close out of the interview process.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to deal with a difficult client; how did you approach the situation?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Morgan Stanley

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Garden City, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Garden City, NY).

Interview

Went into the Garden City office for an in person interview. Everyone was very friendly and professional. Interview lasted maybe 30 mins. Basically asked me to expand on every aspect of my resume

Interview Questions

• The class I did the best and worst in   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2019.

Interview

I got the onsite interview after a phone call saying I was recommended by someone. The process took 30 mins. 3 managers interviewed me. They let me go through my resume and asked me some client service questions. What's more, one manager told me that this position only needs high school diploma, while I have a master's degree, so he doubted that I would go away after several weeks of work. Over all, the process is good.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you got bad feedback and how you dealt with it.   Answer Question

Client Service Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley.

Interview

I found it relatively easy, no curveballs, questions such as why wealth management? Mostly behavioral questions and if you have an interest in the markets. Every team is different; I would make sure you fit with the team culturally before accepting an offer.

Anonymous Employee in Utica, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Utica, NY) in October 2018.

Interview

Interview process wasn't bad at all as long you know your stuff and be yourself you are golden. 1st Round you meet Hiring manager , 2nd Round you meet the team of FAs and 3rd Round A quick sit down with Branch Manager.

Interview Questions

• What makes you different than anyone else ?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Allentown, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Allentown, PA) in August 2018.

Interview

I think it probably depends totally on who is doing the interview, but mine was done by the regional manager and the branch services manager. And it was pretty stuffy and serious. Not much smiling. Not that it matters. They are businessmen and they want to see that you will be good at this job and make the company money.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever gotten an angry call from a client in a past job? How did you handle it?   Answer Question

Client Services Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reston, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Reston, VA) in May 2018.

Interview

I applied for this position online and was contacted the same day for a phone interview. The phone interview was rather typical of an initial screen, and I was immediately offered the in-person interview at the end of the phone call. That meeting took place maybe a week later. I was then offered a second interview about another week thereafter. At the end of the second interview, I was told I would hear something by the end of the following week.

After that time, plus another week thereafter, I followed up with the person with whom I had been in contact throughout the process. To this day, two months later, I have never heard another word from their office.

At each step of the process, I sent a hand-written thank you note and follow up email to each of the employees in the office with whom I met. I understand that the hiring process always takes longer than expected, and I realize that recruitment is but one part of a very busy office, but after three separate interviews, I must say that it was rather off-putting to never hear anything back whatsoever.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (San Francisco, CA) in April 2018.

Interview

The client service manager asked me to come in to the office and explained to me what their expectation is and helped me understand the position even more. Then she asked me to come back to meet the 2 financial advisors that I will be working under.

Anonymous Employee in Temple Terrace, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Temple Terrace, FL) in January 2018.

Interview

Two people interviewed me and asked a series of questions. Two different managers sat and asked me questions. One was more friendly and easier to talk to and the other was a bit more stern and serious. Overall I prepared well for the interview

Interview Questions

• Name a time where you had to deal with a difficult client   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Chicago, IL) in November 2017.

Interview

I had a preliminary phone interview for Client Service Associate. It was very casual and straightforward. The questions were pretty simple and the call was short. I am still going through the interview process.

Interview Questions

• How do you stay organized?   1 Answer
    • Are you comfortable studying and passing tests? (for the licensing)   Answer Question