Morgan Stanley Client Service Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 19, 2017

2.7

27 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Los Angeles, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

Interviewed by management then the team. The interview process was 3 days long for about 2 hour intervals. Everyone was very nice through the process, management took a general interest into me as a person and wanted to make sure this would be a good fit for me along with the team. Team provided me with a brief summary of their book of business and took interest in getting to know my interest outside of work.

Interview Questions

• Provide me with a moment where you worked with someone difficult and how did you handle the situation.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Morgan Stanley

Client Service Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley in March 2016.

Interview

First interviewed with the Branch Manager followed with a small group interview with two financial advisors (working as a team in the branch), then the Branch service manager, Assistant branch service manager, then finally the compliance officer. The whole ordeal lasted a little over 3 hours, but I will admit that it was a pleasant experience.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself. (something not on the resume)   1 Answer
    • Explain the personality types of the advisors and managers that you work with now.   Answer Question
    • How to you handle difficult clients.   Answer Question
    • How do you prioritize?   Answer Question

Client Service Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley.

Interview

Spoke with Advisor's I would be working with - they discussed the role and what they expected. Since you will be working directly for the advisors they want to make sure you are the right fit for their business. Then interviewed by middle management, this seemed to be more of them double checking what the advisor's thought.

Client Services Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley.

Interview

Phone Interview after internship. It was really more about what I expected from the position and how I wanted to grow. I had already been interning with my team for over three summers so I knew them and they knew me

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Atlanta, GA) in September 2015.

Interview

Briefly met with three people, who I would be closely interacting with if hired. Very unstructured inquiries with one person relaying the company structure and the requirements of the position. Everyone I met in the office was friendly and accommodating. However, they did not delve much into the details of my past work experience. But we had very interesting conversations.

Interview Questions

• How can your work experience help you in the position you are applying for?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Los Angeles, CA) in September 2015.

Interview

Applied online. About 1 week later I received a phone call from the CSA working for the advisor whom I'd be working for to schedule an in-person interview. It was very casual and straight-forward; it was with the advisor and the current CSA. They reviewed my skills and qualifications briefly and then got to know me a bit personally. Immediately following the interview, I was offered to come back for a second round interview with the branch manager. Pretty straight-forward interview going over the roles and responsibilities.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a little about you and your personal background.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 7+ weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Sacramento, CA).

Interview

It was not pleasant. I had to meet with three people and wasn't introduced properly to the second person, it turned out he was in upper management, I actually asked what he did and felt stupid.

Interview Questions

• They didn't really ask any official questions, basically what I did at certain jobs, why I got my degree at that school, and why I left certain jobs.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Philadelphia, PA) in April 2015.

Interview

They made me do 4 interviews each to meet different people. They said I would have to take an Excel test, but it never happened. The process took 3 months and the background check and finger printing took a while, too. A bunch of time went by between each interview, so the time was really extended.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (New York, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

Set up a meeting with one person, ended up meeting with 10 people in that one day. Only one person emailed me back saying they would get back to me. Never heard back from them. Not very professional after spending 6 hours there. It felt like they had me meet with people I wouldn't be directly working with, and somewhat unnecessary. Met with a wide range of people from the branch manager to assistants.

Anonymous Employee in Jericho, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Jericho, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

It was a three-tailed interview process that was held by each FA of the team, questions were less technical and more based on the ability to add value. I was evaluated by my ability to connect with each FA individually. The cherry on top was the chocolates that I gave to the assistants.