Morgan Stanley Client Service Associate Interview Questions

Updated Apr 16, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 44 of over 4.8K interviews

Campus Recruiting12%
2.6
HardAverageEasy

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Houston, TX) in Jun 2020

Interview

The interview process was done via bluejeans. I believe video interviews does not give a true reflection of a person I prefer in person interview. It was suppose to four persons interviewing me only two showed up and one left early. The interviewer very aloof and made me feel very uncomfortable. The questions asked were very unfair to me as no where in the job description does it say anything about stock and bonds. The role is a client service role and I made sure to do my research. Those interviewers act like the own the company. Moreover I never got a rejection email had to keep checking online myself very unprofessional.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about yourself. Tell me about a situation where you received feedback from your manager. What is a stock What is a bond what is a mutual fund
    Answer Question
2 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boulder, CO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Boulder, CO) in Jun 2020

Interview

A quick, 20-minute phone-call with the members of the financial advisory team. They each took a turn and asked me a question about my background. They were really interested in my previous internship experience.

Interview Questions
  • Asked me about my resume and background.
  • Asked me about my previous internship experience.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bethesda, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Bethesda, MD) in Oct 2019

Interview

Was called in for what I was told would be a preliminary interview, which turned out to be a 15 minute screening that could have been a phone interview. Waited 8 days for a reply and was called in for a second in-person interview with the financial manager, which was 45 minutes. Followed up with the interview contact 4 times with no response. I didn't feel the interviews itself were difficult, but getting feedback or even any sort of follow-up information was nearly impossible. Disappointed to not get any sort of acknowledgment or close out of the interview process.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about a time you had to deal with a difficult client; how did you approach the situation?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Garden City, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Garden City, NY)

Interview

Went into the Garden City office for an in person interview. Everyone was very friendly and professional. Interview lasted maybe 30 mins. Basically asked me to expand on every aspect of my resume

Interview Questions
  • The class I did the best and worst in

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Los Angeles, CA) in Jan 2019

Interview

I got the onsite interview after a phone call saying I was recommended by someone. The process took 30 mins. 3 managers interviewed me. They let me go through my resume and asked me some client service questions. What's more, one manager told me that this position only needs high school diploma, while I have a master's degree, so he doubted that I would go away after several weeks of work. Over all, the process is good.

Interview Questions
  • Name a time when you got bad feedback and how you dealt with it.
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Utica, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Utica, NY) in Oct 2018

Interview

Interview process wasn't bad at all as long you know your stuff and be yourself you are golden. 1st Round you meet Hiring manager , 2nd Round you meet the team of FAs and 3rd Round A quick sit down with Branch Manager.

Interview Questions
  • What makes you different than anyone else ?

Morgan Stanley

Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley

Interview

I found it relatively easy, no curveballs, questions such as why wealth management? Mostly behavioral questions and if you have an interest in the markets. Every team is different; I would make sure you fit with the team culturally before accepting an offer.

Interview Questions
3 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Allentown, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Allentown, PA) in Aug 2018

Interview

I think it probably depends totally on who is doing the interview, but mine was done by the regional manager and the branch services manager. And it was pretty stuffy and serious. Not much smiling. Not that it matters. They are businessmen and they want to see that you will be good at this job and make the company money.

Interview Questions
  • Have you ever gotten an angry call from a client in a past job? How did you handle it?
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reston, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Reston, VA) in May 2018

Interview

I applied for this position online and was contacted the same day for a phone interview. The phone interview was rather typical of an initial screen, and I was immediately offered the in-person interview at the end of the phone call. That meeting took place maybe a week later. I was then offered a second interview about another week thereafter. At the end of the second interview, I was told I would hear something by the end of the following week. After that time, plus another week thereafter, I followed up with the person with whom I had been in contact throughout the process. To this day, two months later, I have never heard another word from their office. At each step of the process, I sent a hand-written thank you note and follow up email to each of the employees in the office with whom I met. I understand that the hiring process always takes longer than expected, and I realize that recruitment is but one part of a very busy office, but after three separate interviews, I must say that it was rather off-putting to never hear anything back whatsoever.

Interview Questions
3 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (San Francisco, CA) in Apr 2018

Interview

The client service manager asked me to come in to the office and explained to me what their expectation is and helped me understand the position even more. Then she asked me to come back to meet the 2 financial advisors that I will be working under.

Interview Questions
2 people found this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 44 Interviews